You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Show - BOOSTER Night, Champions & Channing.

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

Great show in prospect tonight, with the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter BOOSTED from £10,000 to £15,000, see HERE as well as a studio full of great guests, as we do a Betting Preview on the Future Champions Day at Newmarket tomorrow, & the Champions Day @ Ascot on Saturday. Along with Arc day, this is as good as it gets for horse racing.

In the studio will be.....

Boycey (AtTheRaces)

Dave Ord (SportingLife.com)

Michael Shinners (SkyBet)

Neil Channing (BettingEmporium.com)

They will be analysing the main races from Newmarket on Friday, & Ascot on Saturday.

Each of them - & me! - have been asked to find TWO nice tips for you, & Sky Bet will try & produce a special market for the tips. All you have to do is decide which ones are best. Apart from my two, obviously, which will be easily the best 2 tips you'll get for free anywhere. They will. Probably.

The Betting Preview will be from 8-10pm, & for the rest of the Show.....

7pm - 8pm - MASTERCASH

10pm - 11pm - TOP OF THE POTS

11pm - Midnight - Late stages of the Prize Boosted Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. 

A competititon? Oh yes, details follow......

Don't forget, we want questions for our Guests, via this thread, Twitter ( @SkyPoker ) or e-Mail skyopen@bskyb.com

Later.

Comments

• edited October 2014

Tonight's competition is all around the Sky Poker App

If you play on the App, tell us where you have played on it, & what else you were doing at the same time. Photos or selfies with you using the App would really help, too.

Prizes?

Yup, THREE  entries to next Tuesday's Turbo Tuesday are up for grabs.
  • edited October 2014
    Bit confused about taking a selfie using the App.

Assuming you are playing on Iphone and you want to take a picture with the phone of yourself playing on the phone!
    Does that make sense?
    How is that possible?
  • edited October 2014
    It would be nice to get Mr Channing on where can get his expertise on Poker for the full night!

• edited October 2014
    I often switch to the ipad when i go to the loo.
    Needless to say, I will not be taking a picture of that.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Show - BOOSTER Night, Champions & Channing.:
    I often switch to the ipad when i go to the loo. Needless to say, I will not be taking a picture of that.
    Posted by poppy765

No 1 or No 2 ?

I-Pad that is !! :-)
  • edited October 2014
    Good luck getting a word in!
  • edited October 2014
    Good luck getting a word in!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    pmsl!!

GL TK & Guests!!
  • edited October 2014
    Evening all.  Have a great show.  Question for the experts and Tikay.  Will the going be more influential then current form when choosing horses to bet on?

Good luck all 
  • edited October 2014
    Evening all

Interested on what the experts opinion is on the chances of a horse called agnes stewart tomorrow in the fillies mile? and why they would or wouldn't be backing it
  • edited October 2014
    LOVING the show guys!  I'm astounded tho that Neil got as far as 'A' level!!   I just thought he went from primary school straight to professional gambler!!    
    p.s.  Agree Noble Mission is def worth a punt.

Pad

edit: is TK a cardboard cut out?  ;-))
  • edited October 2014
    2:55 Cappela Sanservero
    Done well in the mud in Ireland recently IIRC
  • edited October 2014
    Question for Mr Channing.  What is more important when you are deciding what to bet, what you think your oppo has or what you think your oppo thinks you have?

Looking forward to the 6max coverage.  I can mute the TV when Orford is on :)
  • edited October 2014
    What is Neils DREAM job?  
    What is Boyceys DREAM job?

DON'T ask TK....we've only got 60 mins!

P.s. Kudos on Boyceys pronunciation of my name!!
    Padraig
  • edited October 2014
    The best social media user just means that Neil reweets the entire twitter universe daily :)
  • edited October 2014
    HiBoycie,Tikay and Neil,another great show.Having a bit of a bankroll malfunction at the moment so not playing much.Your chat about Ryans Daughter and Saving Private Ryan reminded me of the story about your own Mr Spittles.I heard he slipped at the bar at a recent live event and injured himself in the(how shall we say,nether regions).He was taken to hospital and after treatment thankfully all was ok.They made a short film about his ordeal called"SAVING RYANS PRIVATES.

