You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge

edited October 2014 in Betting Chat
for a bit of fun father we pick 4 horses tmoz each ,1 pound stake on each and the one who comes out the winner takes the plaudits the loser donates 10 pound to any charity of choice,seems a goodway to have a bit of banter for a good cause.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge:
    for a bit of fun father we pick 4 horses tmoz each ,1 pound stake on each and the one who comes out the winner takes the plaudits the loser donates 10 pound to any charity of choice,seems a goodway to have a bit of banter for a good cause.
    Posted by andybuck
    £10 , £10 that's a fortune to a poor old pensioner like me LOL

You can give it a go but as you will see I am already £60 odd quid up !!!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge:
    In Response to father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge : £10 , £10 that's a fortune to a poor old pensioner like me LOL You can give it a go but as you will see I am already £60 odd quid up !!!
    Posted by vaigret
    no just tmoz what you've picked and mine im going to perm them in doubles and trebles and a ew acca,win or lose I will donate any way,bit a fun had a good day today re my sport and ive had a few beers celebrating,,hope theres betting on the flat indoor challenge on sky coming up soon I will retire.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge : no just tmoz what you've picked and mine im going to perm them in doubles and trebles and a ew acca,win or lose I will donate any way,bit a fun had a good day today re my sport and ive had a few beers celebrating,,hope theres betting on the flat indoor challenge on sky coming up soon I will retire.
    Posted by andybuck
    here goes
    150 York lily rules...350 new quick jack...520 York noble allen..445 York deepsand,,good luck father
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks mate and why don't you join our Scoop 6 club. Great fun for a small outlay
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks mate and why don't you join our Scoop 6 club. Great fun for a small outlay
    Posted by vaigret
    to be honest father ihave my daughter Saturdays and normally don't get to see much racing and have much time .I will tell you what I can do if you wish I get free info from a pro tipping service called the inside rail they are pretty good I will copy and paste on Saturdays for you lads,if I get the emails soon enough its a mate of mine.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: father vaigret how about a 4 candles challenge : to be honest father ihave my daughter Saturdays and normally don't get to see much racing and have much time .I will tell you what I can do if you wish I get free info from a pro tipping service called the inside rail they are pretty good I will copy and paste on Saturdays for you lads,if I get the emails soon enough its a mate of mine.
    Posted by andybuck
    Today's Selections:

3.10 - Newmarket - Nabatean. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. 
    There is some real quality in this 24 runner handicap for three year olds and some of them are likely to go on and improve beyond this company. It sets a conundrum every bit as difficult as the following Cesarewitch. Many have very valid claims but the one that appeals most is the lightly raced Nabatean. He has been ewaiting for ease in the ground and, although the ground is not as soft as he would like, his chances are to be respected if connections allow him to take his chance. The predicted morning showers would be welcome and his participation may well hinge on their arrival. Although he has been off the track for three months he has been ready to run on two occasions prior to withdrawing due to ground conditions and he did go well on his seasonal reappearance. He was beaten just over four lengths by Battersea when last seen but he was set a lot to do and it came on fast ground. Easier ground and a more positive ride would be reasons enough to believe he could close the gap on that rival here but a 14 pound pull in the weights seals the deal. The yard are in very good form and it's not uncommon for them to have decent priced winners at this track.  

3.30 - York - Mass Rally. 1 pt e/w. Available at 9/1.
    The Coral Sprint Trophy and another wide open handicap. With conditions in her favour, Aetna has proved popular in the Ante-Post markets but she is  now plenty short enough in a race of this nature. There are too many viable options to name but top of that list is last year's winner Mass Rally. His recent form figures don't do him justice and his last two efforts can be readily excused. The hood was removed very late on his penultimate start and he had little chance from his draw and the way the race panned out in the Ayr Gold Cup. He will always be a hostage to fortune given his running style but he travels well into a race and, if he gets the breaks when he wants them, he is unlikely to be far away. His Trainer is quoted by the RP as stating that he likes to be ridden handy but that must be an error because he never is. He won this race from a pound higher last season so he is not weighted out of this and he ran very well in a Group Two over this C/D on soft ground back in May. He followed with an effort over half a furlong shorter here which was much better than his final finishing position suggests. From a three pound higher mark he was only beaten two and half lengths after meeting trouble in the latter stages. His turf wins have all come on good ground or slower so conditions here are ideal and he is reunited with his regular jockey. He is not one for a faint heart but not many will be finishing better granted good luck.  

