You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there an argument for folding here??

edited October 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Was in a £6 super roller direct sat with 8 people left 1 seat gtd. No reads on opponent. Felt like I am almost never good on river but can I fold given the price im given?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
duonrossSmall blind 30.0030.003910.00
MAXALLYBig blind 60.0090.007032.50
 Your hole cards

GcraneFold    
xRaise 120.00210.001905.00
cazroFold    
duonrossCall 90.00300.003820.00
MAXALLYFold    
Flop

• A
  • K

duonrossCheck    
xCheck    
Turn

duonrossBet 120.00420.003700.00
xCall 120.00540.001785.00
River

duonrossBet 300.00840.003400.00
xRaise 720.001560.001065.0

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Nope. Calling pretty quickly.

Only really behind to 10's it doesn't make much sense for QJ/KK/AA to check behind on the flop.

Villain could be over-valuing A10/K10 with this line.
  • edited October 2014
    It's hard to say wether you let JQ get there because your bet size looked a little small on the turn and encouraged villain to flick in another 120.
    So if you had bet bigger and got the same call I would then have discounted JQ in the range of calls as vilain stack is pretty light to be making thin calls for a gutshot.
    He may also have played 10's this way too, worried about overcards on flop, hence checking back.
    But as played , and with your stack, I think I call off the 420 for pot odds 4/1

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Is there an argument for folding here??:
    Nope. Calling pretty quickly. Only really behind to 10's it doesn't make much sense for QJ/KK/AA to check behind on the flop. Villain could be over-valuing A10/K10 with this line.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    QJ is possibe but that and TT are only hands we lose to. Most of time when raised OTR on sky it's a strong value hand as opposed to a thin value raise... (I'd argue AT makes little sense since if AT isn't betting flop then it probably isn't value raising river - KT, maybe. But it has less value in a river raise anyway.)

But yeah despite this our odds are just too good to justify folding in fear of a couple hands. Be interesting if we were facing a larger raise.

• edited October 2014
    Was in a £6 super roller direct sat with 8 people left 1 seat gtd.

Am I the only one thinking "fold pre"?  JUst asking as 66  meh?  Also, you're getting your self in a world of pain unless you hit 6 on flop?  #justsayin

Think ya being sucked in....  GG
  • edited October 2014
    Was in a £6 super roller direct sat with 8 people left 1 seat gtd. Am I the only one thinking "fold pre"?  JUst asking as 66  meh?  Also, you're getting your self in a world of pain unless you hit 6 on flop?  #justsayin Think ya being sucked in....  GG
    Posted by Glenelg
    Fold pre ..... really??  You can never fold pre here to a min raise, you're probably even calling a 3-bet here if you're closing the betting.  Small pocket pairs can be hard to play, I agree but they can be very profitable, usually if you hit the 6 but there are chips to be made even if you miss. 

As for the hand, as many have said, it's a quick call, you may be unlucky and be behind but you are ahead a lot more than you are behind.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Is there an argument for folding here?? : Fold pre ..... really??  You can never fold pre here to a min raise, you're probably even calling a 3-bet here if you're closing the betting.  Small pocket pairs can be hard to play, I agree but they can be very profitable, usually if you hit the 6 but there are chips to be made even if you miss.  As for the hand, as many have said, it's a quick call, you may be unlucky and be behind but you are ahead a lot more than you are behind.
    Posted by crassh
    Big mistake in a sat I think. Plus you're rarely closing the betting unless it's squeezed by the BB and flatted by OR. If it's 3bet before it gets to us then it's a clear fold IMO.
  • edited October 2014
    Fold pre is a bit on nitty side but not terrible. calling a 3bet on the other hand with 66 would be