You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl and Julian Thew!

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl In the studio- we hope to have Julian actually playing the main event via the iPad and playing at home, and heckling us via Skype, will be Ross Jarvis and Laura Cornelius ! Sunday night at 7 on Channel 861  or streamed from this website and on the app! 
Posted by RICHORFORD

Sunday night? 

Comments

• edited November 2014

Live again this Tuesday night folks!

And what a week it's been already. Chris Moorman on Thursday's show. And then the start of UKOPS XI last night, in which Moorman won the High Roller...the first MTT he's ever played on our site

I’m still trying to let that sink in. I feel we were visited by poker greatness the other day, I hope you all tuned in and listened up coz he was ripping up the rule book and giving us some amazing advice.

So, with corkers in the bag Thursday and Sunday, how do we keep this week in fifth gear then?

Easy. We bring in the EPT-meister Julian Thew.

Here's your show...

Sky Poker TV Live 4th November 2014

7pm to midnight.

UKOPS XI Day 3

The £10,000 Freezeout!

With...

Richard Orford

Karl Mahrenholz

Julian Thew

And YOU!

Yes, you'll be part of our show if you message in or take part in the main event and have one of your hands shown.

On the side, we'll be asking you to...

BIG UP YOURSELF!

Off the back of Moorman’s extraordinary achievements in the game, it got me thinking. If you had a gun against your head and were told you absolutely had to put forward a reason why you should be considered as a good poker player, what would you say?

What achievements or qualities would you throw in as your personal self-promotion?

Alright, I'll get the ball rolling:

Leeds SPT Side Event Winner 2010

£2.20 Deepstack Winner 2014 + 100% record in that competition

Main event winner and runner-up 2011

Send all your questions, comments and TV hand requests to the show either on here, on Twitter #skypokertv, or via email skyopen@bskyb.com

And guess what? You can win...

Tournament seat spot-prizes throughout the night for messages and hand requests

In the studio- we hope to have Julian actually playing the main event via the iPad and playing at home, and heckling us via Skype, will be Ross Jarvis and Laura Cornelius!

Tuesday night at 7 on Channel 861 or streamed from this website and on the app! You know it makes sense.

Oh, and don't forget the UKPC starts tonight on Sky Sports 2 at 11pm!
  • edited November 2014
    reason to be considered a good poker player
    hmmm

i know, i used to give poker advice to a forum regular and TPT member craigcu12.
    You know, the guy who just went heads up with Chris Moorman in the UKOPS high roller. 

Guess I'll be signing up for his tutorials next. 
  • edited November 2014
    until recently i would have considered myself an ok player but in the past two weeks i have had a 3rd and a 4th in mini events taken down a 3.30 PLO8 tourney for 24 quid and then took down the £1000 BH (5.75 BI) the other day for just under £300 so i having a bit of a good run atm

is the last longer going on in the main as usual???
  • edited November 2014

In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl and Julian Thew!:
    until recently i would have considered myself an ok player but in the past two weeks i have had a 3rd and a 4th in mini events taken down a 3.30 PLO8 tourney for 24 quid and then took down the £1000 BH (5.75 BI) the other day for just under £300 so i having a bit of a good run atm is the last longer going on in the main as usual???
    Posted by Haemophile

Good question. I reckon prob not because it's not the Turbo Open but you never know. I'll ask tomorow when I'm in the office and will post on here if it is.
  • edited November 2014

In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl and Julian Thew!:
    In Response to Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl In the studio- we hope to have Julian actually playing the main event via the iPad and playing at home, and heckling us via Skype, will be Ross Jarvis and Laura Cornelius ! Sunday night at 7 on Channel 861  or streamed from this website and on the app!  Posted by RICHORFORD
    Sunday night? 
    Posted by GELDY

There's always one ;-)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV LIVE- Tuesday 4th November with Rich, Karl and Julian Thew! : Sunday night?  Posted by GELDY
    There's always one ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

just be pleased someone read it all. likely to be a tl;dr for most.
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Rich, really looking forward to the show. What a line-up, not only Karl Mahrenholz but also Julian Thew plus Sky Poker's top presenter (NOT sarcasm, just an honestly held opinion).

