You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich, Stu and Jamie Burland (includes Last Longer comp)

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat

And of course, we'll still be running our weekly main event Last 

Longer

Let us know you want in...this week's prize to be announced 

shortly.

There you have it then- stick us on the TV or stream us via the 

website.

Or, if you have an iPad or iPhone, via the free Sky Poker app

And I'll leave you with the official lineup and look forward to 

seeing you Tuesday night at 7. 

7pm  The final table of Sunday night's Super Roller

8pm The live opening stages of this week's 

Turbo main event

9pm Live action from the Mastercash tables 

10pm Live action from the SNG tables 

11pm The final stages of the £5K Turbo Open.

Comments

• edited October 2014

Howdy folks,

Haven't done the show in ages (well, a fortnight), as I've been 

locked up in a broom-cupboard with Sam Grafton recording all 

the commentary for the imminent Sky Sports premiere of the 

Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC.

Epic footage by the way. You're gonna love it.

But I'm back for a live one and raring to go.

Raring, especially, to get back to the presenter iPad and finally 

log myself out of Twitter so no other female presenters who also 

work as photographers (not naming names) can hijack my account 

and change my profile picture.

I'm over it though. It's fine.

Here's your show!

Sky Poker TV LIVE this Tuesday 21st Oct from 7pm. With...

Orf!

Rutter Island!

and Judy Garland!

..I mean, Jamie Burland! (Jeez, those names are similar)

All the usual fun and frivolities will ensue, so why not play the 

main event and mini event that night and watch the show at the 

same time for the full interactive package?

Our side topic will be this...

Invent a new poker TV show!

You can take this question as seriously as you like.

Perhaps you think there's a gap in the market that hasn't been 

done before and you'd like to run your idea past us?

A poker gameshow? A poker reality show?

Who knows? If it's really good, we might even incorporate it on

the channel. 

Or perhaps you want to just come up with an amusing title 

like "Coronation 4th Street" or "Downswing Abbey" or tell us 

about a clever mash-up of The X Factor and poker.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this. And, bonus,

everyone who has a comment read out (or hand request played) 

will go in the hat, from which at the end of the night we'll draw

couple of Turbo Open seats for next week.

• edited October 2014

Morning Mr Orford.

Glad to see your thread is up to it's usual standard.......

Sky Poker TV LIVE this Tuesday 30th Sep from 7pm

Getting the staff is a real problem, right?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich and Stu:
    Howdy folks, Haven't done the show in ages (well, a fortnight) as I've been  locked up in a broom-cupboard with Sam Grafton recording all  the commentary for the  imminent Sky Sports premiere of the  Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC. Epic footage by the way. You're gonna love it. But I'm back for a live one and raring to go. Raring, especially, to get back to the presenter iPad and finally  log myself  out of Twitter so no other female presenters who also  work as  photographers (not naming names) can hijack my account  and change my  profile picture. I'm over it though. It's fine. Here's your show! Sky Poker TV LIVE this Tuesday 30th Sep from 7pm .  With...   Orf!      and Rutter Island! All the usual fun and frivolities will ensure, so why not play the  main  event and mini event that night and watch the show at the  same  time for the full interactive package? Our side topic will be this... Invent a new poker TV show!               You can take this question as seriously as you like. Perhaps you think there's a gap in the market that hasn't been  done  before and you'd like to run your idea past us? A poker gameshow? A poker reality show? Who knows? If it's really good, we might even incorporate it on the channel.  Or perhaps you want to just come up with an amusing title  like "Coronation 4th Street" or "Downswing Abbey" or tell us  about a  clever mash-up of The X Factor and poker. Looking forward to your thoughts on this. And everyone who has a comment read out (or hand request played) will go in the hat,  from which at the end of the night we'll draw a couple of Turbo  Open  seats for next week . ------------------------------------------------------------------------- And of course, we'll still be running our  weekly main event Last  Longer .  Let us know you want in... this week's prize to be announced  shortly.   There you have it then- stick us on the TV or stream us via the  website.   Or, if you have an iPad or iPhone, via the  free Sky Poker app .                             And I'll leave you with the official lineup and look forward to  seeing you Tuesday night at 7.   7pm   The final table of Sunday night's Super Roller 8pm  The live opening stages of this week's  Turbo main event 9pm  Live action from the Mastercash tables   10pm  Live action from the SNG tables  11pm  The final stages of the £5K Turbo Open.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    QFT, before you try to claim my mince pies are deceiving me.....

