You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what a gent. x

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
just want to say a massive thankyou to ckd. he is a pure gent. played  a heads up game this morning and was 5 mins late so i had lost about 300 chips. ckd told me 2 reraise him to get my chips back as he said that was the fairest way. i had a hand went 200 he raised i called . i never hit he just folded  so i was dead on 1500 chips each. in 2 years no1 has ever done that b4. so ty ckd u r a gent . anjie xx

Comments

• edited January 2010
    bet you went on to whoop his but as well didnt ya??? lol but very nice thing for him to do
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: what a gent. x:
    bet you went on to whoop his but as well didnt ya??? lol but very nice thing for him to do
    Posted by 35suited
    er er er yeh lol.
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010

Top man him - proper bloke. To some of us, it's not just about money, & win at all costs. We enjoy our poker.

Mind you, if I were playing Anjie, I'd be so scared I'd do the same.

Is that right, Dear?
  • edited January 2010
    Quality... now thats what its all about! Love it when ppl have connection probs and the table agrees to time out for a few hands.... whereas ive just finished playing a heads up with a "Ive won 7k since being on here you donk" player.... brought a smile to my face beating him tho ;)

N1 ckd, good to know theres some decent players about :)
  • edited January 2010
    Quality... now thats what its all about! Love it when ppl have connection probs and the table agrees to time out for a few hands.... whereas ive just finished playing a heads up with a "Ive won 7k since being on here you donk" player.... brought a smile to my face beating him tho ;) N1 ckd, good to know theres some decent players about :)
    Posted by Burrfoot
    One of my favourite things in Poker.
  • edited January 2010
    This is LOVELY thread.

More Lovely threads please :)
  • edited January 2010
    anjie you was on my table on the league stars freeroll... jeeez i hope your not on my table again :( lol your a class player and was rolling over the table!
  • edited January 2010
    Top man him - proper bloke. To some of us, it's not just about money, & win at all costs. We enjoy our poker. Mind you, if I were playing Anjie, I'd be so scared I'd do the same. Is that right, Dear?
    Posted by Tikay10
    tk i know you would give my chips back cos your a proper gent aswell.  but tk you no that if you didnt give me them id take them anyway. haha lol. is that ok my dear. xx
  • edited January 2010
    anjie you was on my table on the league stars freeroll... jeeez i hope your not on my table again :( lol your a class player and was rolling over the table!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    cheers 4 that blackfish. i went out in 43rd. did you cash?.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: what a gent. x : tk i know you would give my chips back cos your a proper gent aswell.  but tk you no that if you didnt give me them id take them anyway. haha lol. is that ok my dear. xx
    Posted by anjie1970
    Yes, Dear. Whatever you say, Dear.

xx
  • edited January 2010
    How guilty do i feel now??!!
    Whenever someone is late at my table, i raise in sb til they come back.
    There again, its been done to me. Congrats for being a gent ckb
  • edited January 2010
    How guilty do i feel now??!! Whenever someone is late at my table, i raise in sb til they come back. There again, its been done to me. Congrats for being a gent ckb
    Posted by major1962
    You should not feel guilty Major, it's your absolute right to play that way if you wish.

It's not for me, & I prefer not to seek unfair "edges", & it's not really about money for me - I play poker for enjoyment's sake, as a recreation. And I was bought up to prefer to "win well" rather than win. 

But I have no ill-will towards those who exploit the situation. We all play the game for different reasons.

But I do like to see the chivalrous approach.
  • edited January 2010
    How guilty do i feel now??!! Whenever someone is late at my table, i raise in sb til they come back. There again, its been done to me. Congrats for being a gent ckb
    Posted by major1962
    Two wrongs don't make a right - however im one to talk lol ckb is a truer gent than me, id have kept the 300, and probably still lost, and as you say its happened against me as well !! well done ckb
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: what a gent. x : cheers 4 that blackfish. i went out in 43rd. did you cash?.
    Posted by anjie1970
    nah you took bwt 700 chips from me... could you take a look at the hand please in poker strategy section with title 'please could i have some help with this hand' or something along them lines... then lost AK to AQ pre so failed miserably in my 1st league freeroll lol :(... ul on just missing out on the cash.
  • edited January 2010
    It does ask a serious question tho...... if someone is disconnected... how long would you be prepared to wait for them?

In an STT i reckon two orbits would suffice... in heads up i would just raise what i would normally raise
  • edited January 2010
    It does ask a serious question tho...... if someone is disconnected... how long would you be prepared to wait for them? In an STT i reckon two orbits would suffice... in heads up i would just raise what i would normally raise
    Posted by Burrfoot
    It's up to the individual. They are perfectly entitled to play on if they so wish.

Each to their own.

My motto in life is do as thy will be done, & if I am disconnected, I appreciate it if the other player waits a while, but understand if they don't.

It's generally best to see how you'd feel if the boot were on the other foot.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    and I thought it was only methat had that dream.....
  • edited January 2010
    Top man i was ina hand the other day and i flopped the nut flush, i was being bet into i made a reraise on the river and i got d/c. The other player must have re raised me and it muck when i didnt reconnect in time. I know i had the best hand and i thought this was really bad ettiqutte.
  • edited January 2010
    Just played a DYM with the very man,  Absolute gent all the way through, even when he missed cashing in.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

hi i just got told there was somthing in the forem about me

not a prob anjie 

at the end of the day its a game i paid to play not to sit there clicking the raise button, and i got to say it was   a very good 4 hands we played lol

gl to you at the tables and hope to play you again 

tc 

ckd
  • edited January 2010
     hi i just got told there was somthing in the forem about me  not a prob anjie   at the end of the day its a game i paid to play not to sit there clicking the raise button, and i got to say it was   a very good 4 hands we played lol  gl to you at the tables and hope to play you again     tc     ckd
    Posted by ckd
    You da man!
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

lol ty tikay

do you want a heads up game
     ill go easy on you lol
  • edited January 2010
    thanks ckd . gl 2 u2 . your defo not as scary as your picture looks . well i hope your not lol. anj x
  • edited January 2010
    Just played a DYM with the very man,  Absolute gent all the way through, even when he missed cashing in.
    Posted by JockBMW
    I was also on this DYM table and totally agree with Jock.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2010

wow if i keep gettin coments like this i might have to run for mayer lol

ty all gl