You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini-view chat box???

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I posted this in the "Community Suggestions" section, but not many people seem to venture into that forum, so i'll post it here as well:

I was playing this afternoon (on mini-view) and was inadvertently involved in a one-way conversation which resulted in the other player thinking I was ignoring them.

Chat/banter is a great part of poker, it's a shame so many tables seem to be silent now as everyone's on mini-view. Any chance of incorporating a chat facility for mini-view?

Comments

• edited January 2010

It'd be quite hard to give enough virtual room for this Mr Biscuit.

I fully get where you are coming from, & it's particularly relevant to my fellow PTP-ers, as we are expected to chat, & we are most certainly not expected to ignore questions.

It's just very hard to make it practical, given the space limitations. Also, most people multi-tabling don't really have time to chat.

An interesting conundrum.
  • edited January 2010
    You would have to have some seriously good eye sight to be able to read chat on mini-view, seems pointless to me mate no offence.
  • edited January 2010
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).

Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Mini-view chat box???:
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).   Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
    Posted by richtea
    I know some people put "multi tabling" or "mini view" as there location so people can tell there not being ignorant
  • edited January 2010
    im with you on this richtea!!

i am a chatty player and alot of the time i dont get a response!!

they are probably just ignoring me most of the time as i go on and on and on and on..................

but im sure a few are multitabling and cant see my comments.

maybe sky could have some sort of symbol showing they are playing on more than one table??
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Mini-view chat box???:
    I appreciate the "super multi-tablers" with their 16 tables and 2 monitors wouldn't have time to chat. I usually play 3 or 4 at once, and on my screen there would still be enough space for a small chat box (about the same size as the one in normal view if you don't have 'enable large chat window' clicked on).   Another option (which I think has been mentioned elsewhere) is to have a facility which tells the other players you're on mini-view, so you don't come across as ignorant... 
    Posted by richtea

I think this is an excellent idea