You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

That sinking feeling...

Ok we're six handed at 100NL...

Villain 1 UTG+1 (£212) Villain 2 on Button (£60) Villain 3 on BB (£55)

Hero UTG with Kings (£65) makes it £5, getting three callers EEEEEEK!

FLOP:  3c  6d  Qc    (£21 in pot)

Villain 3 leads out for £19  Hero moves all-in for £60

Villain 1 calls £65 Villain 2 calls all-in £55 Villain 3 calls all-in £29 SHUDDER!

TURN: Jd  RIVER: 8h

Villain 1 won the hand (set of 6's) Villain 2 (Aces) and Villain 3 (...3h 6c) 

I know it's tough without loads of information but I'd like to get your thoughts on the hand - Hero do anything wrong? Considering the action pre-flop, stack sizes and position, was all-in the correct decision? With two people behind and pretty wet board, we can't afford to give cheap cards by calling? Forgetting we're behind to Villain 3 (not folding to his bet) are we just unlucky to find so much strength behind and inevitably going to stack off? 

Villain 1 could've ''run through puddles and not made a splash'' during the session - liked to see flops/chase draws and usually hit! Villain 2 was extremely tight and Villain 3 kept showing bluffs after donking into pre-flop raiser! Hero lost £25 on previous hand but didn't reload in time - how much does that change their decision on flop, if any?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Same thing happened to me. Middle position, every in front of me folds. I have AK suited. Raise to 4 (50 /1 ) sb calls so does bb. Flop a k 5 rainbow. I bet out 12 sb flat calls so does bb. turn 10. Bad card. i bet 3/4 pot, sb flat calls bb raise all in. Pot is now over 250. I have about 35 behind, with sb still to act. Now at this point i put bb on QJ for a straight & sb on trip 555. I make the crying call hoping to fill up on the river. Sb calls his last 40. Pot is now over 325. SB shows kk and bb shows QJ. It's worst than i feared now only an a with get me out of this mess i have got myself into. River is a brick and the straight takes the pot. Looking back i should  check the turn, after two flat calls. I was chatting with the BB in the chat box after. He states only called because small blind called. Therefore i think my money was always going in, he small blind would have raised i would have re popped him all in. Just thought i'd share the hand with you.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: That sinking feeling...:
    Same thing happened to me. Middle position, every in front of me folds. I have AK suited. Raise to 4 (50 /1 ) sb calls so does bb. Flop a k 5 rainbow. I bet out 12 sb flat calls so does bb. turn 10. Bad card. i bet 3/4 pot, sb flat calls bb raise all in. Pot is now over 250. I have about 35 behind, with sb still to act. Now at this point i put bb on QJ for a straight & sb on trip 555. I make the crying call hoping to fill up on the river. Sb calls his last 40. Pot is now over 325. SB shows kk and bb shows QJ. It's worst than i feared now only an a with get me out of this mess i have got myself into. River is a brick and the straight takes the pot. Looking back i should  check the turn, after two flat calls. I was chatting with the BB in the chat box after. He states only called because small blind called. Therefore i think my money was always going in, he small blind would have raised i would have re popped him all in. Just thought i'd share the hand with you.
    Posted by johns0122

Thanks for the reply - our examples show sometimes no matter what you do, you're destined to go bust and that's the annoying beauty of poker! Good luck on the tables...