You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

But How Much Did You Lose?

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
Stealing the idea for this thread from another very well known forum...

I was at my mum's for her 60th birthday recently and all the family were round so it was the first time I'd be telling my non-immediate family what I do for a living now.

Ofc many comical questions ensued from people that don't know anything about poker.

======================================================================

The standard one is 'I won £x last week'.... 'but how much did you lose?'

I told one of my uncles about it and he said 'aren't all the cards just going through a set sequence, so do you have a really good memory to be able to win?'

======================================================================

Even if you don't play for a living I'm sure everyone has told non poker playing friends that they play poker and had questions like this so do share!

Comments

• edited November 2014
    The best 1 is why do u play poker online its rigged :)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to But How Much Did You Lose?:
    Stealing the idea for this thread from another very well known forum... I was at my mum's for her 60th birthday recently and all the family were round so it was the first time I'd be telling my non-immediate family what I do for a living now. Ofc many comical questions ensued from people that don't know anything about poker. ====================================================================== The standard one is 'I won £x last week'.... 'but how much did you lose?' I told one of my uncles about it and he said 'aren't all the cards just going through a set sequence, so do you have a really good memory to be able to win?' ====================================================================== Even if you don't play for a living I'm sure everyone has told non poker playing friends that they play poker and had questions like this so do share!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lying to your family now Paul? For shame.
  • edited November 2014
    i had a funny one which got out of hand with my aunty.

What i said to her was i might not be able to go on a walk this monday as i have a chance of entering the £530 HR for £5.30, as she doesn't understand poker she considered the sats a false game which was being done by a gang.

i also tell her how i've got lots in my account and not deposited for months but she still insists long term only sky poker itself is a winner, not even the fact i get to see my two cards before putting cash in the pot can convince her this has got thought and skill.
  • edited November 2014
    Not a question, but I've been told it is a 100% luck game. To back that point up I was sent the 'Poker player loses $1M' clip from the One Drop AA vs AA hand.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: But How Much Did You Lose?:
    i had a funny one which got out of hand with my aunty. What i said to her was i might not be able to go on a walk this monday as i have a chance of entering the £530 HR for £5.30, as she doesn't understand poker she considered the sats a false game which was being done by a gang. i also tell her how i've got lots in my account and not deposited for months but she still insists long term only sky poker itself is a winner, not even the fact i get to see my two cards before putting cash in the pot can convince her this has got thought and skill.
    Posted by craigcu12

ah, your auntie is right with both points, craig

• edited November 2014
    Ok a few more make of them what you will. These are after telling someone you play and they ask if you win anything and you say well last week I won £X thousand/hundred.

"If it's that easy everybody would be doing it" (who said it was easy?)

"Why don't you play it for a living then" (Why should I want to do that, it's a fun hobby which just so happens to give me some pin money)

"Gamblers only tell you when they win" ( I play mainly tournies now, stake small win big, but if you insist I won £1400 on Monday, Another £2600 on Thursday, lost £5.50 on Tuesday, and did not play Wednesday as I was too upset with my huge losses on Tuesday)( It's odd how it seems to happen like that win nothing for a while then a couple in quick successiion)
  • edited November 2014
    'If i give you £100 will you make it into £500 for me  ?   '
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: But How Much Did You Lose?:
    'If i give you £100 will you make it into £500 for me  ?   '
    Posted by 1267
    If you give me a £1000 i will turn it into a £100 for you.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited November 2014
    The one I get is oh poker is bad its gambling......yet they do the lotto every week!
  • edited November 2014
    lmao all so true