Best regards
    Dave Black
  • edited October 2014

Missed the show last night. If anyone can post up here the tips that were given out, it would be must appreciated.
  • edited October 2014
    Missed the show last night. If anyone can post up here the tips that were given out, it would be must appreciated.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

Well, as you can imagine, there was a ton of waffle, but we were all asked to make some predictions, & then SkyBet.com offered them as "Specials", here.

https://www.skybet.com/horse-racing/specials/flat-specials#special-sky-poker-channel-specials

I can't speak for the tips by the others, but if you want the thinking & logic behind my two selections, just say, & I'll post them here.
  • edited October 2014
    Cheers Tikay

Fire away please.....and after I have stopped laughing, I will read your logic.

;)
  • edited October 2014

Lol, mock away.

Pulcinella, Newmarket, today.

They're on the stands'-side half of the course at Newmarket and the stalls are up the stands' side.

The ground is soft, which is unusual for the track, and there could well be a bias to exploit in the first race. It has been known for horses to tack over to the near side in races on the round course when it's soft and that's always the quicker strip.

Also, Michael Prosser usually saves a strip of ground for bigger meetings, so it won't be chewed up either.

All of that means we want something drawn in double figures in the first race, ideally a horse open to improvement.

Pulcinella didn't beat a lot last time but she was impressive and looks on a fair mark. Also she's related to a couple of soft-ground winners and Charlie Appleby does well with 2yos here (7 winners from 14 runners last year (admittedly not as good this season)).

• edited October 2014

Viztoria, Ascot, Saturday.

They've put the stalls on the stands' side at Ascot on Saturday, which looks a strange decision, as the jockeys will know it's a big advantage to race as near to the inside (far) rail as possible on heavy ground.

There's every chance they'll all tack over in the big sprint (2.20) but a split could happen too. Either way, we want to be on something drawn low.

G Force is the obvious one from stall 1 but he has a lot of speed and this will ride more like 7f in the conditions.

A lot of the others drawn 1-8 are big prices and Viztoria is the obvious one from stall 7. She loves heavy ground and stays a bit further, plus is at her best in the autumn, as shown by last weekend's Curragh win.

Fillies in form at this time of year are usually worth following.

• edited October 2014

Thank you Tikay. I will copy these tips over to the other punters in Betting Chat (in case some others didnt see the show too)
  • edited October 2014

I would also add that we do NOT try to find winners as such - we try to find VALUE.

If we find value every time, & beat the market, we MUST win long term.

So those two horses might both come plum last, too bad. But they represent VALUE. That's all that matters, nothing else.

And just in case either or both win, I'll readily confess - neither of those tips, or the logic, were mine. They were both given to me, after I asked, by a pro sports bettor who is a close personal friend of mine. He is in his mid-forties, & apart from writing stuff for the Racing Post under various aliases, he has never worked in his life. Drives a nice big new car, goes to Vegas 3 times every year to play poker. All from sports betting. He does a lot of "reality TV" stuff, too. 

One recent nice winner he gave me was Treve to win the Arc by 2 lengths or more. We backed that nine months ago!  

• edited October 2014
    Thank you Tikay. I will copy these tips over to the other punters in Betting Chat (in case some others didnt see the show too)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good luck, I hope the lads enjoy them.

Please make them aware of the "value" angle. That is crucially important, not whether they win or not.
  • edited October 2014
      And just in case either or both win, I'll readily confess - neither of those tips, or the logic, were mine. They were both given to me, after I asked, by a pro sports bettor who is a close personal friend of mine. He is in his mid-forties, & apart from writing stuff for the Racing Post under various aliases, he has never worked in his life. Drives a nice big new car, goes to Vegas 3 times every year to play poker. All from sports betting. He does a lot of "reality TV" stuff, too. 
    Posted by Tikay10

I knew you really liked Orford all along! ;)