You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Automatic Disqualification

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
This is a suggestion to sky poker in relation to poker playing etiquette and player community.

I think sky poker should introduce some sort of automatic disqualification for players who enter sit & go games and then sit out for it entirety in the hope of at least cashing out.

It is unfair, dissappointing and certainly a point of contention with many "Fair Play" poker players.

It certainly is not good gaming etiquette and I would love to hear skypokers view point, stance & possible solutions for what could be described as "cheating"

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Lock em up and throw away the key. Lowest of the low, these people.
  • edited October 2014
    To quote someone else who answered a similar question.

They've paid their money so you can't kick them out.
    Just steal their blinds :-)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Automatic Disqualification:
    This is a suggestion to sky poker in relation to poker playing etiquette and player community. I think sky poker should introduce some sort of automatic disqualification for players who enter sit & go games and then sit out for it entirety in the hope of at least cashing out. It is unfair, dissappointing and certainly a point of contention with many "Fair Play" poker players. It certainly is not good gaming etiquette and I would love to hear skypokers view point, stance & possible solutions for what could be described as "cheating"
    Posted by ecakapug11
    You're seriously complaining about a 'sat-out' player???
  • edited October 2014
    This is a suggestion to sky poker in relation to poker playing etiquette and player community. I think sky poker should introduce some sort of automatic disqualification for players who enter sit & go games and then sit out for it entirety in the hope of at least cashing out. It is unfair, dissappointing and certainly a point of contention with many "Fair Play" poker players. It certainly is not good gaming etiquette and I would love to hear skypokers view point, stance & possible solutions for what could be described as "cheating"
    Posted by ecakapug11
    it cant be described as cheating as they are not breaking any rules, they are as they see it using the rules to gain an edge, surely it's up to us to adapt our game to take this into account
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by ecakapug11

I also understand there could be many reasons other than "Cheating", like bad connection, software issues... but regardless of the reasons (cheating or not) skypoker certainly does not lose any money with these issues as all players have already paid entry. Players can't wait around the length of time it takes for the blinds to eventually take all their chips, it's an unfair to all other players and indeed the enjoyment of the game.
    Perhaps after 3 blind levels, these players could be automatically kicked out (a suggestion) and even if it is another reason as mentioned above, it might also act as a possible solution for these players to sort out their connection or software issues.

PLEASE SKYPOKER REPLY!
  • edited October 2014
    So this is where I've been going wrong all these years, I should just sit-out, stop playing hands and become a winning DYM player.

Thanks OP for highlighting this valuable money making opportunity.
  • edited October 2014

Then next we should target the people who fold every hand. They are doing exactly the same thing but without the decency of clicking the away button to let everyone know what they are doing
  • edited October 2014
    Nothing worse than losing at Russian Roullette to an away player :-((
  • edited October 2014
    As I said on another thread, if you can't beat an away player in a DYM, you don't deserve to win anyway.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification:
    As I said on another thread, if you can't beat an away player in a DYM, you don't deserve to win anyway.
    Posted by FCHD
    if everyone one at the table agreed to take turns taking the blinds they wud soon come back
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification : if everyone one at the table agreed to take turns taking the blinds they wud soon come back
    Posted by SQUARKEY
    Now that would be cheating/collusion if it was verbalised in chat box.
  • edited October 2014
    The away player should not make the money usually so it is a poor tactic to employ. If the table has many aggressive players then by all means sit back and fold, but the table should be playing tighter in a DYM and the sit out player should be blinded away before the bubble. 
    If they do sit out, then that is up to them as they have payed their fee, it is not cheating. If someone chose to go all in every hand then that too would be up to them and could be regarded as no different to the other scenario, as they will not be regarded as playing the game as such. I would not advise either of those tactics as they should lose in the long run.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Automatic Disqualification : I also understand there could be many reasons other than "Cheating"Posted by ecakapug11
    Other than cheating?

How can it possibly be cheating, even in the loosest sense of the word?
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by FCHD
    Well you are obviosly confused & don't understand the thread - this is an etiquette issue, I never said I was beaten in this scenario!
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification : Well you are obviosly confused & don't understand the thread - this is an etiquette issue, I never said I was beaten in this scenario!
    Posted by ecakapug11
    It's nothing to do with etiquette at all.

As you alluded to, there are a hundred and one reasons why someone may be away for the entire game... but none of those reasons could be construed as cheating.
  • edited October 2014
    Surely it's anti-cheating? Cos you ain't sat at the table to (attempt to) cheat.
  • edited October 2014
    Posted by ecakapug11
    This is a wind up right?????

If you can't beat an away player, get your computer, put it back in it's box, take it back to the shop and give it them back and tell them you've made a mistake and are actually too stupid to own it.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Automatic Disqualification : This is a wind up right????? If you can't beat an away player, get your computer, put it back in it's box, take it back to the shop and give it them back and tell them you've made a mistake and are actually too stupid to own it.
    Posted by Slykllist
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Automatic Disqualification : This is a wind up right????? If you can't beat an away player, get your computer, put it back in it's box, take it back to the shop and give it them back and tell them you've made a mistake and are actually too stupid to own it.
    Posted by Slykllist
    If this doesn't get a TOTP nomination there is no justice.

Oh wait.
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by Slykllist
    Again as mentioned earlier, I never said I've (nor have I) been beaten in this scenario. You too, obviously have a reading, understanding (and judging how you composed your hillarious comment) writing problem!
  • edited November 2014

i have a spare sense of humour if anyone is in need of one.

• edited November 2014
    i have a spare sense of humour if anyone is in need of one.  
    Posted by aussie09
    You are having a laugh
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification : Again as mentioned earlier, I never said I've (nor have I) been beaten in this scenario. You too, obviously have a reading, understanding (and judging how you composed your hillarious comment) writing problem!
    Posted by ecakapug11
    Hey!

I'm the only one here who gets to criticise writing ;)

You're still wrong, however you slice it.
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by Slykllist

THis is the WORST advice I've seen you give TBH.   I mean who on earth keeps the box from their pooter?  ;-))

• edited November 2014
    Posted by Slykllist
    Well done on recycling the original internet joke :)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification : Again as mentioned earlier, I never said I've (nor have I) been beaten in this scenario. You too, obviously have a reading, understanding (and judging how you composed your hillarious comment) writing problem!
    Posted by ecakapug11
    So let me get this straight. You've never been beaten by an away player, yet you believe an away player is gaining an unfair advantage by being away? Hmm... makes sense
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by ecakapug11
    So let me get this straight. You've never been beaten by an away player, yet you believe an away player is gaining an unfair advantage by being away? Hmm... makes sense
  • edited November 2014
    Please explain why you are complaining about away players if you have not been affected by them. I just can't fathom why it would be a bad thing. 1 thing you need to understand is that someone buying in to a tournament and not playing is NOT cheating, the person is well within there rights to do that if they want as they have paid their entry fee the same as the other players. The only way of cheating at online poker is to agree a strategy of some sort with one or more players from which someone will gain a direct advantage, barring that a player can do pretty much whatever they want.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Automatic Disqualification : THis is the WORST advice I've seen you give TBH.   I mean who on earth keeps the box from their pooter?  ;-))
    Posted by Glenelg
    everybody does, don't they. They form a nice little pyramid in the corner. and you always end up having to send something back so pretty useful too. i'm sure a family of mice live there as well. Where do your mice live?