You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

free play tables

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
I'm not sure i saw this right but seen something the other day on the site about winning tokens while playing on the free play tables. Can anyone verify that for me and also is there a way of getting poker points without putting cash on the site, i am wary about depositing and need two poker points to play in the free which i only have eight left.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to free play tables:
    I'm not sure i saw this right but seen something the other day on the site about winning tokens while playing on the free play tables. Can anyone verify that for me and also is there a way of getting poker points without putting cash on the site, i am wary about depositing and need two poker points to play in the free which i only have eight left.
    Posted by purdy07
    Morning purdy,

I don't know the answer to your main question, but I'm sure someone who does know will come along shortly & reply.

However, can I ask you what you mean by "wary about depositing"? In what way "wary"?

• edited November 2014
    In Response to free play tables:
    Posted by purdy07
    Hi Purdy
    Unfortunately most of the "Freerolls" nowadays require 10 poker points or more, so at some point in time you will need to deposit & play in a real money game to achieve this.

If you are looking to just get a bit of practice & experience in, then click on the "Cash Tab" There you will fand a "Free Play" tab - these won't cast you any money and all you win is "Free Play" Chips, but they are great for beginners & building up a bit of confidence to start with.

I wouldn't worry too much about depositing on this site though, I can assure you your money is quite safe. I have deposited hundreds of times over the 6 or more years I have been with this site with no problems at all.

Best of luck.
  • edited November 2014
    Hey Purdy - Just to add onto what PokerTrev has said, depositing is fine and perfectly safe. What I also like about Sky is that the minimum deposit and withdrawal figure's are not much different (£5 and £10), whereas on some of the 'bigger' sites they have things like minimum deposit $10 and minimum withdrawal $80 which I think is a bit naughty.

All the best whatever you decide to do.

Greg.
  • edited November 2014
    There used to be a promo if you played 'x' or 'y' amount of hands a month to earn either a £1.10 or £2.20 token as long as you didn't play any real money hands.
    Hasn't run for a few years.