Love you, xxx
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please mr orford
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich and Stu:
    In Response to The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich and Stu : QFT, before you try to claim my mince pies are deceiving me..... Love you, xxx
    Posted by Tikay10
    Unreal. Once again, I publish a magnus opus full of insight, wit and profundity. And the first thing Grandpa Simpson notices is a typo on the date in the small print.

May I remind you that on Day 1 when Michelangelo started painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel he didn't have some grumpy old caretaker beneath him shouting " Oi! You've only painted a couple of hands touching, that's rubbish!"

In other words, I was still in the process of honing and refining it until it was perfect...when you piped up.

PS- Thanks for the heads-up x

• edited October 2014

"grumpy old caretaker"

Who that?

PS - I FEAR for WBA tonight. Oh yes.
  • edited October 2014

hi ric have a good show saw you on freeview ch 46 recently in "CELEBRITY POKER" you did AWESOME you played very well i thought Jonny Vegas has very funny(how not to play pmsL)

Invent a new poker TV show!

THE ALLEY CATS DO POKER

Michael
  • edited October 2014
    " grumpy old caretaker " Who that? PS - I FEAR for WBA tonight. Oh yes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think most people will be fearing for Man Utd.

I mean, can you imagine the fallout if we beat them? They'll be begging David Moyes to come back.
  • edited October 2014
        hi ric have a good show saw you on freeview ch 46 recently in " CELEBRITY POKER " you did AWESOME you played very well i thought Jonny Vegas has very funny(how not to play pmsL)          Invent a new poker TV show!     THE ALLEY CATS DO POKER     Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Hi Mike, thanks for your message.

Yes, can you believe that Celebrity Poker Club was about 12 years ago?!

I absolutely crushed my qualifying round- it did help that Jonny Vegas was, how shall we put this...., er, well there isn't another way of putting this... he was drunk.

That's how I usually win tournaments. With my opponents unable to stand up, let alone play cards.

As for the final, no comment. I may or may not have come 8th out of 8.

No-one was drunk at that table.
  • edited October 2014
    BEAT THE ANALYST.

Weather it be heads up or a 6max sng, a player from sky gets too challenge the show analyst from that night.

With the analysts feedback on each hand telling why and what he thinks his oponant is holding. There could be 3 heads up games or just a 6 max. 

Or maybe a DYM And the 3 winners earn there heads up challenge against the analyst.

See how many they get right or even win. Have people join in on the forum guessing hands aswell.

P.s if it does go ahead i earn a place in the heads up game becauae id lose the dym anyway. .. plus id be an analysts worst nightmare.
  • edited October 2014
    BEAT THE ANALYST. Weather it be heads up or a 6max sng, a player from sky gets too challenge the show analyst from that night. With the analysts feedback on each hand telling why and what he thinks his oponant is holding. There could be 3 heads up games or just a 6 max.  Or maybe a DYM And the 3 winners earn there heads up challenge against the analyst. See how many they get right or even win. Have people join in on the forum guessing hands aswell. P.s if it does go ahead i earn a place in the heads up game becauae id lose the dym anyway. .. plus id be an analysts worst nightmare.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
       me 2 m8
  • edited October 2014
    BEAT THE ANALYST. Weather it be heads up or a 6max sng, a player from sky gets too challenge the show analyst from that night. With the analysts feedback on each hand telling why and what he thinks his oponant is holding. There could be 3 heads up games or just a 6 max.  Or maybe a DYM And the 3 winners earn there heads up challenge against the analyst. See how many they get right or even win. Have people join in on the forum guessing hands aswell. P.s if it does go ahead i earn a place in the heads up game becauae id lose the dym anyway. .. plus id be an analysts worst nightmare.
    Posted by Chris_Mc

Nice work Chris.

