You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tweet tweet! Weds 4pm - £500 Freeroll

£500 Twitter Freeroll, Weds 4pm - follow @iloveskypoker

Some of you might recalled that I asked about which Twitter accounts you followed in the world of poker. Negreanu has one, Annette has one, even Doyle Brunson has one. Well, Skypoker has its own too and we'd like as many of you to come and follow us. What's in it for you? Well, apart from staying in touch with all our latest news from your mobile phone or at one of those funky laptop things, we're offering a special freeroll ONLY for our Twitter followers.

Here's the deal:

In the lobby there's a passworded tournament called Twitter Freeroll. It's due to kick off at 4pm on Wednesday and we'll be 'tweeting' the password to the £500 freeroll a few hours before the cards are in the air.

How can you get involved?

If you currently have a Twitter account all you have to do is begin following us. We're @iloveskypoker and we don't bite. We also don't do horrible things like spam you every five minutes. We'll tell you what to look forward to from the likes of Total Player, let you know if a big tournament is almost upon us or just let you know about how bad Richard Orford is at remembering where he's parked his car. 

It's fun, informative and well... we do it because we like being in touch with you guys. You can tweet back too if you like. Let us know if you've spotted Tikay playing a bit loose (Jacks, for instance), or if Lisa-Marie is on tilt because she's not had a chocolate fix in a week.

But I don't have a Twitter account!

Signing up for one is easy, and as well as following all the latest news from us you can follow the likes of Barack Obama, Stephen Fry and Lady Gaga. It caters for moreorless any taste - that's my point anyway. There's something on there for everyone and it's a handy little way of catching up with whoever it is you choose to follow. Please don't tweet your beats though. I christen those 'bad tweats'...

What the heck is Twitter??

The above should have made it all very clear, but if not head to www.twitter.com and the rest should spell itself out to you. As a wannabe old git, I can confirm that it's not just for kids too - I actually keep up to date with poker, sport and some geeky gadget stuff on there and I love it.

Right, enough ranting. Follow @iloveskypoker, play the freeroll on Wednesday at 4pm, collect the monies and win. Oh, and brag about it on Twitter too. ;)

Any questions, fire away!

Dave

Comments

• edited January 2010
    When i do a search for you it just says

We couldn't find anyone named @iloveskypoker.

Gareth

• edited January 2010
    Try searching for 'iloveskypoker' Gareth. The @ bit is if you want to send messages to us from there :) Apologies if that's confused anything.
  • edited January 2010
    Any special bonuses for those of us who were already following you?   :-)
  • edited January 2010
    Thanx Dave, sorry for the stupidity, been on twitter a while but as you can probably guess dotn use it much, tend to stick to fb.
  • edited January 2010
    @MereNovice (see what I did there?) I think the only special bonuses possible is to know you were a founding father of something great ;)

Gareth - no worries at all. I've made similar mistakes plenty of times; it does take a while to get the hang of some of these new fan dangled things!
  • edited January 2010
     Had a Twitter account for a couple of weeks now,

What amazing things can I do with it???,

Like a glorified e-snail account...or is it just me???.

• edited January 2010
    Aw - 4pm too early for me, i like lots of people on here work for a living 9 - 5 lol, i know its free and dont want to seem ungrateful, but how about the next one being after 6pm or at the weekend when most working people are in.
  • edited January 2010
     Work whats that then???.
    I`m unable to because I had to have my Pancreas removed
    along with my Spleen and Gall bladder.
        Great fun....

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tweet tweet!:
    Any special bonuses for those of us who were already following you?   :-)
    Posted by MereNovice
    I'll second that!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Aw - 4pm too early for me, i like lots of people on here work for a living 9 - 5 lol, i know its free and dont want to seem ungrateful, but how about the next one being after 6pm or at the weekend when most working people are in.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Loony,

Yeah, I appreciate the 4pm start time doesn't work for everyone but if this one proves to be a success - which I am sure it will - we'll most certainly be looking into the next one being later in the day. 

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    Just to give our Sky Poker community members a little heads-up on this, we'll be putting the password out via Twitter around 2pm today. 

Good luck to all of you!