3.50 - Newmarket:
    Suegioo. 1 pt e/w. Available at 20/1.
    Teak. 1 pt e/w. Available at 25/1.
    Groovejet. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.
    The Cesarewitch, a cavalry charge over 18 furlongs across two counties. Despite the distance the draw does have a pronounced effect on the outcome. It's not impossible to win from a high draw but there is no doubt that it's disadvantageous. Quick Jack heads the market but he is opposable at his current price in a race as competitive as this. Suegio doesn't have the best of draws in stall 23 and he looks to be on a lofty mark but he has produced the best four runs of his career on his last four starts and this test may see him produce even better still. He won on his only outing beyond two miles and he wasn't stopping at the end of the Northumberland Plate back in June. He is versatile regarding ground conditions and his final finishing position may well rely a lot on how much luck he gets through the race. It will be a similar story with Teak who comes from an even wider in stall 27. The fact he is an exposed seven year old as well will have most automatically crossing his name off. However, for whatever reason he is a different horse this season and his last three starts have seen him win easily over hurdles on two occasions and in between those victories he easily won a 17 furlongs Bath handicap from a horse who subsequently won a trial for this race. He has not had an orthodox preparation for this but his Trainer has been clever. The four pound penalty he picked up for winning at Bath enabled him to get into this race and he avoided another penalty by running him over hurdles. His penultimate start on the flat saw him win the Goodwood stakes over 21 furlongs and, although he is now 10 pounds higher in the handicap, he is a thorough stayer and that counts for a lot in this race. He is due to go up two pounds in future handicaps so he has a case for actually being well weighted. Of those drawn better a chance is taken on Groovejet. She is trying to do something that hasn't been achieved before because no three year old Filly has ever won this race. She is due to go up five pounds in future handicaps so she is well weighted and has been locking horns with some very good horses in Group Company. She has improved as she has stepped up in trip and her last two performances over 14 furlongs suggest a test such as this could be right up her street. She was ridden on both occasions by Franny Norton and he retains the ride today. She seems to handle any ground and the only concern is whether she will be street-wise enough in a very tough, and sometimes rough, race.

4.45 - York - Deepsand. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

5.20 - York - Mystery Bet. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Regards
    The Inside Rail
  • edited October 2014
    Today's Selections:

3.10 - Newmarket - Nabatean. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. 
    There is some real quality in this 24 runner handicap for three year olds and some of them are likely to go on and improve beyond this company. It sets a conundrum every bit as difficult as the following Cesarewitch. Many have very valid claims but the one that appeals most is the lightly raced Nabatean. He has been ewaiting for ease in the ground and, although the ground is not as soft as he would like, his chances are to be respected if connections allow him to take his chance. The predicted morning showers would be welcome and his participation may well hinge on their arrival. Although he has been off the track for three months he has been ready to run on two occasions prior to withdrawing due to ground conditions and he did go well on his seasonal reappearance. He was beaten just over four lengths by Battersea when last seen but he was set a lot to do and it came on fast ground. Easier ground and a more positive ride would be reasons enough to believe he could close the gap on that rival here but a 14 pound pull in the weights seals the deal. The yard are in very good form and it's not uncommon for them to have decent priced winners at this track.  