• edited October 2014
    ****** BREAKINGNEWS! **********************

JAMIE BURLAND
    CONFIRMED AS SPECIAL GUEST THIS TUESDAY NIGHT FROM 8PM- MIDNIGHT
  • edited October 2014
    Great to see you back!
    In for the last longer please!

I would like to see the sky community represented on a TV show called

"Last One Standing"
    You start off by having a 6max DYM(several Tables)
    Then the winners from round1 go on to round 2 etc.
    Then the last 6 remaining players have a 6 Max STT fro the final Prize(1st and 2nd paid)
  • edited October 2014
    Great show so far. Can only go downhill now. like my last longer please. 

New poker show based on a new poker tournament. ps only 1/10 for humour but hopefully a few more points for imagination. 

The Bragboard Invitational Handicap Cup

the 24 available players with the top Slipwater bragboard scores play an mtt to determine ultimate bragging rights. Actually make that 20 from the bragboard and 4 wildcards from a satellite final. entry to the satellite is restricted to people who have posted at least 6 times per month on the forum in 7 of the previous 10 months. 

However the starting stack is adjusted based on their bragboard score divided by bragboard events played. The higher the score the lower the starting stack. So the best players on average start on the smallest stack. satellite entries play with a full stack. 

So we have a tournament with most of the players drawn from the best players on sky but with the handicap to provide the additional challenge. and with some forum regulars to provide the underdogs.

The show is simply analysis of the play, but with every player being Skyped into the show each hour to comment on how they are dealing with it. 

Time it all so that it concludes with some time to spare and have the winner and runner up give concluding comments.

Does Matt Bates win again or can the starting stack differential enable little TommyD (but not that little) to wrench the title from him.  That is if divsdreams or one of the others aren't able to crash their party.  
  • edited October 2014
    THE SKY NATION 6 MAX

TSN6

This tournament would consist of qualifying player from their areas around the UK map.

This could be an mtt with points going too the area with most points.

sort of a team tournament where the higher you finish the more points go towards your area. this could be 4 free roll's over the month say a Tuesday night along with the live show. miby 6pm start so later stages could be covered on the first hour or later because the super roller is normally there I suppose.  At the end of the month we will see what area has been the dominant and what player has accumulated the most points for his or her area

there could also a 6 max challenge on stt's where the highest 18 play a SnG with the highest scoring player from each location. too see he gets too fly the flag for set location.

so locations could be.

ENGLAND - NORTH SOUTH WEST EAST 
    SCOTLAND- NORTH SOUTH WEST EAST.
    WALES - NORTH SOUTH WEST EAST.
    IRELAND- NORTH SOUTH WEST EAST.
    CHANNEL ISLANDS
    GIBRALTER

You could go into more detail with locations I suppose, break them down more, just keeping it simple at 18 just now for the stt idea.

there could be a a bracelet up for grabs with TSN6 .... WITH LOCATION ON IT I SUPPOSE AND SKY COULD MIBY COME UP WITH SOME PRIZE IDEAS £££££'S OF COURSE.

• edited October 2014
    TV show:

"Keep it in the Family"

Where kids (18+ obv) play HU against their parents for their inheritance.
  • edited October 2014
    Apologies in advance if this ends up being a bit loooooonnnggg!!

The New Poker TV show "Nuts or Bluffed?"

A game of two parts

1st part round one called - LETS GET YOUR TWO IN THE HOLE !
    Firstly 4 pairs of players answer 2 general knowledge questions each. Each then get two random cards dealt to them that only they can see (and maybe the viewers at home). Then depending on how many of the questions they got right the following happens:
    2 right - they may dispose of both of their cards and randomly gt either a pocket pair, suited connectors, or two high cards.
    1 right - they may dispose of one card and recieve a random replacement
    0 right - they have to show one of their two cards.

