You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Looks a decent flop, euurgh!

OK, I have been away from poker for a while. No notes on these two and Bill had only joined a few hands previously, seemed to want to see a lot of flops. I played heads up with Ben for a few minutes when starting this table up and he seemed to be competent without doing anything spectacular. Played a bit ABC, solid and very reggy but (as usual at NL8) couldn't help seeing more flops than he really should. My gut feeling was that he was half decent at this level, his raise sizes were ok and his betsizing was pretty good post flop.

Suppose I am asking what to do on the flop.

Hand History #825220161
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Da86real Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.54
BillBig blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.06
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

BenCall  £0.08 £0.20 £9.96
myhoneyz09 Fold     
Dragon88 Fold     
DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £7.68
Da86real Fold     
BillCall  £0.24 £0.76 £4.82
BenCall  £0.24 £1.00 £9.72
Flop

• Q

BillAll-in  £4.82 £5.82 £0.00
BenCall  £4.82 £10.64 £4.90
DrSharp ??? 

Comments

• edited October 2014
    best just fold,

You might be ahead of KQ ben may have a flush draw or flush straight maybe AQ but the other guy is holding Q10, Q4s, 104s, 44 or 1010 most days and likely does the jam hoping to be called by people with Qx which are over valued by many.
  • edited October 2014
    For me this is a fold.

I have been playing more cash lately and have called in a couple of spots just like this.  Usually I find that the villian turns up with at least two pair.  Best case is a flush draw but if they have been playing ABC I would say you are beat.
  • edited October 2014

Yeah, I think Ben calling the shove means we have to fold here.

Your notes give him credit for being fairly competent so I'd be thinking his range was low pairs and weak suited aces, he'd raise better and fold worse - meaning I'd be narrowing him down to 4s or Ax of hearts when he calls the bet.

The open shove could be anything - I'd still be leaning to a call if Ben had folded and at worst have to dodge a lot of outs vs something as strong as KJhh - but that's probably just me being a fish!