You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

horse racing???

edited October 2014 in Betting Chat
just tuned in to sky poker tv channell to watch,guess what? yes poker, and what are they discussing? horse *&^%$. so i think i will tune into the racing channel and hopefully they will be showing poker!! you wouldnt read about it! lol.

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to horse racing???:
    just tuned in to sky poker tv channell to watch,guess what? yes poker, and what are they discussing? horse *&^%$. so i think i will tune into the racing channel and hopefully they will be showing poker!! you wouldnt read about it! lol.
    Posted by windamon
    They've been doing that for a long time - it ain't news, mate.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing???:
    In Response to horse racing??? : They've been doing that for a long time - it ain't news, mate.
    Posted by Slipwater
    news! who mentioned news m8?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing??? : news! who mentioned news m8?
    Posted by windamon
    My mistake. I made the assumption that having taken the time and making the effort to post about it, you believed it to be so.

As you were.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing??? : My mistake. I made the assumption that having taken the time and making the effort to post about it, you believed it to be so. As you were.
    Posted by Slipwater
    time?possible. effort? defo not m8.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing??? : time?possible. effort? defo not m8.
    Posted by windamon
    It's also posted in Poker Chat when it is (quite evidently) not about poker ;)
  • edited October 2014
    I think he has a point. Nothing makes me turn the channel off quicker than talk about horse racing.

I assume the powers that be have checked and a lot of poker players like horse racing but I'm not one of them.

• edited October 2014
    I think he has a point. Nothing makes me turn the channel off quicker than talk about horse racing. I assume the powers that be have checked and a lot of poker players like horse racing but I'm not one of them.  
    Posted by Enut
    I agree - I'm not into horse racing either. But plenty of threads have been raised about it before. It's a money and sponsorship/advertising thing.
  • edited October 2014
    they do it to get more people intrested in horse racing
  • edited October 2014
    they do it to get more people intrested in horse racing
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    A better way to do that would be to have female jockeys riding around wearing Victoria's Secret.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing??? : A better way to do that would be to have female jockeys riding around wearing Victoria's Secret.
    Posted by Slipwater

+1

Kylie Minogue the jockey, have u seen the youtube advert.

Have a look :)
  • edited October 2014
    Banned Commercials : Agent Provocateur Kylie Mino…: http://youtu.be/tVWLH7ZqJMI
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to horse racing???:
    Posted by windamon
    Hi Mr Windamon,

Horse Racing is not everyone's cup of tea, but it helps to keep the Channel ticking over if Sky Poker can prove to be of some use to our sister Company Sky Bet. Ch 861 costs a LOT of money to run, so it needs to be justified, & doing stuff for SB&G very much helps in that respect. 

Ch 861 do approx 8 of these "Betting Previews" each year, mainly stuff like Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Grand National, the NFL season, Superbowl, etc.  Each of them are 2 hours long, so it means that 16 hours per year are devoted to non-poker matters as a means of helping the Channel justify its existence.

That leaves 764 hours per year for Live Poker shows on Ch 861, with non-poker taking up less around 2% of the live air time.  OK, you don't like horse racing or whatever, & it is suppopsed to be a poker channel, but if 16 hours out of 764 helps to keep the Channel open, it's not so onerous is it? 

And 764 hours of Live Poker Programming is a LOT more than ANY other Online Poker Site that I know of. In fact, 16 hours per year would be, too!

I hope that helps you better understand the situation.

I agree that on the face of it, it looks daft, but when you see the reasoning, it makes complete sense.

There is a reason no other Online Poker Site runs a 24/7 Poker TV Channel - money. Anything which helps in that respect has to be good for Ch 861.   
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to horse racing??? : Hi Mr Windamon, Horse Racing is not everyone's cup of tea, but it helps to keep the Channel ticking over if Sky Poker can prove to be of some use to our sister Company Sky Bet. Ch 861 costs a LOT of money to run, so it needs to be justified, & doing stuff for SB&G very much helps in that respect.  Ch 861 do approx 8 of these "Betting Previews" each year, mainly stuff like Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, Grand National, the NFL season, Superbowl, etc.  Each of them are 2 hours long, so it means that 16 hours per year are devoted to non-poker matters as a means of helping the Channel justify its existence.   That leaves 764 hours per year for Live Poker shows on Ch 861, with non-poker taking up less around 2% of the live air time.  OK, you don't like horse racing or whatever, & it is suppopsed to be a poker channel, but if 16 hours out of 764 helps to keep the Channel open, it's not so onerous is it?  And 764 hours of Live Poker Programming is a LOT more than ANY other Online Poker Site that I know of. In fact, 16 hours per year would be, too! I hope that helps you better understand the situation. I agree that on the face of it, it looks daft, but when you see the reasoning, it makes complete sense. There is a reason no other Online Poker Site runs a 24/7 Poker TV Channel - money. Anything which helps in that respect has to be good for Ch 861.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well said Tikay.
    Admire you for the time you take out of your busy schedule to stop people rocking the boat!
    I enjoyed last nights programme very much,and I'm sure it greatly helped Uk Horse racing followers to get a little bit more of an edge if watching the breedrers cup and having a little bet for enjoyment.
    That is why I like the sky site, goes that extra mile to keep its clients happy!(Sky Poker and Sky Bet)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: horse racing??? : Well said Tikay. Admire you for the time you take out of your busy schedule to stop people rocking the boat! I enjoyed last nights programme very much,and I'm sure it greatly helped Uk Horse racing followers to get a little bit more of an edge if watching the breedrers cup and having a little bet for enjoyment. That is why I like the sky site, goes that extra mile to keep its clients happy!(Sky Poker and Sky Bet)
    Posted by wynne1938
    I agree totally with everything you say on this subject Tikay and Wynne. I think people seem to forget the costs of putting live tv programming for, lets face it, a minority audience for sky. Poker is just part of the package.Liked the program and my whole family get together for a racing night on the saturday of the Breeders Cup. Eating burgers and hotdogs and nachos with salsa and dips and mucho american lager and other worldly blends!! Viva la Difference!