At the end of this round we see a flop. On a big flashy electronic board i think with bells and whistles etc.

the prizepool is generated by numeric values associated with each card on the board, ie Ace Diamonds might be worth £500, while 3 of Clubs might be worth £15. after five cards are out we can see the value of the prize pool.

1st part round 2 called - ITS TIME.... TO CALL FOR A CARD !

Each team knowing their cards and seeing the flop can specify the next definitive card they want to see on the turn. Each card of the four speciied has an equal chance of being the next card. If a team specifies a card already in another players hand, this defaults to a random card left in the pack, but the players are not told this. Then to change the odds each team answers a general knowledge question, which either doubles or halves the chances of their card being selected, but in this process once again no one is told if their answer was right. Obviously if all four answers were right or wrong the odds would remain the same, but if one was right and the other three were wrong then the one with the right answer would now have 2 in 3 chance of being selected. The fourth card is dealt

1st part round 3 called - TAKE IT TO THE RIVER !

Players in this round either BET, CALL or FOLD. If they BET or CALL they get to see the river card. If they FOLD, they get to start again with a new group of players next time. However, only if more than one team choses to FOLD, after we see the RIVER card only the team with the worst hand survives to come back another day, the others are out completely.

Final Round, NUTS or BLUFFED.

The surviving players get to use their poker face / bluffing skills to see who goes forward to the final by declaring ALL IN or FOLD. For the players the object is as follows: If you can see for instance that you have the stone cold nuts, then your objective is for all your opponents to press the ALL IN button. If they do that, the player with the best hand scoops the pot. However, if during all this you decide to FOLD, AND THE WINNING PLAYER PRESSES ALL-IN, then the player who presses FOLD gets a percentage of the pot. So 4 playets make it to the end and 3 players press ALL IN and one presses FOLD so the winning ALL IN player gets 75% of the Pot and the player who pressed FOLD gets 25% but ONLY if his hand was the worst. However, ith the best hand presses ALL IN and the other 3 press fold then all four players get 25% of the pot. BUT, if three players press fold, and the ALL IN player had the worst hand he has made BLUFFED and gets double the pot. AND, if all players press ALL IN then the best hand has made NUTS and gets double the pot!

So get on and make it. Ric Orford presenting, making those catchphrases his own!

Oh, and last longer please!

Memfno

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich, Stu and Jamie Burland:
    Apologies in advance if this ends up being a bit loooooonnnggg!! The New Poker TV show "Nuts or Bluffed?" A game of two parts 1st part round one called - LETS GET YOUR TWO IN THE HOLE ! Firstly 4 pairs of players answer 2 general knowledge questions each. Each then get two random cards dealt to them that only they can see (and maybe the viewers at home). Then depending on how many of the questions they got right the following happens: 2 right - they may dispose of both of their cards and randomly gt either a pocket pair, suited connectors, or two high cards. 1 right - they may dispose of one card and recieve a random replacement 0 right - they have to show one of their two cards. At the end of this round we see a flop. On a big flashy electronic board i think with bells and whistles etc. the prizepool is generated by numeric values associated with each card on the board, ie Ace Diamonds might be worth £500, while 3 of Clubs might be worth £15. after five cards are out we can see the value of the prize pool. 1st part round 2 called - ITS TIME.... TO CALL FOR A CARD ! Each team knowing their cards and seeing the flop can specify the next definitive card they want to see on the turn. Each card of the four speciied has an equal chance of being the next card. If a team specifies a card already in another players hand, this defaults to a random card left in the pack, but the players are not told this. Then to change the odds each team answers a general knowledge question, which either doubles or halves the chances of their card being selected, but in this process once again no one is told if their answer was right. Obviously if all four answers were right or wrong the odds would remain the same, but if one was right and the other three were wrong then the one with the right answer would now have 2 in 3 chance of being selected. The fourth card is dealt 1st part round 3 called - TAKE IT TO THE RIVER ! Players in this round either BET, CALL or FOLD. If they BET or CALL they get to see the river card. If they FOLD, they get to start again with a new group of players next time. However, only if more than one team choses to FOLD, after we see the RIVER card only the team with the worst hand survives to come back another day, the others are out completely. Final Round, NUTS or BLUFFED. The surviving players get to use their poker face / bluffing skills to see who goes forward to the final by declaring ALL IN or FOLD. For the players the object is as follows: If you can see for instance that you have the stone cold nuts, then your objective is for all your opponents to press the ALL IN button. If they do that, the player with the best hand scoops the pot. However, if during all this you decide to FOLD, AND THE WINNING PLAYER PRESSES ALL-IN, then the player who presses FOLD gets a percentage of the pot. So 4 playets make it to the end and 3 players press ALL IN and one presses FOLD so the winning ALL IN player gets 75% of the Pot and the player who pressed FOLD gets 25% but ONLY if his hand was the worst. However, ith the best hand presses ALL IN and the other 3 press fold then all four players get 25% of the pot. BUT, if three players press fold, and the ALL IN player had the worst hand he has made BLUFFED and gets double the pot. AND, if all players press ALL IN then the best hand has made NUTS and gets double the pot! So get on and make it. Ric Orford presenting, making those catchphrases his own! Oh, and last longer please! Memfno
    Posted by memfno

