You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ugggghhhh!!

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
After gettin into the show for TP and failing, I went away and decided my game obv wasnt gud enough, (my best game of course I still believe is THE BEST, but it doesnt come out often enough). I decided one main area I cud improve on is the calls I make when I think my hand is "too good to fold" - but after the hand itself I realise, what can I beat?

Decided to move down n work on things, n the discipline Ive found has greatly improved my tourny play (3/4 cashes after 20 plus without 1) , but its reeled my cash game in abit. Below is a hand I wud previously have just shoved on.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KLEM Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £30.67
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £34.96
  Your hole cards

mortdogg Call  £0.20 £0.50 £14.50
hunt09 Raise  £0.40 £0.90 £13.78
merchant05 Fold     
cuteylynda Call  £0.40 £1.30 £6.80
KLEM Call  £0.30 £1.60 £30.37
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.20 £1.80 £34.76
mortdogg Call  £0.20 £2.00 £14.30
Flop

KLEM Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.50 £3.50 £33.26
mortdogg Raise  £3.80 £7.30 £10.50
hunt09 Fold     
cuteylynda Fold     
KLEM Raise  £8.00 £15.30 £22.37
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
mortdogg Raise  £8.40 £23.70 £2.10
KLEM Raise  £8.40 £32.10 £13.97
mortdogg All-in  £2.10 £34.20 £0.00
KLEM Unmatched bet  £2.10 £32.10 £16.07
KLEM Show

mortdogg Show

Turn

River

• Q

KLEM Win Straight to the 7 £30.50  £46.57

N before, I wudda won! :(   -   The TP thing has had its critics bout stakes n all that, but its deffo helped me look at my own game and try and change things, before I snap this asap.

DOHH

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Calling/shoving here with bottom two would be beyond terrible, ez fold mate but nice1 for not falling in love with your hand.
  • edited January 2010

What do u guys at the top level actually win with then? its obv not the nuts. coz ud never get paid off...

Its NL 20, ppl shove here with 77 88 99 even ace 6.....I dread to think what u wud class as a hard fold......

Or do u mean its easy to u but hard to every1 else? - I dnt get it, look at the action, min raise, pre, so many callers, what ya putting em on? I folded coz I KNOW KLEM duznt play his hand how he has if he cant beat me......Id love to see you big hitters post some big folds, rather than hands which just show u getting paid.

• edited January 2010
    Not criticising mate. Just saying with a raise a reraise and a cold 3bet in the hand bottom two is never good in a multiway pot (e.g. - 5 way pot) lets say for example he is cold 3betting the bottom of his range something like A6 of spades right, you are still in a 50-50 coinflip situation for stacks you are not even a favourite. I could get you a range of hands that would cold 3bet you in this spot and poker stove it for you if you like to show how bad it would be to get in bottom 2 pair on this board.

The thing is on the higher stakes people are bluffing and making moves so often and the preflop play is so aggressive theres not gonna be as many clear cut folds as to some of the players that play the lower stakes, say for example £300nl you would never see 5 players seeing a flop unless it was a really fishy table and then only needs one good player who is willing to isolate the play with big preflop raises.

I can rack through and find you some folds if you like? I wouldn't say I make many amazing folds to be honest but I do alot like the hand shown above I think as you play higher you begin to fold less. I will most likely be off to bed in the next 10-15mins so let me know.
  • edited January 2010

Nooo I hope I didnt come accross as being annoyed or even insulted by ur comment, I appreciate a higher stakes player even taking the time to look at my posts, the spikiness in my reply is just surprise, or even curiosity.....

Whats going thru my head is, "how can this be an easy fold??" - N i still dnt get it, if theyhold AA n KK, they play it the same post flop.....how can ya put em on 45 n 67? - I know what ur mean bout higher stakes tho....

Just trying to get my game in order, played NL50 for 6 months solid and made good money, and had a shocker over xmas, so re-evaluating everything n trying to get things bak in order, get my confidence bak, - neva eva been short of that. lol

Read the strategy board everytime Im on, n wud be something different to read the explanation behind a fold.......

Cheerz for takin the time to reply mate anyway, n soz if I came across as abit of a tw @t.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Not at all mate I think I was maybe coming across that way, sorry about that it wasnt intentional.

Basically your right that if they have AA/KK they might cold 3bet in this way on the flop sure, but the likelyhood is given the flat calls prelop no one has Aces/Kings/Queens here the most likely hands I think that would cold 3bet this flop are 54/33/44/55/A2/67 maybe hands like A6 of spades but I'm not sure how players play combo draws at these stakes. Given almost all these hands crush yours it has to be a fold. And for what its worth I saw a clip of you on Saturday night I think and saw you get terribly unlucky to brick with 10-8dd on a 9d-7d-3s flop against Aces where you were infact a 56% favourite, thought you played the hand well mate.
  • edited January 2010

haha I presume u saw the 23 spades one too??? - ugh

If any1 can miss an U/D S.F draw lately its me :( . Ive been watching u abit lately too, never a dull moment at those stakes.

I genuinely believe Im a really good player tho, as most of the regulars on the forum know, I dnt lack in self belief, n sumtimes thats mi downfall. Pretty loose most of the time, which makes these sorta calls easier,as theyre raising me wider,  but iv realised rocks like KLM dnt even consider oppos styles, they just sit n play their cards on 5/6 tables. - The TP setback rly has made me look at mi game, n hopefully will have changed things for the better. 1 last week to make a push for it!!!

Cheerz James, DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    KLEM is a nit plus stacking off in a min raised pot PF without close to nuts is always a tought spot.