You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how do you improve your game when your playin begginers who call everything so you cant bluff?

edited January 2010 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
does anyone find it really hard to build a stack in a game at home with a few friends ?
as most off my friends have only just learnt poker its really hard to bluff because they call everything..
what should i do as all the games are dependent on who has the best hand not how you play your cards, so if your not getting the cards your not getting anywhere.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Bluff less and bet your big hands hard.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to how do you improve your game when your playin begginers who call everything so you cant bluff?:
    does anyone find it really hard to build a stack in a game at home with a few friends ? as most off my friends have only just learnt poker its really hard to bluff because they call everything.. what should i do as all the games are dependent on who has the best hand not how you play your cards, so if your not getting the cards your not getting anywhere.
    Posted by ChaseA
    If you read through some of the poker strategy posts you will see lots of advice on how to play against the blaggers who call everything and play any 2 cards. Play, tight ABC poker.
  • edited January 2010
    ive been doing well the last week playing tight and betting big on my good cards.

ive been playing low stakes mtt bounty hunters and you get loads of people going mad!! i just wait until ive got some good cards and take there chips!!! SIMPLES!
  • edited January 2010
    freechips1 Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £77.61
    ChirpyChip Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £55.12
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

crazygiggs Raise  £0.80 £1.40 £15.57
    phenom222 Raise  £1.20 £2.60 £16.47
    J9 Call  £1.20 £3.80 £3.54
    PKRGAL65 All-in  £7.09 £10.89 £0.00
    freechips1 Call  £6.89 £17.78 £70.72
    ChirpyChip Fold     
    crazygiggs Call  £6.29 £24.07 £9.28
    phenom222 All-in  £16.47 £40.54 £0.00
    J9 All-in  £3.54 £44.08 £0.00
    freechips1 Call  £10.58 £54.66 £60.14
    crazygiggs All-in  £9.28 £63.94 £0.00
    freechips1 Show
    • K
    • A

crazygiggs Show

phenom222 Show

J9 Show

PKRGAL65 Show
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

phenom222 Win Pair of 10s £62.14  £62.14
  • edited January 2010
    ok i should of shoved pre and not called, i gotta get back to 50/1 soon its driving me mad.  i am at the point where i don't wanna play, well i do just not at these silly stakes.  i have started playin plo stt to try and avoid playing cash. its starting to get me down big time, the difference in play has amazed me between the 50/1 and 40/80p tables, im finding it very hard to show a profit even though i have a big edge over 90% of my opponents a edge i never had at 50/1.
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: how do you improve your game when your playin begginers who call everything so you cant bluff?:
    ok i should of shoved pre and not called, i gotta get back to 50/1 soon its driving me mad.  i am at the point where i don't wanna play, well i do just not at these silly stakes.  i have started playin plo stt to try and avoid playing cash. its starting to get me down big time, the difference in play has amazed me between the 50/1 and 40/80p tables, im finding it very hard to show a profit even though i have a big edge over 90% of my opponents a edge i never had at 50/1.
    Posted by freechips1
    how come you moved down? you ought to be careful cos you dont want your game to go stale wen u move back up...
  • edited January 2010
    i moved down as i am running very bad, haning loads of beats and my bankroll has taken a hit
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: how do you improve your game when your playin begginers who call everything so you cant bluff?:
    i moved down as i am running very bad, haning loads of beats and my bankroll has taken a hit
    Posted by freechips1
    oh rite sorry to hear that.. GL putting it right!
    just an idea and dont mean to patronise but why not stick at 0.25/0.50 and 0.50/1 and devote more concentration to them... so if ur playing 6-8 tables atm at 0.20/0.40 and 'struggling to show a profit'
    , why not have 3/4 tables of the stakes you wanna play open n play ur A game, ur obviously got the game to beat 50nl and 100nl.
    i know a 50nl reg on stars that i watch sessions and he just has so many leaks when he plays 8+ tables compared to a solid winning game with 4-6 open but he doesnt seem to notice he is losing his edge.  
  • edited January 2010

i can play 9 tables but 6 is my best, or a game.  i have just played 6x 25/50 tables for 4 hors and walked away 330 up and the best part is no beats, things looking up and about time i will be at 50/1 soon enough. hotpotato i have the game to beat 50nl i am better than 80% of players but at 100nl i can honestly say its 50/50 i wanna improve but i have hit a wall i am not sure how to improve so i have a edge at a bigger game, im sure it will come with experience.