Epic, memfno.

I will pick out the key points on the show.

• edited October 2014
    Richard, I have a good feeling for you on the Master Cash tables tonight. This is going to be your night!

FAITH!

With that said, I also had a flutter on your West Brom to win last night. I was nearly right... which is the same thing as wrong.

Have a great show.
  • edited October 2014

Poker TV Show.....coming soon to 861.

"I am a non celebrity poker player, get me some outs on the river."

For 6 weeks, 12 newbie poker players are locked in the Sam Trickett VIP room @ DTD. Hosted by Tony Kendall with his assistant, Davinna McCall, the format of the show will be as follows.....

There will be players going in to coach the participants and try to get them to a decent standard all week. At the end of every week, a SnG will be played and the 1st out will be eliminated.There will be bonus points  to survive eviction the higher you finish in the game. Another player will also go each week by being voted out by the public. A roulette wheel will also be used to throw up tasks/forfeits daily.

The last two survivors in week 6 will play a 6 seater SnG with 4 poker professionals. Already booked are Sam Trickett, Simon Aces Trumper, Devil Fish and Paul lambert (?). If either of the newbies finish in top two, they take home 1/2 million. The pros will only win a grand. 

The whole thing will be voiced over by Richard Orford (who else) doing a geordie accent.

Of course, after the initial success of this 1st series, it will run for the next ten years getting stronger and stronger. Kendall & McCall will cement their on screen chemistry and marry after the 3rd series. Orford will go on to voice over the Saturday Football results on Sky. A participant will also go on to win the WSOP.

Have a good show guys! LL please.

• edited October 2014
    HEADS UP 4 ROLLZ

Like celebrity boxing but with HU poker involved.

Televised - commentary - for charity please don't want any more bankrupt celebs selling their sob-story for OK magazine...

Could have a non-celeb pair each week too settling a "real life" dispute poker or non-poker related, although it would help if there was some poker knowledge obviously.

Poker pros could challenge each other too.

One constraint is that you would have to limit appearances to 1 per series otherwise everyone would be inventing grudges just to take on Richard Orford every week.

PS Copyright 2014 phantom66 - all rights reserved. If it happens I want a production credit and a %!

• edited October 2014
    Hi Rich & Stu,

Hope you have a good show.

My TV show is for sky and it's a once a year special night with 3 tournaments.

The 1st is open to anyone and it's a special £50k Super Roller £110 buy in.

The 2nd is the Sky Poker Mini Championship only open to winners of the mini events throughout the year

The 3rd is the Sky Poker Main Event Championship only open to winners of the main event throughout the year

These two events are invitation freerolls and the winner of each becomes a member of Team Sky Poker and Sky will also pay for an all inclusive trip to Las Vegas to play in the WSOP Main Event.