3.30 - York - Mass Rally. 1 pt e/w. Available at 9/1.
    The Coral Sprint Trophy and another wide open handicap. With conditions in her favour, Aetna has proved popular in the Ante-Post markets but she is  now plenty short enough in a race of this nature. There are too many viable options to name but top of that list is last year's winner Mass Rally. His recent form figures don't do him justice and his last two efforts can be readily excused. The hood was removed very late on his penultimate start and he had little chance from his draw and the way the race panned out in the Ayr Gold Cup. He will always be a hostage to fortune given his running style but he travels well into a race and, if he gets the breaks when he wants them, he is unlikely to be far away. His Trainer is quoted by the RP as stating that he likes to be ridden handy but that must be an error because he never is. He won this race from a pound higher last season so he is not weighted out of this and he ran very well in a Group Two over this C/D on soft ground back in May. He followed with an effort over half a furlong shorter here which was much better than his final finishing position suggests. From a three pound higher mark he was only beaten two and half lengths after meeting trouble in the latter stages. His turf wins have all come on good ground or slower so conditions here are ideal and he is reunited with his regular jockey. He is not one for a faint heart but not many will be finishing better granted good luck.  

3.50 - Newmarket:
    Suegioo. 1 pt e/w. Available at 20/1.
    Teak. 1 pt e/w. Available at 25/1.
    Groovejet. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.
    The Cesarewitch, a cavalry charge over 18 furlongs across two counties. Despite the distance the draw does have a pronounced effect on the outcome. It's not impossible to win from a high draw but there is no doubt that it's disadvantageous. Quick Jack heads the market but he is opposable at his current price in a race as competitive as this. Suegio doesn't have the best of draws in stall 23 and he looks to be on a lofty mark but he has produced the best four runs of his career on his last four starts and this test may see him produce even better still. He won on his only outing beyond two miles and he wasn't stopping at the end of the Northumberland Plate back in June. He is versatile regarding ground conditions and his final finishing position may well rely a lot on how much luck he gets through the race. It will be a similar story with Teak who comes from an even wider in stall 27. The fact he is an exposed seven year old as well will have most automatically crossing his name off. However, for whatever reason he is a different horse this season and his last three starts have seen him win easily over hurdles on two occasions and in between those victories he easily won a 17 furlongs Bath handicap from a horse who subsequently won a trial for this race. He has not had an orthodox preparation for this but his Trainer has been clever. The four pound penalty he picked up for winning at Bath enabled him to get into this race and he avoided another penalty by running him over hurdles. His penultimate start on the flat saw him win the Goodwood stakes over 21 furlongs and, although he is now 10 pounds higher in the handicap, he is a thorough stayer and that counts for a lot in this race. He is due to go up two pounds in future handicaps so he has a case for actually being well weighted. Of those drawn better a chance is taken on Groovejet. She is trying to do something that hasn't been achieved before because no three year old Filly has ever won this race. She is due to go up five pounds in future handicaps so she is well weighted and has been locking horns with some very good horses in Group Company. She has improved as she has stepped up in trip and her last two performances over 14 furlongs suggest a test such as this could be right up her street. She was ridden on both occasions by Franny Norton and he retains the ride today. She seems to handle any ground and the only concern is whether she will be street-wise enough in a very tough, and sometimes rough, race.

4.45 - York - Deepsand. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

5.20 - York - Mystery Bet. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Regards
    The Inside Rail
  • edited October 2014
    PRO PUNT

Today's selection:

AKEED CHAMPION (YORK 4.10) - 4 POINT WIN - 5/4 AVAILABLE

Regards
    The Inside Rail
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by vaigret

You don't have to do much on a Saturday with our club unless it is your week to pick the horses which is agreed in advance with you. Other than that it is saying how many shares you want and paying for them monthly. I do the rest.

We have had a few place dividends , have got the first five winners twice and come very close on other occasions. We are our performing syndicates who put thousands in each week..

Come on have a go!!!
  • edited October 2014
    one down to you Lily rules dead last 
  • edited October 2014
    one up and one down for me

ALBAARSARAH 5-1 , MONEY FOR OLD ROPE lol
  • edited October 2014
    one up and one down for me ALBAARSARAH 5-1 , MONEY FOR OLD ROPE lol
    Posted by vaigret
    don't count me out yet father,its a marathon not a sprint,lol
  • edited October 2014
    I haven't mate two late York horses to come.

Mine against them will be Cape Tribulation and Giantsteps ahead
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    10 pound will go to cancer research no probs father good bit of banter ive had a good day so will donate with pleasure.
  • edited October 2014
    Well done mate as you say good craic