You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D *****

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
To personalise my bracelet? 'Noseybonks bracelet for winning the poker!'

Great to see Tommy making another appearance alongside you & Ross. This show's definitely going onto betamax.

Have a good show folks.

Comments

• edited November 2014

UKOPS XI is well underway… We’re back on the telly already and on a Friday!

Obviously I have been playing tons of UKOPS events and keep losing my last longers, but it has still been very fun, mostly due to the fact that Ross and Orford both bubbled the Main when I played (I shouldn’t really laugh, but I will)

How is this season’s UKOPS going for you?

There’s still a few chances left out there to win one of these blingin’ bracelets

So I want to know, what would you have engraved on your bracelet to make it personal to you and your poker achievements?

I could have ‘Lairy Laura’ now I’ve been named that by Orford J

I’m back with Mr Starch aka Ross Jarvis on the show again tonight. I wonder who is bringing the cinnamon after our forfeit was semi-announced on the show on Sunday….

Maybe Sky Poker Reg Tommy Dyer (TommyD) is bringing it, as he’s going to be joining us on the show too as we put him in the Sky Poker HOT SEAT to talk about his poker career and discuss all the UKOPS Friday night action!

SO… what’s in store for you lot this FRIDAY night?

Tonight’s show looks like this... 

7pm – Midnight – UKOPS XI– We’ll be jumping back and forth from the various UKOPS events on skypoker.com

A range of buy-ins, structures and variations to suit everyone’s poker needs I’m sure you’ll agree!

Also, plenty of satellites to try and get in on the cheap and play from the new skypoker app for ipads and iphones

We’ll be dropping in on a few of our skypoker buddies to see how they will be faring in the UKOPS events tonight, including Tikay and Karl.

A UKOPS Bounty Hunter Challenger seat for tomorrow (Sat -worth £22) is up for grabs if you can predict who will last longest and by how many places between them?

Entries in by 8pm please!

ALL the UKOPS events will be TV flagged so if you’re playing, send us your hand ids, tell us which event you’re playing, get your questions to Ross & Tommy and we’ll get you on the telly! They will also be giving away some more spot prizes (Sunday Mini Freezeout seat worth £11) for good hands and contributions to the show!

Also, can’t obviously forget that another huge poker moment is happening in just a few days time. Who do you think is going to be the next WSOP World Champion?

WARNING - BRAG POST COMING… I met Jorryt van Hoof just recently and he was such a lovely guy (and also the chipleader) I’m going with him!

Ways to get in contact and enter the comps:

Email usSkyopen@bskyb.com

Tweet us: #skypokertv (Follow us @skypoker)

Here on the forum 

There's still fireworks scaring the living daylights out of me in the outside world, so wishing you...

• edited November 2014

Afternoon Laura.

I'd just like to pass on my congratulations to Matt Bates for winning last night's UKOPS 9-Max Sidey. Very well deserved.

MattBates2880001£1160
    P22OYO02£760
    woody356903£470
    Barrie2604£380
    pak_se_ri05£310
    FoldMachii06£260
    snoxx1107£220
    SUPERSNEDD08£180
    HITMAN_RV09£140
    Ozzy1000010£120
  • edited November 2014

I'm playing 2 UKOPS Event tonight, apparently there is a Last Longer between Karl Somebody & myself.

Anyone know this "Karl" kid? Is he any good?

Seem to remember I busted him in an Omaha event last Sunday, before going on to win it. Standard.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D *****:
    Afternoon Laura. I'd just like to pass on my congratulations to Matt Bates for winning last night's UKOPS 9-Max Sidey. Very well deserved. MattBates 288000 1 £1160 P22OYO 0 2 £760 woody3569 0 3 £470 Barrie26 0 4 £380 pak_se_ri 0 5 £310 FoldMachii 0 6 £260 snoxx11 0 7 £220 SUPERSNEDD 0 8 £180 HITMAN_RV 0 9 £140 Ozzy1000 0 10 £120
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes hear hear, congrats Matt Bates well done! (and thanks for following me on Twitter - I obviously snapped at following back a UKOPS Champ!)
    Great to see so many of you doing well :)
    Obviously you'll be following in his footsteps in tonight's UKOPS ME Tikay??!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D *****:
    Afternoon Laura. I'd just like to pass on my congratulations to Matt Bates for winning last night's UKOPS 9-Max Sidey. Very well deserved. MattBates 288000 1 £1160 P22OYO 0 2 £760 woody3569 0 3 £470 Barrie26 0 4 £380 pak_se_ri 0 5 £310 FoldMachii 0 6 £260 snoxx11 0 7 £220 SUPERSNEDD 0 8 £180 HITMAN_RV 0 9 £140 Ozzy1000 0 10 £120
    Posted by Tikay10
    One word reply to this Mr K.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : Yes hear hear, congrats Matt Bates well done! (and thanks for following me on Twitter - I obviously snapped at following back a UKOPS Champ!) Great to see so many of you doing well :)Obviously you'll be following in his footsteps in tonight's UKOPS ME Tikay??!
    Posted by Laura_C
    Err.........now that WOULD be a miracle!

Can't remember playing anything except PLO or PLO8 for 2 or 3 years now.

