You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horses for 17/10

edited October 2014 in Betting Chat
oh dear might be on wrong Balding horse, is Highland being used as pacemaker for Here comes When

backed 20-1 into 10's

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Hi all

this could be a good day

Some of you will have noticed I had Berkshire as my starred horse in the Ten to follow. I also backed it ante post for 2000 guines and Derby.

Unfortunately in its only race this year , The Greenham it ran badly but when they got the horse home it was ill and they did well not to lose it.

Tomorrow it returns to Newmarket over 1m 1f. Now if it is ok after illness and doesn't mind the softish ground this horse has a great chance in 

5.10 Newmarket at 14-1

its 2 year old form was exceptional.

WHAT DID I TELL YOU THIS HORSE WAS A CLASS ABOVE THESE AND EVEN THOUGH HE GOT STOPPED AS HE MADE HIS RUN HE WON VERY COSILY. HOPE YOU WERE ALL ON . ps well done wynne as well. 20-1 what a price

Others I fancy
    Volatile 2.25 10-1 Won by 16 lengths and broke Track record on only start in Sweden, brought over for this and jockey of the season Andrea Azeni booked.  3rd.

Highland Colori 16-1, will love ground and this could be his day after running a number of good runs this season.nowhere

Father V
  • edited October 2014
    Here goes ,fresh from a rest and testing out a new selection process,takes about 2/3 hours of my time.
    Could be worth it.
    Strong bets advised win only!

Downpatrick 4.30 Formal Bid 4/11(betfair) Winner

(9/1, 2nd of 8 in novice chase at Fairyhouse (16f, good) 6 days ago, outbattled. Trainer going well. Will take all the beating.)

Cheltenham 4.25 Commissioned 2/5 (Betfair) Winner

(Useful on the Flat for Mark Johnston and took well to hurdling last term despite looking quirky, not beaten far in 4-Y-O Grade 1 at Aintree. Sets a good standard with headgear left off on return.)

2.40 Court Minstrel 6/4 (Bet 365) Winner

(
    Ran right up to his best over hurdles when scoring at Aintree in April, and hard not to be impressed with Newton Abbot chase success on return last month. Open to considerable improvement.)

3.50 The Romford Pele 9/4 (Sky) Winner

(
    Hasn't taken him long to reach a smart level on second spell over fences in handicap company, having a bit to spare for latest success at Uttoxeter in June (26f). Sets a good standard.)

2.05 Blaklion 5/2 (Bet365) NR

(
    Point winner who made it 2-2 in bumpers at Haydock in April. Made successful transition to hurdles when scoring at Perth (2½m) on return last month in good style, and he's open to lots of improvement.)

Newmarket 2.55 Ivawood 5/6 (Paddy Power) 2nd

(220,000 gns Zebedee colt who built on the big impression he'd made on debut to win the July Stakes at Newmarket. Defied a penalty in great style in the Richmond at Goodwood since and the one to beat.)

4.00 Estidhkaar 10/11 (Bet 365) X

(Half-brother to yard's leading 2013 2-y-o Toormore, and every chance he can be at least as good having running away with a Group 2 (July Course) before defying a penalty in Champagne at Doncaster.  )     

3.25 Lucida 13/8 (Bet 365) X

(         
    Naas maiden winner on debut before runner-up in Group 2/Moyglare at the Curragh next 2 starts. Further improvement when ready winner of Rockfel here 3 weeks ago and will stay 1m. Leading contender.)  
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Horses for 17/10:
    Here goes ,fresh from a rest and testing out a new selection process,takes about 2/3 hours of my time. Could be worth it. Strong bets advised win only! Downpatrick 4.30 Formal Bid 4/11(betfair) (9/1, 2nd of 8 in novice chase at Fairyhouse (16f, good) 6 days ago, outbattled. Trainer going well. Will take all the beating.) Cheltenham 4.25 Commissioned 2/5 (Betfair) (Useful on the Flat for Mark Johnston and took well to hurdling last term despite looking quirky, not beaten far in 4-Y-O Grade 1 at Aintree. Sets a good standard with headgear left off on return. )                            2.40 Court Minstrel 6/4 (Bet 365) ( Ran right up to his best over hurdles when scoring at Aintree in April, and hard not to be impressed with Newton Abbot chase success on return last month. Open to considerable improvement.)                            3.50 The Romford Pele 2/1 (Sky) ( Hasn't taken him long to reach a smart level on second spell over fences in handicap company, having a bit to spare for latest success at Uttoxeter in June (26f). Sets a good standard.)                      2.05 Blaklion 5/2 (Bet365) ( Point winner who made it 2-2 in bumpers at Haydock in April. Made successful transition to hurdles when scoring at Perth (2½m) on return last month in good style, and he's open to lots of improvement.) Newmarket 2.55 Ivawood 5/6 (Paddy Power) (220,000 gns Zebedee colt who built on the big impression he'd made on debut to win the July Stakes at Newmarket. Defied a penalty in great style in the Richmond at Goodwood since and the one to beat.)                                            4.00 Estidhkaar 10/11 (Bet 365) (Half-brother to yard's leading 2013 2-y-o Toormore, and every chance he can be at least as good having running away with a Group 2 (July Course) before defying a penalty in Champagne at Doncaster.  )                            3.25 Lucida 13/8 (Bet 365) (           Naas maiden winner on debut before runner-up in Group 2/Moyglare at the Curragh next 2 starts. Further improvement when ready winner of Rockfel here 3 weeks ago and will stay 1m. Leading contender.)  
    Posted by wynne1938
    Good luck wynne

