You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes*

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat

OK, "chongratulations & chashes" is so wrong, but it would not scan otherwise.

Anyway, UKOPS XI starts tonight, many of you are revved up & the buzz is good, whether you are at High Roller Level (£530?, ouch!) or micro (tonight's Micro is £3.30), so good luck all. 

Hopefully, we can use this thread all week for our UKOPS chatter & chirps, to big up our mates, chongratulate chashees, & generally have some banter. 

Who plans to play what?

Satelliting in, or buy-in direct?

Let the fun chommence. 

Comments

• edited November 2014

Don't forget Chris Moorman will be playing two UKOPS events tonight, being the £530 High Roller, & the £110 Bounty Hunter Main Event.

If you bust Chris in the Bounty Hunter, you'll win a free seat into next Sundays £40,000 Guaranteed, £110 Entry UKOPS Main Event.

BUST THIS MAN

• edited November 2014

A few of my PLO8 sparring partners are already registered for tonight's High Roller, so a special shout out to.....

Macacgirl

Geldy

Other Forum regulars playing include.....

Aussie09

HITMAN

I8PALACE

Wacko90

Barrie26

Bearlyther

Sky Poker's longest serving SNG man (or is that "boy"?), Nutter5932.

And not forgetting this beast......

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes*:
    A few of my PLO8 sparring partners are already registered for tonight's High Roller, so a special shout out to..... Macacgirl Geldy Other Forum regulars playing include..... Aussie09 HITMAN I8PALACE Wacko90 Barrie26 Bearlyther Sky Poker's longest serving SNG man (or is that "boy"?), Nutter5932. And not forgetting this beast......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay!!

GL ALL
  • edited November 2014

Most of the Ch 861 Presenters & Analysts will be playing on at least one "Show night", too.

Tonight's duo will be Stapes, & Tall Bloke Karl Mahrenholz, both of whom will play tonight's MAIN & MINI.

The most interesing thing in the photo below? The brickwork, obv - that's called "stretcher bond". I learned that 52 years ago, at Building College. It's been very useful in my life, knowing that.  

• edited November 2014

And tonight, there is that rarity, a UKOPS Pot Limit Omaha Event.

Ooohhhh.

Count me in, I'll probably play that.

And for chirping rights, name the famous businessman who was born in, & still lives in, Omaha, Nebraska.

Clue.....

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes*:
    Most of the Ch 861 Presenters & Analysts will be playing on at least one "Show night", too. Tonight's duo will be Stapes, & Tall Bloke Karl Mahrenholz, both of whom will play tonight's MAIN & MINI. The most interesing thing in the photo below? The brickwork, obv - that's called "stretcher bond". I learned that 52 years ago, at Building College. It's been very useful in my life, knowing that.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Looks more English to me? pics too small to see properly tho.  
    Feeling better?
    Warren?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Looks more English to me? pics too small to see properly tho.   Feeling better?
    Posted by Glenelg
    No no no!

"English Bond" brickwork is alternating courses of headers & stretchers.

One course of headers

One course of stretchers.

And so on.

The photo is all stretchers.

I'm particularly keen on Flemish Bond myself.

I took a City & Guilds in Brickwork. And failed dismally. "Written", I achieved 97%, "Practical" they refused to mark, as my Welsh arch collapsed before the examiner could look at it. Marv. 

Here you go, great bedtime reading, this.....

http://www.ibstock.com/pdfs/get-it-right/getitright4.pdf

Feling better? No, not really, but I could certainly be worse.....
  • edited November 2014
    So funny that Warren is one American that doesn't look like he spends his life at the buffet. 

Even though he has food in his name and his title

the sage of omaha

and not a big poker player either
  • edited November 2014
    Is it being advertised "elsewhere" that Chris Moorman is playing these and there is a bounty on him in the M/E?

Could be a good driver for traffic tonight?
  • edited November 2014
    Is it being advertised "elsewhere" that Chris Moorman is playing these and there is a bounty on him in the M/E? Could be a good driver for traffic tonight?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Not sure what you mean by "elsewhere", but I'll be very surprised if Sky Poker don't mention it on Twitter, Facebook, & in SMS messages etc, & they'll certainly try & follow him on 861 tonight. 

