You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need some advice guys/girls...

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Whats going on people..

Basically, I feel my online game has improved tremendously recently and have found myself picking up on peoples playign ability a lot easier and also found myself getting much deeper into tournaments/winning alot of smaller Double Your Money games too.

Tonight I took part in the 5.5k Bounty Hunter, I was relatively average stack or just under all night. Found it real hard to get that extra boost up over average stack. I ended up bouncing out the tourny at 68th I think? Which is annoying when it's 8places off cashing...

Anyways, Im just looking for a bit of advice really...

What suggestions would you give when at the stage of a tournament and lets say the blinds are 300/600 and you have 5,000 chips...this was happening to me tonight and I find myself at the later stages of the tournament Im reguarly sitting there with just under average stack?

Is there any advice anyone could give?

Thanks alot party people!

Ads

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Need some advice guys/girls...:
    Whats going on people.. Basically, I feel my online game has improved tremendously recently and have found myself picking up on peoples playign ability a lot easier and also found myself getting much deeper into tournaments/winning alot of smaller Double Your Money games too. Tonight I took part in the 5.5k Bounty Hunter, I was relatively average stack or just under all night. Found it real hard to get that extra boost up over average stack. I ended up bouncing out the tourny at 68th I think? Which is annoying when it's 8places off cashing... Anyways, Im just looking for a bit of advice really... What suggestions would you give when at the stage of a tournament and lets say the blinds are 300/600 and you have 5,000 chips...this was happening to me tonight and I find myself at the later stages of the tournament Im reguarly sitting there with just under average stack? Is there any advice anyone could give? Thanks alot party people! Ads
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    shove any 2 cards if folded too. shove means all-in.
    Try to avoid calling , unless you have big hands. In fact any medium pp or above is a call a sis any decent ace.
    Also look at who is doing the shoving and assess their range by noting how often or not they enterpots or shove stacks.

• ybyb
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Need some advice guys/girls...:
    What suggestions would you give when at the stage of a tournament and lets say the blinds are 300/600 and you have 5,000 chips...
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    When I'm this short (say under about 12bb's) every hand is either all-in or fold. Also if I get down to around 6/7 bb's I'm all-in with any 2 cards if it's folded round to me on the button or sb. Its better to go out that way than getting blinded out imo. Even with a decent stack in the latter stages (say between 15-20 bb's) I prefer to look for situations to 3 bet shove rather than calling raises and seeing flops.
  • edited January 2010
    Yeah I was only calling when I felt I could trap but then missed the flop so was hard to proceed with a beat with a short stack. Definately pushing is the way forward...

Thanks guys, hopefully I can get that little further to the major cashes.
  • edited January 2010

Ads, with less than 10xBB, Never NEVER Call. Shove, or Fold.