You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Building a roll.

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all, 2nd attempt at starting a diary hopefully can stick to this one. My names Conor I'm 19 and from Ireland, currently studying finance in uni. I'm looking to build up a roll to help pay for travelling next summer when I'll be finished uni. I'm going to start with 400 euros in my account plus about 200 euros in rakeback due from last month. I had a much bigger roll and was playing up to 50nl at times over the summer but I had to withdraw most of it for a holiday and some other expenses. I'll be moving down to solely the 20nl tables to start with which im sort of happy about in a way. I feel like I've actually regressed the last few months playing while never really concentrating or with much of a plan, so a fresh start moving up the stakes will do me good.

Started on October 1st with 400 euros currently up to 457.24. + rakeback due.

Goals for October

() Achieve priority for the first time.
() Top 3 in Punta Cana promo for low stakes.
() 120 hours of poker (currently on 20 so good start)
() Sign up to a training site, and actually put effort in to it.
() Stop watching tv episodes on Ipad while playing.

Not going to set monetary goals as I can't predict variance, although fingers crossed I'll be able to move up a stake. I'll try to update this thing every week or so if people are interested.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Good luck buddy...

120 hours... someone's going to be cream crackered by the end of October  lol
  • edited October 2014
    Good luck with this Conor
    Nice post. 
    It's always good to give a little information about yourself.
    Where are you hoping to be doing your travelling?
    Do you think 120 hours will be enough to make the Top 3? I'm not sure if it will be.
    How many tables are you playing?
    If the worst happens and you bust this bankroll, will you reload?

Hope you make Top 3

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Building a roll.:
    Good luck with this Conor Nice post.  It's always good to give a little information about yourself. Where are you hoping to be doing your travelling? Do you think 120 hours will be enough to make the Top 3? I'm not sure if it will be. How many tables are you playing? If the worst happens and you bust this bankroll, will you reload? Hope you make Top 3
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks.

Not sure where yet, I sort of want to go everywhere but unfortunately that can't happen. Most likely around Europe, although I'd love to go to south east Asia. I think 120 hours should be enough, Donttellmum will definitely win my leaderboard, but apart from that there isin't too much competition, I'd increase volume a bit if needed. Playing 6-10 tables currently. I'd be willing to reload but would rather not, I think it's unlikely to happen as I feel I have a solid edge at this stake, but if I was getting short I'd prob move down stakes before reloading.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Conor,  good luck with your goals and its been nice playing against you at the tables.  I guess we'll be seeing alot of each other.

Hope your travelling works out.  I have travelled to most parts of the world and SE Asia was defo one of my faves.  There were quite alot of folk grinding in Chiang Mai where I lived in Thailand.  Although not on sky.  With living expenses so cheap over there I guess it made sense.

Good luck and look forward to our games.

DTM
  • edited October 2014

Morning Conor, & good luck with your goals.

"...I'll try to update this thing every week or so if people are interested....."

Deffo interested, but ideally, to keep a bit of momentum & interest, more frequent updates would be better, even if only twice per week.
  • edited October 2014
    GL Conor!
    It's lovely seeing new diaries/faces in the forum :)
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks guys! I'll try every couple of days then Tikay.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Building a roll.:
    Hi all, 2nd attempt at starting a diary hopefully can stick to this one. My names Conor I'm 19 and from Ireland, currently studying finance in uni. I'm looking to build up a roll to help pay for travelling next summer when I'll be finished uni. I'm going to start with 400 euros in my account plus about 200 euros in rakeback due from last month. I had a much bigger roll and was playing up to 50nl at times over the summer but I had to withdraw most of it for a holiday and some other expenses. I'll be moving down to solely the 20nl tables to start with which im sort of happy about in a way. I feel like I've actually regressed the last few months playing while never really concentrating or with much of a plan, so a fresh start moving up the stakes will do me good. Started on October 1st with 400 euros currently up to 457.24. + rakeback due. Goals for October () Achieve priority for the first time. () Top 3 in Punta Cana promo for low stakes. () 120 hours of poker (currently on 20 so good start) () Sign up to a training site, and actually put effort in to it. () Stop watching tv episodes on Ipad while playing. Not going to set monetary goals as I can't predict variance, although fingers crossed I'll be able to move up a stake. I'll try to update this thing every week or so if people are interested.
    Posted by IHadTrips7
    i'm from ireland 2.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Conor - welcome to the diaries of poker chat and looking forward to reading.

From the brief time I've been at your tables you've obviously got good game and as long as you get a good start then you should be able to earn some good travelling money.

Was surprised to see you so high on both rake race tables, especially pre-DTM's appearance... you must have had almost your whole roll in-play earlier this week (not a criticism, more jealousy that growing old has made me such a bankroll nit!!).  I hope you keep it up and achieve your top 3 promo goal (although yeah, no-one will beat DTM at these things!)
  • edited October 2014
    hello conor gl in your diary buddy I know you have gd game so i`m sure u will do well in this diary :)
  • edited October 2014
    Hey Conor all the best!

See you are doing well in the promo, good luck with it.
  • edited October 2014
    Not really had a lot to update so far. I didn't play too much the last few days as been a bit busy with college stuff. I've slipped to 3rd on the Punta Cana board and I've only got 2310 C4P so I'll be increasing the volume a lot the next few days. On the tables I'm down a bit, bankroll right now is 584.17 after getting September rakeback. I'm going to stick with the 20nl until I reach 1k and then take shots moving up. Hopefully something interesting happens on the tables soon so I can update more often.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Conor,

Just catching up with diary.  Good Luck!   Oh and if you can get cheap flights SE Asia is MUCH cheaper than Europe for a holiday.  #justsaying  (Thats just to annoy TK)