You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last resort freeroll Punta Cana

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
So far 148 entries. Wonder how many of them entries wouldn'e be able to go if they won it? Guess they could always quit their job if they couldn't get the time off...if the winner can't go, does 2nd place get the choice? What if 2nd place can't go either?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    FAQ's

"By participating in the Punta Cana Last Resort Freeroll you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event, on or around 4th November 2014.This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination."

If they know can't go they should be banned for entering in the first place!
  • edited October 2014
    Really hope the winner doesn't already have a package...
  • edited October 2014
    As of 2 minutes ago there are 173 entries (inlcuding mine).  Now if only the other 172 could forget to play I might have a chance lol.

Good luck all playing it tonight - please bring me back a seashell xx
  • edited October 2014
    Cork > Punta Cana :)
  • edited October 2014
    If they know can't go they should be banned for entering in the first place!

I might agree if there wasn't at least 21 other prizes to play for.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Last resort freeroll Punta Cana:
    If they know can't go they should be banned for entering in the first place! I might agree if there wasn't at least 21 other prizes to play for.
    Posted by dragon1964

Would make some interesting dynamics if someone. who cannot go. gets to final table with big chipstack and just starts donking it off so they dont win.
  • edited October 2014
    If it takes 7 working days to get the tourist visa (or whatever it's called) and the flights are on Tuesday week, it's going to be touch & go whether the winer will get the paperwork through on time
  • edited October 2014
    Maybe sky should ask for everyones ducumentations before it starts...................................its a freeroll nothing else for a chance into a package of a lifetime,if the winner is unable to go who is anyone to say he should not be playing in this freeroll, i personally hope irishrose wins it as there should of been 8 seats in the final given,and it will be justice done in my eyes gl girl.
  • edited October 2014
    Maybe sky should ask for everyones ducumentations before it starts...................................its a freeroll nothing else for a chance into a package of a lifetime,if the winner is unable to go who is anyone to say he should not be playing in this freeroll, i personally hope irishrose wins it as there should of been 8 seats in the final given,and it will be justice done in my eyes gl girl.
    Posted by CHILLIE

Sky do - its in the T's & C's

Agree with your last comment

Gl Rosie
  • edited October 2014
    I am definitely going to watch when it's down to a dozen or so runners left.  It's gonna be hilarious seeing people trying to ladder to a better cash spot, whilst actively trying not to win the thing!
  • edited October 2014
    Ill be honest. I'm playing and maybe won't be able to go. And if it was the only prize I wouldn't play. But as there as others then why would I not play in a FREEroll?

Besides, there not going to let a package go unclaimed so someone will be very happy in a few hours. 
  • edited October 2014
    I cannot play in this freeroll tonight as I have other commitments.
    It is still interesting though as I have enough points to be able to play.
    Can I make it If I win ? well yes in fact I have already qualified and booked flight tickets etc.
    As there is money available for lower places should people who can't make it or have already qualified be allowed to play to be fair to all. As how are SKY going to know if anyone is available to go? The person coming second may not be available to go but according to the rules cannot play in this freeroll. I think it is not good to put in rules you cannot enforce in way. I think the package should go to the highest place finisher that indicates before the start their desire to accept the package either by email/tweet/post on forum etc. That way it can still be followed as to who is in the running for the package.
    By the way good luck Rosie for be unlucky in the final.
  • edited October 2014
    rose it really is awful of them to not have a cash prize for the bubble. i myself have entered it for the chance of a cash prize but know for sure i'll not be able to make it, hopefully i'll see you on a table late on so i can pass what ever chips i have over to you. even if they didn't want to award a cash prize they should have put you into the UKOPS 25K (£530)
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hi Craig, whilst I appreciate yours and others position on rose being so unlucky and perhaps a little aggrieved thar there was no 8 th place package ( if so what about 9 th etc etc,that debate could go on and on ) I feel a little uncomfortable with your statement on passing chips over,I'm guessing that if that happens there will be a far bigger outcry and the recriminations from sky could be severe. Good luck on cashing.
  • edited October 2014
    Doesn't the £3500 package contain £800 within it to pay for flights? So even if someone can't go, the package is worth more in terms of £££ than 2nd place.

Really hope the winner can go though, otherwise it's such a waste. I'm free and going for it :)
  • edited October 2014
    I also can make Punta Cana. Got a problem tho,   Mrs can't :-(  
    Now who wants to be my +1?  
    I've narrowed it down to two....hhyftrftdr  or irishrose!

Mmmmmhhh!!!

;-)))))
  • edited October 2014
    I also can make Punta Cana. Got a problem tho,   Mrs can't :-(   Now who wants to be my +1?   I've narrowed it down to two....hhyftrftdr  or irishrose! Mmmmmhhh!!! ;-)))))
    Posted by Glenelg
    Well, Rose is a better kisser, but Malcolm holds you for longer afterwards.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Last resort freeroll Punta Cana : Hi Craig, whilst I appreciate yours and others position on rose being so unlucky and perhaps a little aggrieved thar there was no 8 th place package ( if so what about 9 th etc etc,that debate could go on and on ) I feel a little uncomfortable with your statement on passing chips over,I'm guessing that if that happens there will be a far bigger outcry and the recriminations from sky could be severe. Good luck on cashing.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    first things first, i need to get myself onto the final table and get that £500 UKOPS direct buy in prize, if i'm giving rose my chips prior to that it will mean i've given up and only have a tiny stack.
  • edited October 2014
    im just playing for the cash prize 2nd ;)
  • edited October 2014
    Can you give the prize away?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Last resort freeroll Punta Cana : Well, Rose is a better kisser, but Malcolm holds you for longer afterwards.
    Posted by Slipwater
    ROFL!
  • edited October 2014
    Hope this does not get messy AGAIN

When players openely say that they can't go and imply chip dumping won't help

GL all
  • edited October 2014
    Hope this does not get messy AGAIN When players openely say that they can't go and imply chip dumping won't help GL all
    Posted by Boxster
    +1
  • edited October 2014

"....rose it really is awful of them to not have a cash prize for the bubble. i myself have entered it for the chance of a cash prize but know for sure i'll not be able to make it, hopefully i'll see you on a table late on so i can pass what ever chips i have over to you....."

That is an extract from a Post by xxxx.

Guys, please please do not even THINK about messing about like that, it can only end badly for everyone.

Please play the game properly, or not at all.
  • edited October 2014
    Hope this does not get messy AGAIN When players openely say that they can't go and imply chip dumping won't help GL all
    Posted by Boxster
    I was horrified to see the Post implying chip passing.

I would very much think that  the gameplay will be examined before the prizes are awarded.

• edited October 2014
    KK into AA = GG me.

Punt off in the Roller later :)
  • edited October 2014

Posts implying improper practice are being put up, then removed, quoted, & then removed.

Guys, PLEASE don't mess around, just play the game properly, & THINK before you Post stuff on the Community which everyone can read.

• edited October 2014
    Well guys - I've bust lol

so now you can all please enjoy your game - and please please please bring me back a seashell!!!

Good luck all - ENJOY!!!!
  • edited October 2014
    I excused myself from a roast dinner to go and play this tournament... 2 mins later I was back at the table after having been knocked out v early doors when I flopped a set and decided I could get 3 streets of value on a board that hit a flush OTT. They had the flush though!
  • edited October 2014