As for self promotion the only achievement I can come up with is getting a free roll into the 15k launch party and coming 64th out of 1828 runners cashing for £27. Small stuff, perhaps, but for someone who generally only plays 60p dyms it counts as a big win.

Have a great show.

Ian
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Rich, really looking forward to the show. What a line-up, not only Karl Mahrenholz but also Julian Thew plus Sky Poker's top presenter (NOT sarcasm, just an honestly held opinion). As for self promotion the only achievement I can come up with is getting a free roll into the 15k launch party and coming 64th out of 1828 runners cashing for £27. Small stuff, perhaps, but for someone who generally only plays 60p dyms it counts as a big win. Have a great show. Ian
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN

Thanks for the kind comments, Ian. And 64th out of 1828 runners is a decent result no matter what the game.
  • edited November 2014
    well i think it's quite easy to answer really, going on to finish 2nd place in the biggest UKOPS event of them all.
    so having entered for a price of £3 i win £6000+
  • edited November 2014
    well i think it's quite easy to answer really, going on to finish 2nd place in the biggest UKOPS event of them all. so having entered for a price of £3 i win £6000+
    Posted by craigcu12
    Nice work Craig, and heads up with Chris Moorman too! What a story!
  • edited November 2014
    In for the last longer.
    Oh! Cannot afford the main,but I have entered the mini!
    Look forward to the show.(Richard,Karl and Julian)
    Lookout for my e-mail!
  • edited November 2014
    Reason to be considered a good poker player:

Having taken a 6 month break from Sky poker due to a 6 month holiday in Afghanistan, I have come back and the the first tournaments I play are the UKOPS. 

Out of the three I have played I have cashed in two of them (12th and 6th), better than I used to play...now for that elusive win!!

Great to be back and playing and listening to pearls of wisdom from Rich Orf again!!

Cheers

Stew
  • edited November 2014
    I can't see UKPC on tonight at 11pm? Any ideas guys?
  • edited November 2014
    I can't see UKPC on tonight at 11pm? Any ideas guys?
    Posted by CardiffAce
    Yes, Cardiff. It's on Monday nights at 11, not Tuesdays. Sky Sports 2.

Find it now for next Monday and press 'series record'!

:-)
  • edited November 2014
    1. Well done Karl in your deep runs on the first night of ukops xi, I'm now a believer. 
    2. yoyo, what are your UKOPS plans and how has it been going. 
    3. rich, what is the actual schedule of the show? (And yes the lady in red does add a certain je ne sais quoi to your image)

So far so good
    I'm sure the show will be another corker. 
  • edited November 2014
    No last longer tonight guys.

It's UKOPS week, so we'll be handing out TEN seats to tomorrow ngiht's UKOPS mini event.

These will go throughout the night for any good hand requests or messages. See the opening post for details.
  • edited November 2014

Question for Karl.

How did the UKOPS Omaha go, & could you talk us through your exit? Were there any really good players at your table?

Should be a good Show tonight, Karl & Thewy are the shizz, yo. Shame about Lord Smirk.

PS - The commentary for the 6-Max UKPC on Sky Sports last night was great, Sam Grafton did a terrific job in difficult circumstances.    

• edited November 2014
    "If you had a gun against your head and were told you absolutely had to put forward a reason why you should be considered as a good poker player, what would you say?"

Probably getting my read on this villain here absolutely spot on:

cityground Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £246.87
    gazza127 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £253.62
      Your hole cards
    • K

wudibluff Fold        
    ajs4385 Fold        
    JoeySmooth Fold        
    XX Raise   £2.00 £3.50 £672.27
    cityground Fold        
    gazza127 Call   £1.00 £4.50 £252.62
    Flop

• Q
    • J

gazza127 Check        
    XX Bet   £3.00 £7.50 £669.27
    gazza127 Raise   £9.00 £16.50 £243.62
    XX Raise   £25.00 £41.50 £644.27
    gazza127 Raise   £42.00 £83.50 £201.62
    XX Raise   £70.00 £153.50 £574.27
    gazza127 All-in   £201.62 £355.12 £0.00
    XX Fold        
    gazza127 Show
    • K

gazza127 Win   £198.70   £198.70
    gazza127 Return   £154.62 £1.80 £353.32
    That or coming first in the mini and 2nd in the main on the same night.

Or cashing in my first ever live tournament.

