You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October****

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

It’s Turbo Tuesday Time Folks… and thanks to Sky Poker Prize Boosts, we have bumped up the guarantee on tonight’s Main Event by an extra £2,000! With an EXTRA £22,000 given out in guarantees the whole month of October, now could not be a better time to be a player on Sky Poker! 

The show tonight is looking to be a corker with a few special guests coming to join analyst Ross Jarvis and myself on the sofa. 

I guess its fancy dress time then… Sigh. (I thought I had gotten away with that….) Any ideas? Maybe I should just go simple like this...

Liam Batey, who is not only a professional poker player, but also a former professional BMX rider is going to be with us from 8pm - 11pm

alongside pro player Tommy Bingham

so get those questions into us, about poker, BMX’s and life as a pro!

We are also SO excited to have been nominated at The British Poker Awards for ‘Best UK Tournament’ for The UK Poker Championships and Tikay also for ‘Best Blogger’ and ‘Poker Personality’ this year. 

It got me thinking about if we were to have our own Sky Poker Awards…. Who would you lot nominate for the following awards and why? Feel free to nominate yourselves, but give us a valid reason! 

Sky Poker Lifetime Achievement Award

Biggest Sky Poker LuckBox

Best Sky Poker Forum Contributor

Sky Poker Performance of the Year 

I’m giving away TWO seats into Thursday’s Sky Sports Bounty Hunter for the best responses to our Sky Poker Award Nominations so get thinking! 

Ways to get in contact:

Email us: Skyopen@bskyb.com

Tweet us: #skypokertv (Follow us @skypoker)

Here on the forum 

Tonight’s show looks like this... 

7pm – 8pm Tonight on Sky Poker Super Roller final table from Sunday 5th October

8pm – 9pm Turbo Tuesday  - Live Turbo Open coverage with Liam Batey and Tommy Bingham joining us on the sofa until 11pm

9pm - 10pm Sky Poker Highlights Live Master Cash coverage

10pm – 11pm Sky Poker Sit & Go Sit & Go coverage

11pm – Midnight Turbo Tuesday Live Turbo Open coverage (late stages)

I'm sticking with the lucky animal vibe this week.

It was a black cat, then a horse, so tonight it’s Pluto’s turn to wish you….

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Also, I've fallen from 4th ot 6th on the Sky Sports fantasy football this week (there are 14 entered). Ross is obviously ahead of me, so I'm expecting some teasing jibes this evening from him. Any tips would be good from you football mad lot out there? I've been trying to save my transfers this week as there's still a little while to go and I really don't want to have to get Costa and Di Maria as EVERYONE has them (can he really keep playing like this??), but looking at how this is going, I might have to start going with the consensus (oh this so isn't me....I like to be different) 
    What do we think??
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: ****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October****:
    Also, I've fallen from 4th ot 6th on the Sky Sports fantasy football this week (there are 14 entered). Ross is obviously ahead of me, so I'm expecting some teasing jibes this evening from him. Any tips would be good from you football mad lot out there? I've been trying to save my transfers this week as there's still a little while to go and I really don't want to have to get Costa and Di Maria as EVERYONE has them (can he really keep playing like this??), but looking at how this is going, I might have to start going with the consensus (oh this so isn't me....I like to be different)  What do we think??
    Posted by Laura_C

Easy tip for you this week - Don't do anything!

There is currently a two week international break and Premiership games return on the 18th October. Use this time to study your players, watch out for any injuries and then decide on any transfers just before the next games kick off.

GL with the show and I hope Liam & Tommy enjoy their time tonight there.
  • edited October 2014
    Has Ross picked your outfit yet?

Ref fantasy footie - definitely wait and see what the international break brings - but if a player is clearly on form and in "everyones" team you have to put them in - otherwise you will lose clear ground week on week.

The trick is to be brave and get them out ahead of the others if you sense a loss of form - or use a cheeky substitution to get another player in for a game if it has been preadvertised they will be rested or take advantage of schedule. E.g. You have Costa, Chelsea play Saturday no midweek game and then the Sunday the week after - find a player who will play the 1st Sunday midweek and the Saturday then switch back.
  • edited October 2014

Sky Poker Lifetime Achievement Award - For all he does for the site, players and Forum....TIKAY

Biggest Sky Poker LuckBox - Probably Matt Bates, but will nominate my old mate PHIL12UK

Best Sky Poker Forum Contributor - Easy one, GARYQQQ

Sky Poker Performance of the Year - Must be Richard Orford winning the 2.20@2.20 Deepstack

Above 'just for fun' as not available to play Thursday night.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: ****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October**** : Easy tip for you this week - Don't do anything! There is currently a two week international break and Premiership games return on the 18th October. Use this time to study your players, watch out for any injuries and then decide on any transfers just before the next games kick off. GL with the show and I hope Liam & Tommy enjoy their time tonight there.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks for reminding me of this! I should have learnt my lesson after signing Sturridge right before the last England game and then guess what, he got injured and I wasted a signing!! I am slowly learning the ropes of this though, it is my first time doing it and I can proudly say I AM DOING IT ALL ON MY OWN. Aherrrrrmmmm other Sky Poker People ;)
  • edited October 2014
    Has Ross picked your outfit yet? Ref fantasy footie - definitely wait and see what the international break brings - but if a player is clearly on form and in "everyones" team you have to put them in - otherwise you will lose clear ground week on week. The trick is to be brave and get them out ahead of the others if you sense a loss of form - or use a cheeky substitution to get another player in for a game if it has been preadvertised they will be rested or take advantage of schedule. E.g. You have Costa, Chelsea play Saturday no midweek game and then the Sunday the week after - find a player who will play the 1st Sunday midweek and the Saturday then switch back.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks for your top tips too, I'm definitely taking all of these on board :)
    Errrrmmm well I have brought a whole bag of full of fancy dress goodies. Sadly I don't still have Devilfish's knuckledusters... Ross can decide before the show how ridiculous he is going to make me look. 
    BE KIND MR STARCH, I WILL REMEMBER THIS...
    Is it too late to do double or quits?

