You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP PLEASE

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
HI

Been trying to play on a 64 bit laptop running windows 8 but all I get is pop up adverts and I can't get to the download page. I have tried previously to download on a 64 bit pc and failed because there is no flash player download for this format. Can somebody tell me a solution to this problem please?

Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to HELP PLEASE:
    HI Been trying to play on a 64 bit laptop running windows 8 but all I get is pop up adverts and I can't get to the download page. I have tried previously to download on a 64 bit pc and failed because there is no flash player download for this format. Can somebody tell me a solution to this problem please? Thanks
    Posted by Gollygosh
    Firstly if you're getting pop ups it sounds like you have malware or spyware on your laptop download malwarebytes anti malware (it's free) let it do a scan and try again..... 

i have a laptop running windows 8 64bit and no probs here

if that doesn't work let us know

• edited November 2014
    Hi Golly

This Link may help you - "How to Install Flash Player on Windows 8"

Read the info & watch both videos
  • edited November 2014
    The important parts I picked out were.....

1. If you are using Windows 8, Flash Player is now embedded into the operating system for Internet Explorer so there is no need to manually install. Updates will automatically be made available through the built in windows update.

2. For browsers other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, Flash Player can be downloaded and installed from the adobe website

3. When using the Metro version of Internet Explorer on windows 8, not all Flash content will appear.  This can be corrected by switching to the desktop version. (See below)

a. Hit the Windows + Z key or right click anywhere in the browser to bring up the IE controls and then click the tools button.
    b. In the menu that appears, select "View on the desktop"
    c. Internet Explorer will relaunch in desktop mode and all Flash content should appear.

Regarding your pop-up ads though - you really need to do a scan to rid your pc of any malware asap.
    Also delete your temporary internet files, history & cookies.
  • edited November 2014
    sent u pm trev
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: HELP PLEASE:
    sent u pm trev
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Replied - gl