Outlasting Sam Tricket in a SnG at UKPC straight after he bubbled main event.

Stick a couple of main wins in there....

Suppose it could be worse
  • edited November 2014
    Gazza, you still have that hand ID?! It was months ago!

Suppose my 2 cents is being the only person to nail the lowest possible score of 2 points in the Monday night DTD games on Sky, think they have been running for 4/5 years now as well.

I don't like to mention or talk about it though ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Gazza, you still have that hand ID?! It was months ago! Suppose my 2 cents is being the only person to nail the lowest possible score of 2 points in the Monday night DTD games on Sky, think they have been running for 4/5 years now as well. I don't like to mention or talk about it though ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Its a nice hand though ;)
  • edited November 2014
    What a numpty, cheers for that Rich :)
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Rich, Karl, and Jules, my best bounty KO has to be a player named Yoyo who I somehow managed to win a race vs in a UKOPS event (at the 2nd attempt) in last nights mini, that's the best ive got sorry but hope to have more success after the masterclass I was treated too on Thursday with Chris Moorman, such a great show so thanks everyone for making that happen. The brief moments Rich spoke were even more of a waste of time than normal :D
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Rich, Karl, and Jules, my best bounty KO has to be a player named Yoyo who I somehow managed to win a race vs in a UKOPS event (at the 2nd attempt) in last nights mini, that's the best ive got sorry but hope to have more success after the masterclass I was treated too on Thursday with Chris Moorman, such a great show so thanks everyone for making that happen. The brief moments Rich spoke were even more of a waste of time than normal :D
    Posted by Janana
    Loving your work Sir, loving it.  
  • edited November 2014

i think i must be ok at poker,as everyone is always happy when i sit at a  poker table
  • edited November 2014
    " If you had a gun against your head and were told you absolutely had to put forward a reason why you should be considered as a good poker player, what would you say?"

Well, the first thing I would say would be..."Is that bleep bleep loaded?"

Oh and I came 2nd in the Sunday night Superroller a few months back.  To be honest It's all a bit hazy as there was some Chardonnay involved! Even a blind squirrel Rich?
    Pad
    Q for Yoyo.....any more bloggish in the pipeline??
    Edit: just remembered ....I also won the Monday night DTD comp a few months back!
  • edited November 2014
    My achievement....

Been to lots of SPT's with the hubby (stebar) and the daughter (jamielou) and absolutely love playing live, unfortunately i have never cashed, but hubby and daughter have both final tabled, and got those silly glass plaque thingys that need a lot of dusting!!!

Anyway we have recently returned from a 31 night holiday to the USA and 7 of those nights were in Las Vegas, so entered a $60 tourny at the Mirage and came first and won $600!!! 

Anne (aka Mother)
  • edited November 2014
    just gotta give the judge his dues love your post lol
  • edited November 2014
    Evening Rich its been a while!

Why am I a good poker player? 

I moved out and settled in at University for 6 weeks, then on my first night back playing properly last night, potentially being a bit rusty I end up winning DTD2, one of the hardest MTTs on the site :-)
  • edited November 2014
    SUPER EXCITED to play UKOPS tonight!!

Going to try and satellite in on the cheap, so watch out for me at the felt! Obviously going to try and emulate Moorman and Karl's greatness on Sunday night, but might need to finish his book first... Just finishing above Ross will do I guess! 

Have a great show guys and I'll speak to you through the wonders of the inter-web very shortly!

Good luck everyone else playing tonight!!
  • edited November 2014
    My achievement.... Been to lots of SPT's with the hubby (stebar) and the daughter (jamielou) and absolutely love playing live, unfortunately i have never cashed, but hubby and daughter have both final tabled, and got those silly glass plaque thingys that need a lot of dusting!!! Anyway we have recently returned from a 31 night holiday to the USA and 7 of those nights were in Las Vegas, so entered a $60 tourny at the Mirage and came first and won $600!!!  Anne (aka Mother)
    Posted by Amarie
    Mother!

I'd rather you did not converse with Orford. It's him or me, if you get my drift.

You may be old enough to remember this, but when we were kids, Woolworths used to see cheap woollen suits which we wore to school. Dreadful things, irritated every part of me they did. I always think of them when I hear Orford, as it happens.