You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEED HELP!

edited November 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Well most of the hi/lo mob will know me been playing for ages but just can't seem too win at DYM'S.

Can win my fair share but just seem too lose as many as i win i know people will say variance is a killer but when its just continuos losing it makes you wonder!

Mostly i play DYMS and most of the hi/lo tournaments which i do quite well at but i just can't seem too do anything with the dyms no matter how i play or the hands i play!

i go in ahead say ak23 v aq24  and come out behind after runner runner so often it is getting boring now just seems like if u flop it no matter how aggressive or how passive you won't shake people off the pot! they will chase runner runner no matter how you bet and then they hit.

just seems no matter how or what i do i can't win!

What im asking is for any advice or tips on where im going wrong or should i just give up on dyms.

cheers for the replie's in advance

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Suggest you read up on John Connors thread for DYM strategy as your hi/lo knowledge seems sound.

When there are a lot of callers in a pot there is bound to be someone chasing at least one end better than you - DYMs all about chip preservation not necessarily getting it in when ahead. Especially so in plo8 when you aren't always that far ahead. Very very rarely do you have a lock on the lo and the high and even draws to better highs. I try and wait and only raise big pre when the blinds are big enough you should only get 1 caller and you are happy when you get none and take blinds - and you can adjust ranges accordingly.

But them I'm doing carp in the 100 challenge so not one to talk really.
  • edited November 2014

I don't know much about PLO8 but the hand histories you put in bbv show some significant bet sizing mistakes.

The reason you're struggling over a big sample isn't bad luck.

Post some hands and the regulars will be able to give you a hand I'm sure.
  • edited November 2014
    "i go in ahead say ak23 v aq24 and come out behind"

There's not much you can do when that happens and it's level 8 and up and they are all going to end up in the middle pre-flop anyway.

One thing I have noticed though young man, is that you aren't always getting them in the middle pre with hands like AK23.  Your calling a pot raise, and your shoving range over the top, has widened massively.

I know it's difficult to adapt to how the game has changed, I know that 5678 is the new AA23, I know that KKxx or QQxx (for many) is worthy of getting them all in pre, I know that rule #1 is now "thou shalt get the lot in the middle post flop if thou has the 8th nut flush draw", I know that A2xx is worthy of getting the lot in the middle pre, it's simply how we play it now.
    If it helps, I'm struggling too. I'm used to how it was played a year ago. The chip count threshold is now a lot higher when people are prepared to get them all-in. It used to be that people were comfortable to sit with 1000 or 800 chips and wait until they had to get them in, nowadays, it more like 1200 or 1400 and it looks to me like people panic call with any old plop  That ain't a gripe, that's more of an observation of course, but it's fact not imagination.

Onwards and upwards young man, stop your moaning or you'll be on the naughty step again!