Dave
  • edited January 2010
     Work whats that then???. I`m unable to because I had to have my Pancreas removed along with my Spleen and Gall bladder.     Great fun....
    Posted by STEVEMAX

OUCH :( Hope you feel better soon Steve...xx
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah, I hope you're feeling better Steve. Get well soon, sir.
  • edited January 2010

hi dave new to this twitter so i am proberly doing something wrong. but i cant go to iloveskypoker direct from twitter page have to get to it from the link on your post. also just noticed your inviting all twitter friends to take part ,does this mean there could be thousands in this freerole

• edited January 2010
    i need help ! some1 can help ?!
  • edited January 2010
    epwb,

The freeroll is designed for people who are following Sky Poker on Twitter. If you're having problems finding us, you can go to this website and add us from there:

Of course, if you know other people on Twitter who would like to play, ask them to come and follow us too. 

The password will be made available from 2pm onwards, so watch Twitter for the password :)

Any questions feel free to post back on here.

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
    The Twitter Freeroll is a new idea and something I have personally asked the Sky Poker suits to lend their support - and a chunk of their prize pool fund - to.  While I appreciate as many of you would like to play this as possible, it is designed to reward those who are following us on Twitter. 
    Therefore, I'd politely ask you to not post the password on the forum. I hope you understand the logic behind that - I'd love to make this a regular thing but a lot of that depends on the format being one which is taken on in the spirit it is intended. 
    Thanks for your understanding I wish you all the best of luck in the tournament! 
    Dave
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Dave,

I follow Sky Poker on Twitter and I am clicking the register for tournament icon on the registration page and nothing is happening?

Do you think it could be a computer problem on my part that I need to fix?...

Many thanks,
    Craig
    (AKA: OnlyOneCT)
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Dave, I follow Sky Poker on Twitter and I am clicking the register for tournament icon on the registration page and nothing is happening? Do you think it could be a computer problem on my part that I need to fix?... Many thanks, Craig (AKA: OnlyOneCT)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    That's bizarre Craig. Are you getting the prompt box which asks for the tournament password? That's gone out on Twitter now and should be available to you. If not, check to see if you have any pop-up blockers working?

Other than that, I am not 100% what could be causing it. I tested the password and registration process myself before launching the password and all was fine. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    Good News Dave!!!

I've registered for the tournament!!!

Have had to get out my back-up laptop and had no problems whatsoever with registering.

Probably there is an issue with pop-up blockers on my main laptop so i'll sort that problem after the tourney!

Many thanks for the offer of any help with this aswell!

Craig
  • edited January 2010
    Great to hear Craig. I'm using Google Chrome and finding it's lovely in LOTS of ways but a bit sly about which pop-ups it hides from you. Thinks it's doing you a favour, etc... 

Good luck in the tourney.
  • edited January 2010
    540 following you on twitter but 602 in tourny?? not sure how that worked out but thanks for this tourny.

Only lasted 10 mins first 9 mins I couldnt connect to table (my computer probs not skys) first hand i get to play AA but went out :(

Still I enjoyed the 30 seconds :) good luck to all who still in and hope a forum regular goes on to win it

Gareth
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tweet tweet! Weds 4pm - £500 Freeroll:
    I'm using Google Chrome and finding it's lovely in LOTS of ways
    Posted by Sky_Dave

but possibly not the best browser to use in the forum. we don't officially support Chrome so if you use this browser you may come across a few bugs . (best to stick to IE and/ or firefox)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tweet tweet! Weds 4pm - £500 Freeroll:
    In Response to Re: Tweet tweet! Weds 4pm - £500 Freeroll : but possibly not the best browser to use in the forum. we don't officially support Chrome so if you use this browser you may come across a few bugs . (best to stick to IE and/ or firefox)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Haha, that's a fair comment. Yep, as lovely as it is, it's still a relative baby in terms of browsers, so as Rich says probably best to stick with IE or Firefox.

Sky_Rich, you're on top of your game today sir. Good job! ;)

As for the 602 runners being more than our followers, some Twitter users might have seen the tweets and joined in without following us. Shame for us because we'd obviously like to have you all on Twitter listening to how Orford has forgotten where he's parked his car, etc... Such is life. Glad you enjoyed the tournament though!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all!
    I finished in 45th place. Not bad, but :

Blinds 600/1200  I had almost 27000 chips, I was in BB. SB had 60000 chips.

I had 8 6 off. SB put in 600 chips to call BB.

I check. Flop was 8 6 4 rainbow.

He checks, I raised pot ( 2400 chips). He calls.

Turn 2. Possible  clubs flush draw. He raises 7000. I'm all-in.

He calls me and shows K 4 off.

River comes and was a K.  I'm out.

• edited January 2010
    Thanks sky a great tourny i really enjoyed it and finished 27th.dav