• edited October 2014

Looking forward to tonights show Laura reckon it'll be a blast, if there is a Last Longer for the main could you put me in Please.

Sky Poker Lifetime Achievement Award - Has to be DIVSDREAMS the guy is one of the best MTT Players on sky poker.

Biggest Sky Poker LuckBox - can be only one MRBURNS4 hits everytime.

Best Sky Poker Forum Contributor - this is tough so will nominate 2 / GARYQQQ for his daily tourney update thread & HITMAN_RV for his weekly team league updates which he has been doing for over 4 years now.

Sky Poker Performance of the Year - for me it has to be THE HUX, for his results in the Roller.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: ****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October**** : Thanks for your top tips too, I'm definitely taking all of these on board :) Errrrmmm well I have brought a whole bag of full of fancy dress goodies. Sadly I don't still have Devilfish's knuckledusters... Ross can decide before the show how ridiculous he is going to make me look.  BE KIND MR STARCH, I WILL REMEMBER THIS... Is it too late to do double or quits?
    Posted by Laura_C
    Naked or quits :-)))
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: ****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October**** : Thanks for reminding me of this! I should have learnt my lesson after signing Sturridge right before the last England game and then guess what, he got injured and I wasted a signing!! I am slowly learning the ropes of this though, it is my first time doing it and I can proudly say I AM DOING IT ALL ON MY OWN. Aherrrrrmmmm other Sky Poker People ;)
    Posted by Laura_C
    Good point Laura, I'll have a word with Rich "Alan Pardew" Orford.

Disgraceful scenes.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: ****Live Show Thread - Tuesday 7th October**** : Good point Laura, I'll have a word with Rich "Alan Pardew" Orford. Disgraceful scenes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm not saying ANYTHING.... Mr 3rd Place!
  • edited October 2014
    Did you know that this forfit has been going since day 3 of UKOPS 9 on the 29/12/13!

That was also James Hartigone's last show on channel 861 and the show topic was who you think will have a breakout year.  Not wishing to sound like nostradamus but.......... 

• edited October 2014
    Looking forward to the show tonight all! It should be a good one with two great guests.

Also, you do NOT WANT TO MISS LAURA'S FANCY DRESS, whatever it is. But trust me, it's bound to be worth at least four gentle giggles. 

See you at 7pm! 
  • edited October 2014
    Did you know that this forfit has been going since day 3 of UKOPS 9 on the 29/12/13! That was also James Hartigone's last show on channel 861 and the show topic was who you think will have a breakout year.  Not wishing to sound like nostradamus but..........  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a7e6b1878-3df7-4ee1-bb49-c083cde5eef4&plckCurrentPage=1
    Posted by cenachav
    I think everyone has plotted against me, so I HAD to do a show with Ross. I had done so well avoiding him until now. Ah well, I'm sure I've looked more ridiculous in the past and will look more ridiculous in time to come. Its just in my nature... This one's for you Hartigan ;)
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please if there is one
  • edited October 2014

last longer please

• edited October 2014
    last longer please  
    Posted by aussie09
    last longer plz
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please!

Also I met tommy at the last ukpc 6max in nottingham he was at my table main event for most of day 1. I was the scottish guy to his left, he owned my soul in nearly every pot but was nice guy and pleasure be at same table.

have a good show guys
  • edited October 2014
    Hi Laura.
    Is it just me or does Pluto look the spitting image of Rich Orford?

errrrr btw....where is our "Last Longer" Competition Tonight? I mean, I can put up with Orford going AWAL...but no "Last Longer"? :) Does Orford have a sick note btw?

Sky Poker Lifetime Achievement Award
    Tikay

Biggest Sky Poker LuckBox
    TommyD

Best Sky Poker Forum Contributor
    Team Poker TITANS
    (21,527 posts and counting)

Sky Poker Performance of the Year
    Richard Orford - £2.20 Deepstack

Question for Liam Batey......
    Have you been able to transfer any of your BMX Skills to your poker game?

Question for Tommy Bingham.......
    You must be very pleased finishing 10th in the UKPC for 7K, but, do you remember a hand in particular which you could or should have played differently to better your position? 

Have a great show Laura & also say hi to MrStarch (If you can get a word in :)

• edited October 2014

evening all great show

Sky Poker Lifetime Achievement Award simple really TK himself, with TK their wouldn't even be a sky poker, he's got everything in him-boring, exciting, bossy "don't limp" very positive even PLo8

Biggest Sky Poker LuckBox mattbates it must be great having the ability to get people so afraid of calling worried you have hit, MTTs have so much varience it's amazing how he wins so many

Best Sky Poker Forum Contributor hh....., my new name for him is brags beats and varience forum officer, he must have made more responses than anyone else to so calling rigging posts

Sky Poker Performance of the Year scotty77, i call him jackpot saviour, nobody seemed to be getting in now we getting them most weeks.

• edited October 2014
    last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    last longer if their is one
  • edited October 2014
    Nearly show time! 

Make sure to send your questions in for the great guests we have tonight, it really does help the show. 

Cheers!
  • edited October 2014

To all the LL posters.....

DO YOU ACTUALLY READ THE OP OR NOT?....lol
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please if its going

have a great show
  • edited October 2014
    Have a great show last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    Last longer please, if it's on

Thanks, Dirk
  • edited October 2014
    Question for Liam.  What is more exhilarating, going down a BMX track at full pelt or shoving all in on the river with absolute air?

• edited October 2014
    Last longer please