You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

keeping concentration?

just wondered what players do to keep their minds on the game? i had a fairly typical day yesterday went onto a cash table at about 5 am and played ok and didn't really make many mistakes, won a couple of nice hands and laid a couple of big hands that were second best down in the three hours i played, came off and sorted a few things out then went back onto another table at 11, from the off i wasn't getting many playable hands, doing a lot of folding, the hands i did get, i played very badly, calling when i knew i was behind (if i'd thought about it), not pushing when i knew i was in front etc basically because my head wasn't on the game. i know theres a few who play multi tables on the cash to combat this but i think the way things are goin at the mo i couldn't afford to do that.

Comments

• edited January 2010

Im alright replying to this when its probably one of my biggest downfalls, especially in tournaments as I get sooo bored. Multi tabling wud be the answer for me but until this download comes its not gonna be an option.

Boredom and concentration issues are 2 different things I think, Im not really sure how I keep concentration, just keep reminding myself its real money I suppose - and if its not happening for ya, turn it off or try a different game.

When it wasnt going my way the other day insteda finishing, I went n played some tiny omaha STT's - 1 n 2 pound buy ins...Dish out some beats of my own haha. - Just freshens things up in the midde of a long grind.

DOHH

• edited January 2010
    Heads up and Omaha are a nice change.  Failing that just log off would be the best option until your back in the zone.  I get bored quite abit and start messing about on the inernet with the game on in the backround, more often than not its a recipe for disaster.  One of my new years resolutions now, if I feel like that I just log off.
  • edited January 2010
    short of mental training its hard to keep concentrating... its natural u switch off at times and when you do its wise to switch off skypoker till you have had some jafffa cakes and a redbull.