You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Next Move....??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kimmo12 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £13.99
XXX Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £31.06
  Your hole cards
  • J

penfold453 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.00 £1.45 £24.65
bolder123 Call  £1.00 £2.45 £15.39
kimmo12 Fold     
xxx Raise  £1.40 £3.85 £29.66
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.70 £4.55 £23.95
bolder123 Call  £0.70 £5.25 £14.69
Flop

• J
  • A

XXX Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £3.00 £8.25 £20.95
bolder123 All-in  £14.69 £22.94 £0.00
XXXRaise  £26.38 £49.32 £3.28
Not much info on these guys, Ive got notes on XXX from 1 previous game, it wouldn't be fair to type exactly what they say, they dnt allow swearing on here anyway, but I've got a feeling he doesnt even know the rules! - I don't know what the technical term is for that.... The other fella, no information on, not been here long, and don't normally play these limits. Just wondering what u guys would do in this spot, I havent posted the result but will do later. Cheerz. DOHH

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I think this one is a fold. Bottom two pair on a draw heavy board like this could be ahead at the moment but the action around us does make us feel like we're up against either some huge draws (top pair and a flush draw, for instance) or a better made hand. Do we really think they could be doing this with AxQx and a bare flush draw? Even against those two hands we're not exactly in awesome shape:

equity win tie       pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 37.763%   37.54% 00.22%           339        2.00   { JsTs }
    Hand 1: 15.559%   10.52% 05.04%            95       45.50   { AsQd }
    Hand 2: 46.678%   41.64% 05.04%           376       45.50   { Qc8c }

...and those hands are a REAL stretch to imagine.

What I feel is more likely is that xxx has at least two pair here and more likely a straight or set. KQ would have been a grim 3b pre, but it's also the kind of hand that might be taken by a relatively inexperienced player and thought to be good squeezing material. AJ and AT are also candidates for the same mindset. Of course, he could have AA/KK/QQ/AK/AQ where we're buried vs. AA and ahead of the rest - but even against that range we're only 61/39, so we're not exactly got them dead.

In a practical game situation where I feel I can outplay this player, I fold and hope to find a clearer spot to stack them. It's nice flopping two pair, but sometimes that board texture and the pure aggression around you means you might make a bad fold. I can live with that if I have the right table set-up, so pass and look to milk this guy in the future.
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    gotta fold your only hope is AK and AQ, but why do i think you will show me one has a rag ace and the other a flush draw. playin lower myself at the mo and its shocking some of the things that happen.
  • edited January 2010

haha not quite freechips, I did fold - and to my amazement I was winning, the fella on the button showed ace queen - and the bloke who had min re raised pre flop out of position,....yessssss MIN 3 BET, OOP - showed the massive 89 off, for an open ended straight draw.

Folded, pretty easy decision I thought when looking at it logically, but alot of the times logic duznt work with these guys, n when the cards were turned I cudnt believe it. Anyway the river came a queen, which made a better 2 pair and of course the donk pre flop rivered the straight to take the pot.

• edited January 2010
    I clicked fold.

Looking at you post about their hands let's put it in context.  They have played it awful, but you're still only a little under 50% to win with the cards to come.  So in the absolute best case scenario it's still not a great spot for you.  Normally you would be behind or up against a couple of huge draws in this spot so I think it's a good fold.