Also in for the last longer please.

Thanks

PockeyAO
    (Jonny)
  • edited October 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    Last longer plz.

Good to see Burland on the show again, always a good guest.
  • edited October 2014
    hi rich, have i been too nasty to anna on the master cash recently? good to see you back on the show. now the master cash should be safe for borin loner, it's me who needs to be careful on them as you always seem to get lucky.

last longer please
  • edited October 2014
    Last longer please! :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: The Tuesday Night Live TV Show Thread with Rich, Stu and Jamie Burland:
    Apologies in advance if this ends up being a bit loooooonnnggg!! The New Poker TV show "Nuts or Bluffed?" A game of two parts 1st part round one called - LETS GET YOUR TWO IN THE HOLE ! Firstly 4 pairs of players answer 2 general knowledge questions each. Each then get two random cards dealt to them that only they can see (and maybe the viewers at home). Then depending on how many of the questions they got right the following happens: 2 right - they may dispose of both of their cards and randomly gt either a pocket pair, suited connectors, or two high cards. 1 right - they may dispose of one card and recieve a random replacement 0 right - they have to show one of their two cards. At the end of this round we see a flop. On a big flashy electronic board i think with bells and whistles etc. the prizepool is generated by numeric values associated with each card on the board, ie Ace Diamonds might be worth £500, while 3 of Clubs might be worth £15. after five cards are out we can see the value of the prize pool. 1st part round 2 called - ITS TIME.... TO CALL FOR A CARD ! Each team knowing their cards and seeing the flop can specify the next definitive card they want to see on the turn. Each card of the four speciied has an equal chance of being the next card. If a team specifies a card already in another players hand, this defaults to a random card left in the pack, but the players are not told this. Then to change the odds each team answers a general knowledge question, which either doubles or halves the chances of their card being selected, but in this process once again no one is told if their answer was right. Obviously if all four answers were right or wrong the odds would remain the same, but if one was right and the other three were wrong then the one with the right answer would now have 2 in 3 chance of being selected. The fourth card is dealt 1st part round 3 called - TAKE IT TO THE RIVER ! Players in this round either BET, CALL or FOLD. If they BET or CALL they get to see the river card. If they FOLD, they get to start again with a new group of players next time. However, only if more than one team choses to FOLD, after we see the RIVER card only the team with the worst hand survives to come back another day, the others are out completely. Final Round, NUTS or BLUFFED. The surviving players get to use their poker face / bluffing skills to see who goes forward to the final by declaring ALL IN or FOLD. For the players the object is as follows: If you can see for instance that you have the stone cold nuts, then your objective is for all your opponents to press the ALL IN button. If they do that, the player with the best hand scoops the pot. However, if during all this you decide to FOLD, AND THE WINNING PLAYER PRESSES ALL-IN, then the player who presses FOLD gets a percentage of the pot. So 4 playets make it to the end and 3 players press ALL IN and one presses FOLD so the winning ALL IN player gets 75% of the Pot and the player who pressed FOLD gets 25% but ONLY if his hand was the worst. However, ith the best hand presses ALL IN and the other 3 press fold then all four players get 25% of the pot. BUT, if three players press fold, and the ALL IN player had the worst hand he has made BLUFFED and gets double the pot. AND, if all players press ALL IN then the best hand has made NUTS and gets double the pot! So get on and make it. Ric Orford presenting, making those catchphrases his own! Oh, and last longer please! Memfno
    Posted by memfno
    U sad sad little man get a life u w3nker
  • edited October 2014
    I'm in for the last longer please.

Here's some tv shows for ya...

Hand for hand

Two contestants battle in two minute rounds alternating between Turbo heads up and boxing.

Loose Aggressive

A Speed dating show for sexually frustrated poker players.

Under the Gun

High stakes poker (losers will be shot)

Blind Defence

A sightless maverick lawyer uses her heightened sense of smell to bring criminals to justice somehow.

I should stop...

Have a good show!