You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUSNG

edited October 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Just realised this is in the wrong section, not sure how to change it into the sit and go strategy section.

Does anyone know any good articles (or have any good advice) on big stack play in husng's, specifically hypers or turbo's. Feel totally confident and in control when its level pegging in chips, but all too often I find myself in a great position of totally dominating the chips - and then lose. As soon as the opponent is short stacked, my confidence goes, and I tighten up - resulting in their shoves getting past all too easy. The problem I find is how can I call with 57 off? Do I fold until a decent hand comes, and then still in a race, or call with junk. I play good amount, and thought I would have mastered this by now, but need to rethink my strategy. Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    57o is rarely a call except in very short stacked situations. 

Its a NASH call at 3.6bb eff, and under 5bb id follow NASH.

above that ranges will differ player to player and more generally regs will push different ranges to recs.

As stacks get shorter, call wider not tighter.

Look up NASH and investigate how the ranges are constructed it gives a decent idea of what can be called 9bb and under - just be aware we can do WAY better than nash above 6bb and as stacks get deeper.heres the tables for reference.

Do not wait for a decent hand, play with icmizer you get 3 free calcs a day. Youll be more confident if you know how ranges are built.

If stacks are 8bb we have to call 7bb to win 16bb so need 7/16 = 43.7% equity to call

See how marginal hands like J9 fare against various push ranges in pokerstove or propoker tools to see where the margins are v the average villiain you face.