You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shark cage

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
What does every 1 think of the new show on channel 4  shark cage  imo i really like it especially if ya get caught bluffing u go in the shark cage and miss a whole orbit of hands esp if the blinds are big could really dent ya stack

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Can anyone translate that into English please?
  • edited October 2014
    R.E.S.E.P.C.T     innit
  • edited October 2014
    Don't think it worked as a show because the cage only applied to river action. The last part of the show didn't feature the cage at all and ended up just being a quick summary of who won the flips, and given the players had to win the whole SnG to progress the whole going in the cage thing didn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things. Also weird that it was a valid strategy to not press any button on the river. Also thought the online qualifier came across as a bit of a tool. Don't like the whole celebrate with your mate before saying gg to the other player, and 'boom' always feels a bit unnecessary.

• edited October 2014
    Pretty easy to understand FCHD.

Wasn't a huge fan of it, but can see where Stars are coming from. Someone (none poker fan obvs) channel hopping at that hour is probably much more likely to stumble across that and watch it than a standard EPT highlights show. Coupled with these new Spin and Go's and its potentially not a bad combo to get new blood into the game.

From a selfish perspective, would much prefer a 'normal' poker show :)
  • edited October 2014
    pmsl...define 'normal' ;)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Shark cage:
    pmsl...define 'normal' ;)
    Posted by jondabar
    Moody looking yoofs, headphones, hoodies etc etc :)
  • edited October 2014
    ahhhh...stereotypical muggers...sounds about right, lol
  • edited October 2014
    Wish High stakes poker was brought back.
  • edited October 2014
    Didn't really like it at first - as I said to quite a few people the night it aired.

That was mainly to loving the EPT shows.

I've changed my mind lol

It's actually quite a decent idea and while it is a bit gimmicky it's geared more towards the general public as opposed to hard core poker players.

James Hartigan posted else where saying it was hoped this could run at another time in the week, to the usual Tuesday midnight EPT show.

Hopefully it will work in attracting new players to the game.

Would also be great to see more prgrammes like high stakes poker coming back to the TV.
  • edited October 2014
    To much tv time and not enough poker,as said in a few of the above posts geared more to the newbies to poker...
    Always looked forward to my weekly dose of EPT on a tuesday night cant see the sharkcage being a suitable replacement...
  • edited October 2014
    Just watched the 2nd heat on ch4+1. Glad to see Phil Gruissem go through as he,s setting up his own charity so no doubt would be a good boost to that if he takes it down.

Was wondering though whats to stop the players doing a deal before they play the final - say 100K each and 500 to the winner. Would they be allowed to do it outside of the programme and if not what is stopping them as they will all know who,s playing 
  • edited October 2014
    Too many sob stories. Really no need for it.

Perhaps its part of the online qualifying criteria?
  • edited October 2014
    No real Sharks which was very disappointing.

The gimmick of the cage doesnt really add much.

Love and miss the commentary duo though!
  • edited November 2014
    I'm enjoying this show. As someone who watches every poker show on the planet I like how this one is a little more light-hearted.
    This week's episode was enjoyable. It had Gus (my favourite poker player) .. who I know has had a bit of flak for his slightly iffy P&L, but I think he's good for the game as he plays it with such a great attitude. No whining, just fun. And it had Victoria, who not only won but did that lovely thing for 'giraffe boy'.
  • edited November 2014
    Keep missing these, are they repeated at all?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Shark cage:
    Keep missing these, are they repeated at all?
    Posted by bbMike
    4OD is your best bet.

• edited November 2014
    I know they put the first show on the YouTube channel.
    Will check 4OD properly (ie not through Sky) later. Cheers.