We shall see, stranger things have happened. Not much, mind......
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : One word reply to this Mr K. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Posted by TommyD
    It could be worse Tomnmy, as I threw another curve ball.

I actually sent Matt Bates a PM this morning to congratulate him for winning it.

Bet that went down well.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : It could be worse Tomnmy, as I threw another curve ball. I actually sent Matt Bates a PM this morning to congratulate him for winning it. Bet that went down well.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha, that has made my afternoon.  Best of luck tonight in the main, will be lovely viewing.

Also really looking forward to going on the show with Laura and Ross, been a lovely series so far (and pretty swingy for me) but most importantly a lot of fun.

Tune in tonight everyone for my top poker tips such as:

"Shove, what's the worst that can happen?"

"When you're put in spots like this I generally like to close my eyes and use the force."

"Clicking buttons is fun"

and of course "Definitely a call, of the 350 hands he can have we beat 2 of them."
  • edited November 2014
    Im going with Karl to last longer by 24 places

Hope 1 of you enjoy the Cinnamon, that was the least dodgy/before watershed forfeit I could come up with which we use in the rugby club (that or a teaspoon of dry porridge!)

My message on my bracelet would be one of my favourite quotes 'Winners take chances. Like everyone else they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them'

I think Mark Newhouse may win this year - good going getting to a 2nd consecutive final table so I will be rooting for him.

Have a great show guys - looking forward to it!!

Gavin

• edited November 2014

Looking Forward to the show, should be a good one. 

Couple of quick questions for Tommy.

1) How long did it take for you to come up with your alias?
    2) Do you prefer the Emirates Staduim or Highbury?
    3) When are you going to post in your diary again?
    4) Can I have your boom switch for one day?
    5) Sats for cash, discuss.

LL - Tikay by 56 places.

My bracelet would just say 'he didn't bubble'
  • edited November 2014
    I'd like mine engraved 'vbcdfnkdydefd' please.

Karl to last longer by 90 places.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : Haha, that has made my afternoon.  Best of luck tonight in the main, will be lovely viewing. Also really looking forward to going on the show with Laura and Ross, been a lovely series so far (and pretty swingy for me) but most importantly a lot of fun. Tune in tonight everyone for my top poker tips such as: "Shove, what's the worst that can happen?" "When you're put in spots like this I generally like to close my eyes and use the force." "Clicking buttons is fun" and of course "Definitely a call, of the 350 hands he can have we beat 2 of them."
    Posted by TommyD
    I obviously have followed your advice my whole poker career Tommy! Knew I was doing something right :) 
  • edited November 2014
    I'd like mine engraved 'vbcdfnkdydefd' please. Karl to last longer by 90 places.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Disrespectful.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : Disrespectful.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That was a conservative estimate ;)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** UKOPS DAY 6 - Live Show Thread with Laura, Ross & Tommy D ***** : That was a conservative estimate ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Fair comment.

I've taken the overs. Value, that.

• edited November 2014
    My bracelet would just say "quack!"
    Karl to last longer by 68...soz Tikay!
    GL both
  • edited November 2014
    Tikay to last longer by 8 places.  It is a DS after all.  ;-)

"On loan from TommyD"  on bracelet please.

And Dan Sindelar for WSOP.
  • edited November 2014
    Hey all!

It's UKOOOOOPS time again!

We should have another awesome show for you tonight and I'm super excited to be joined by Tommy D. You all know him, but get to know him a bit more by ASKING TONS OF QUESTIONS! The best ones will win spot prizes. The worst ones will see me glaring at the camera. 

Laters! 
  • edited November 2014
    Karl by 28 places
  • edited November 2014
    Karl to beat Tikay by 86 places. Thx.
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Laura,Ross and Tommy
    Looking forward to the show!
    Laura"Been watching your play over the last few nights,you are not just a pretty face,someone to fear at the poker tables,but all that exposure has partly given your game away,change your strategy over tthe next few weeks and bamboozle them"
    tikay to win the last longer,he is a shrewdy and will not give an inch,say by 25 places.

Inscription on my bracelet would read"You win some,you lose some"
  • edited November 2014
    Karl to last longer by about 40 years.

Oh, the poker you say?

Erm, then probably Tikay by about 30 spots. 

Sorry, Karl. It's just that Tikay only plays one hand an hour and so I'd back him all day long to hobble into the money before he blinds out.
  • edited November 2014
    tikay by 32 places
  • edited November 2014
    Easy - Karl by 100 places!
  • edited November 2014
    Macacgirl to outlast Tikay.

Whoops, wrong challenge!

Karl to outlast Tikay by 2 spots.
  • edited November 2014
    have a great show as always

last longer I'm gonna go for tikay by 28 please
  • edited November 2014
    I reckon Tikay to outlast Karl by 5 places.
  • edited November 2014
    I'd like my bracelet inscribed "Welcome to Fantasy Island".

Tikay to outlast the young whippersnapper by 24 places. Us old folk must stick together.

Good luck Tommy, nice to have you on the show. Great to put a face to a well-known name.

Have a great show.
  • edited November 2014
    Tikay by 27 places.
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers for the kind words sir. There does however seem to be an error made and that money isn't in my account and seems to be in the account of Mr Dyer so if someone in customer care could get it moved over that would be appreciated!