Poker royalty, 'innit? 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Not sure what you mean by "elsewhere", but I'll be very surprised if Sky Poker don't mention it on Twitter, Facebook, & in SMS messages etc, & they'll certainly try & follow him on 861 tonight.  Poker royalty, 'innit?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Guess I meant non-Sky Poker channels. Other poker forums etc. Get Chris to tweet about it and other well followed Poker players retweeting about it?

Might drive some new registrations?

I once regged a site just for the opportunity to play in a tourney with a bounty on Tom Dwann. (This is not a brag post - I did get on his table and he bust me 99 < AK aipf).
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Guess I meant non-Sky Poker channels. Other poker forums etc. Get Chris to tweet about it and other well followed Poker players retweeting about it? Might drive some new registrations? I once regged a site just for the opportunity to play in a tourney with a bounty on Tom Dwann. (This is not a brag post - I did get on his table and he bust me 99 < AK aipf).
    Posted by Phantom66
    ha

i bust stapes out of a live tourney 99> AQ on a A9x flop. 
    Not a bounty Hunter though. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Guess I meant non-Sky Poker channels. Other poker forums etc. Get Chris to tweet about it and other well followed Poker players retweeting about it? Might drive some new registrations? I once regged a site just for the opportunity to play in a tourney with a bounty on Tom Dwann. (This is not a brag post - I did get on his table and he bust me 99 < AK aipf).
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ahh, gotcha.

Yes, thats all in hand.

I hear on the grapevine that a few other poker "faces" will be playing tonight's High Roller, too.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : ha i bust stapes out of a live tourney 99 /> AQ on a A9x flop.  Not a bounty Hunter though. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Was that SPT @ Aspers Stratford?

Joe is quite a character, very "Marmite", I get people telling me he is wonderful, & others don't like him so much.

In my personal dealings with him, away from TV, (I don't work with him, ever) I have found him very respectful & gracious.
  • edited November 2014
    Good luck Twiggy & Gelders
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Was that SPT @ Aspers Stratford? Joe is quite a character, very "Marmite", I get people telling me he is wonderful, & others don't like him so much.   In my personal dealings with him, away from TV, (I don't work with him, ever) I have found him very respectful & gracious.
    Posted by Tikay10

at the hippo
    and he was the most pleasant and entertaining celeb i ever met there. i think i still owe him a pint. 

• edited November 2014
    Good luck Twiggy & Gelders
    Posted by VespaPX
    Cheers Vespa & Teeks
    still needing to get in the right frame of mind for this
    breathe slowly
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Cheers Vespa & Teeks still needing to get in the right frame of mind for this breathe slowly
    Posted by GELDY

Winning formula

Bag of Twiglets and a large bottle of Vino Collapso :-)
  • edited November 2014
    I am genuinely exited for this week!!! 

I plan to play as many events as I can find the time for. 

I've also recently learnt how to play PLO. Been playing for a couple of weeks. Really enjoying it. So I intend to play the PLO event. I have no doubt I will be utterly rubbish and bust out first, but hey you don't improve by not playing do you. 

I now expect a rush of players to enter the PLO event. You know, value and all that!! 

Good luck everyone. And above all enjoy it. 

• edited November 2014
    I am genuinely exited for this week!!!  I plan to play as many events as I can find the time for.  I've also recently learnt how to play PLO. Been playing for a couple of weeks. Really enjoying it. So I intend to play the PLO event. I have no doubt I will be utterly rubbish and bust out first, but hey you don't improve by not playing do you.  I now expect a rush of players to enter the PLO event. You know, value and all that!!  Good luck everyone. And above all enjoy it.  B 
    Posted by Bromley023
    Which Bromley are you - Natterley, or the one that can play?

Good luck tonight.

