You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lose to mugs beat top players

Anyone else have this pattern??!

Lost more games to scopes with -1000's

Won more games to scopes of fins and golden leaderboards and green all over.

Not sure why??

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Lose to mugs beat top players:
    Anyone else have this pattern??! Lost more games to scopes with -1000's Won more games to scopes of fins and golden leaderboards and green all over. Not sure why??
    Posted by swanstu
    Hi Swan,

Maybe you are not showing them enough respect?

If we think our opponent is a "mug", we are giving Karma an open goal.
  • edited October 2014
    rather than use a word mug you should have just used a word rec.

we do loose more hands against these players than we would against a decent one because they are just playing loose where as those with a great EV respect you bets and can make the correct folds.

even if we are going to loose more pots against the recs than we would against the good, long term we still should be in a profit against the recs if the hands are played correctly.

• edited October 2014
    Ah the old adage of 'good players know when to fold', 'easier to bluff' blah blah.

Give me a table of people thousands down than a table of good solid players all day long. Gotta adjust to any table you are drawn on. If inexperienced players call wide then use this to our advantage. If they peel when they shouldn't then use this to our advantage.

Losing players make more mistakes, that's why they are down £££ at the game. We should ensure they make as many mistakes as possible vs us. Perhaps you're not exploiting accordingly?

A 'mug' completely owned me in an afternoon BH today. Sometimes who exactly is the 'mug' is a grey area!
  • edited October 2014
    There's some truth to it in that a "bad" regular player is pretty easy to predict and play against. A bad recreational that's unorthadox might take a while to figure out and sometimes by the time you figure their game out they might have left. If you come across them again though (or do play with them long enough) then they can be very profitable to play against.
  • edited October 2014

Its because good players respect your raises.

I hate sitting at a table full of bad players.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Lose to mugs beat top players:
    In Response to Lose to mugs beat top players : Hi Swan, Maybe you are not showing them enough respect? If we think our opponent is a "mug", we are giving Karma an open goal.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hit the nail on the head!
      Sometimes who exactly is the 'mug' is a grey area!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    So very true.....if we think this against any opponent then we are lost already.
  • edited November 2014

Thanks for the replies, a lot of sense there, though I've played like a mug myself recently anyway, so hey ho.