Just think they are two short prices. hope I am wrong.
  • edited October 2014
    Other horses I fancy!
    Down Patrick 2.15 Crown Theatre 17/10 ( BF) Winner
    Cheltenham 3.15 Milan Bound 21/1 (BF) X
                           5.35 Poetic Verse 6/1 (PP)
                            5.00 Charingworth 10/1 (365) 2nd
                                     Flaming Charmer 16/1  X
    Newmarket 4.35 Al Thakira 13/2 (corals) X
                                   Professor 41/1(BF) X
                                   Cape Factor 33/1(LB) X
                           2.25 Strath Burn 9/2 2nd
                                    Rosie's Premiere 16/1 X
                            5.10 Clon Brulee 10/1 (BF) X
                                     Berkshire 20/1 (LB)  Winner
  • edited October 2014
    i just have to back the game pebble knockara beau in the 3.15,small ew 20s
  • edited October 2014
    spoilt for choice today   wayne !! im going to have a little dabble on secret brief  looks intresting and such a great price  running a 1m23s which is faster then the fav in this race  hope it can go even faster today
  • edited October 2014
    A couple of tips of TIKAY (for those who may of missed them on last night's show)

Pulcinella, Newmarket, today. 

They're on the stands'-side half of the course at Newmarket and the stalls are up the stands' side.

The ground is soft, which is unusual for the track, and there could well be a bias to exploit in the first race. It has been known for horses to tack over to the near side in races on the round course when it's soft and that's always the quicker strip.

Also, Michael Prosser usually saves a strip of ground for bigger meetings, so it won't be chewed up either.

All of that means we want something drawn in double figures in the first race, ideally a horse open to improvement.

Pulcinella didn't beat a lot last time but she was impressive and looks on a fair mark. Also she's related to a couple of soft-ground winners and Charlie Appleby does well with 2yos here (7 winners from 14 runners last year (admittedly not as good this season)).

Viztoria, Ascot, Saturday. 

They've put the stalls on the stands' side at Ascot on Saturday, which looks a strange decision, as the jockeys will know it's a big advantage to race as near to the inside (far) rail as possible on heavy ground.

There's every chance they'll all tack over in the big sprint (2.20) but a split could happen too. Either way, we want to be on something drawn low.

G Force is the obvious one from stall 1 but he has a lot of speed and this will ride more like 7f in the conditions.

A lot of the others drawn 1-8 are big prices and Viztoria is the obvious one from stall 7. She loves heavy ground and stays a bit further, plus is at her best in the autumn, as shown by last weekend's Curragh win.

Fillies in form at this time of year are usually worth following.
  • edited October 2014

There are also some specials here from Sky Bet from last night's 'experts' on the show....

• edited October 2014

Please note though.....Tikay's tips are from a third party and represent a VALUE bet. Cheers.
  • edited October 2014
    And heres some bets to check out early jumps form

2.40 Cheltenham chris Pea green 9-2 2nd Court Minstrel looked good.
    3.15 Grandads horse 11-1 and destroyer Deployed 20-1 nowhere. sybarite and Henryville to take out of it
    3.50 Definite ruby out to 25-1 and ran well in 3rd
    5.00 Dreamy George nowhere

and for a laugh

3.40 Haydock Whozthecat 10-1 nowhere
    5.25 Hay silvery moon 20-1 nowhere

1.50 Newmarket Only Joking nowhere
    3.25 New Marsh Hawk  nowhere
    4.00 Kodi Bear 8-1
    2nd
  • edited October 2014
    Newmarket

13.50 - Thunder In Myheart 14/1
    14.25 - Moonraker 13/2
    14.55 - Cappela Sansevero 7/1
    15.25 - Forte 28/1
    16.00 - Estidhkaar 5/4
    16.35 - Cape Factor 33/1
    17.10 - Educate 8/1

Cheltenham

14.05 - Mister Spinsprong 11/1
    14.40 - Un Ace 4/1
    15.15 - Chill Factor 14/1
    15.50 - Highland Retreat 11/8
    16.25 - Its A Sting 12/1
    17.00 - Buck Mulligan 14/1
    17.35 - Breaking The Bank 25/1
  • edited October 2014
    oh dear might be on wrong Balding horse, is Highland being used as pacemaker for Here comes When backed 20-1 into 10's
    Posted by vaigret
    ok not pacemaker but I was right about Here comes When
  • edited October 2014
    oh dear might be on wrong Balding horse, is Highland being used as pacemaker for Here comes When backed 20-1 into 10's
    Posted by vaigret
    You were right,hope you had a saver on it!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Horses for 17/10:
    Hi all this could be a good day Some of you will have noticed I had Berkshire as my starred horse in the Ten to follow. I also backed it ante post for 2000 guines and Derby. Unfortunately in its only race this year , The Greenham it ran badly but when they got the horse home it was ill and they did well not to lose it. Tomorrow it returns to Newmarket over 1m 1f. Now if it is ok after illness and doesn't mind the softish ground this horse has a great chance in  5.10 Newmarket at 14-1 its 2 year old form was exceptional. Others I fancy Volatile 2.25 10-1 Won by 16 lengths and broke Track record on only start in Sweden, brought over for this and jockey of the season Andrea Azeni booked.  3rd. Highland Colori 16-1, will love ground and this could be his day after running a number of good runs this season.nowhere Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Boom Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2014
    well done as well mate
    yes saver on Here comes as well.
    place double with volatile helped as well.

Just really pleased this horse is back and will be in my ten to follow again next year.

He has so much more to achieve.
  • edited October 2014
    Well done with Berkshire had a couple of pounds E.W Cheers
  • edited October 2014

glad u were on matt

• edited October 2014
    Nicely done Father
  • edited October 2014
    Nicely done Father
    Posted by shuv
    Thanks mate