Think I would wee myself with excitement if Natterley were on my PLO Table.
  • edited November 2014
    hi Tikay
    Hope to see you in the plo tonight.
    It will be hard for me to remember NO LOW
    Incredibly busy at work so the weekend may be the only time I can take part in the ukops.
    Hope everyone enjoys themselves.
    Nick
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS chit chat, chirps, challenges, chongratulations & chashes* : Which Bromley are you - Natterley, or the one that can play? Good luck tonight. Think I would wee myself with excitement if Natterley were on my PLO Table.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It is I, Natalie! 

Please be gentle on me. I'm going to be soooooooo rubbish! 
  • edited November 2014
    Just luckboxed my way (sorry Gelders) through a satelite into the PLO event tonight.
    Avonmum made it too!
  • edited November 2014
    Good evening Sir Tikay.
    I have been looking forward to this UKOPS, since the last one.
    Will be playing the £1000 BH at 19.00hrs.
    I have had a bit of luck this week winning £115 in a freeroll,so will be using it to play the micro.s.
    Also had £50 on BRENTFORD TO BEAT DERBY YESTERDAY AT 9/4.    
    So Monday morning will be donating £22 to the Poppy lady outside Tesco tomorrow.
    Great idea from Hitman.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited November 2014

Newsflash !!

Mac is chip leader :-)
    Macacgirl113680  
    beardyjohn13035  
    Moley7712260  
    skillman12200  
    NigDawG11735  
    ElRupert11255
  • edited November 2014
    Newsflash 2 !

Doubled up nearly
    un4furby19193  
    Macacgirl119105
  • edited November 2014
    So here lies a classic example of "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".

I did indeed enter the Challenger.

And I came 4th!

Possibly the biggest example of beginner's luck you are ever likely to see, but hey you don't learn and improve if you dont get out there and play, eh?!

Still haven't got a clue what was going on mind ..... 
  • edited November 2014
    Very well played to Craigcu12 for 2nd in HR and very honourable mention to Team Plopper captain Macacgirl on the FT in same.

Have to shout out Tk for repping ploppers and cashing Plo event too.

So the legendary chris moorman walked the walk after talking the talk on the show and a sky reg and long term community poster gets their biggest result of their lives from an all in sat. I hope the sky pr team are going to make the most of that one!

Ps get craig on the wall of fame please.

• edited November 2014
    Very well played to Craigcu12 for 2nd in HR and very honourable mention to Team Plopper captain Macacgirl on the FT in same. Have to shout out Tk for repping ploppers and cashing Plo event too. So the legendary chris moorman walked the walk after talking the talk on the show and a sky reg and long term community poster gets their biggest result of their lives from an all in sat. I hope the sky pr team are going to make the most of that one! Ps get craig on the wall of fame please.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Honestly, I don't know where to start this morning, so many of our Community friends did so well last night, but yes, headlines have to go to Craig & Macaspite.

I think Craig got in via a £3.60 "all-in Sat" (the very last one, too!), & Maca via a Freeroll.   

I dread opening the Community some mornings, chunter chunter moan moan, but days like this make it all worthwhile.

There are more moans about Freerolls on Sky Poker than almost anything else, & you know my feelings on that. But there are 2 sides to the freeroll coin, & Maca winning £2,340 from a Freeroll is the side of Freerolls we rarely hear much about. How can £2,000+ from a Freeroll erver be bad?

I'll try & do some other namechecks & chirps later, we had so many popular winners & cashees from the Community last night, as well as Jac35.   

• edited November 2014
    What a fantastic night it was!!

I won a sat for the PLO and was doing ok until my aa 10 j got busted by kk who hit a set on the flop (grrr) but started to rail others, big congrats to maca and when she asked us to reg for a PLO8 game when she was on final table because she was 'bored' was hilarious, the table filled in seconds!! Also watched Mr K on his table, but he's 'not well' (his words) and his play left a lot to be desired. Also a very well done to Mrs Brommers who came 4th - brilliant Natalie!!

So, cant wait for tonight so we can do it all over again. 

See you at the tables

Mother

xxx