You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sat decisons.

edited November 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Small blind  25.00 25.00 2615.00
YBig blind  50.00 75.00 2010.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

MindGames Fold     
hhyftrftdr Raise  100.00 175.00 2500.00
TimmyRaRa Fold     
Call  75.00 250.00 2540.00
Call  50.00 300.00 1960.00
Flop

• Q

Bet  225.00 525.00 2315.00
Call  225.00 750.00 1735.00
hhyftrftdr Call  225.00 975.00 2275.00
Turn

XAll-in  2315.00 3290.00 0.00
All-in  1735.00 5025.00 0.00
From a 1/5 sat to the Thursday BH. X has been playing relatively 'normally' with the odd questionable bet sizing. Y is a reg and aggro, and might have just returned from holiday ;)

Thoughts on calling flop, and what to do vs that action on the turn....

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Easy part first.  Snap folding the turn.  One shove you may be beating but you are going to be behind so often to two shoves you can't call.  Pre I would probably be making it 2.5/3x rather then the min raise but the min raise is still fine if thats your standard open. Am probably calling the flop too in a sat and reassessing with position hoping for a nice dry card, or even batter an A or a Q.  
  • edited November 2014
    I think I fold thinking that y has made their set or fancies hitting his flush with a hand like K10 H

x - yeah looks like aKQ QJ or flush draw as played

invested little - fold and ask where they went on holiday haha
  • edited November 2014
    Turn is a fold ainec.

Can't (imo) raise flop, not even loving life calling tbh, but think we gotta call 1 on flop

Only other thing I'd say is that with these stack sizes I think we can still be 3x'ing from the CO
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks for the input gents.

I was calling one but couldn't call 2 all ins, but I tanked as I genuinely thought I had the best hand. I couldn't put either on a hand, as played, that was beating me, but I knew I had to lay it down.

The holiday remark was cos Y is Aussie09, and just got back from the Caribbean :)

Not sure I agree with the 3x'ing, but that's a whole different debate ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah i think its one of them spots where you have to fold even though you are ahead a decent percentage of the time, but when you are ahead you probably arent crushing yet when you are behind, you are probably crushed... 

i think you can raise a tad more than 2x if the blinds tend to call a lot, but id never 3x as its just a waste of chips if you get shoved and reshoved on.
  • edited November 2014
    KQ for one and 910 for the other meant I was in pretty good shape ;)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Sat decisons.:
    Yeah i think its one of them spots where you have to fold even though you are ahead a decent percentage of the time, but when you are ahead you probably arent crushing yet when you are behind, you are probably crushed...  i think you can raise a tad more than 2x if the blinds tend to call a lot, but id never 3x as its just a waste of chips if you get shoved and reshoved on.
    Posted by jordz16
    Who is 3bet shoving 40xBB with no antes? or even with antes for that matter, especially in a satellite. Only someone who is insanely bad I'd say.
  • edited November 2014
    2.5x would be my min open pre here - 3x being my max - min opens this early i find just get stationed way to often by random ranges. Thos ranges might still call 125 or 150 anyways but at least we're getting more value while ahead. As for the worry about being 3b chances are its a rather passive table, AQ probably wont play super well v a 3b v these kind of assumed opponents and we can bin it. Yes we're going to lose an extra bit when they do 3b but we're gaining more than that more often when they peel we cbet and take it down. 

FLop is std. 

Turn is a fold. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Sat decisons.:
    In Response to Re: Sat decisons. : Who is 3bet shoving 40xBB with no antes? or even with antes for that matter, especially in a satellite. Only someone who is insanely bad I'd say.
    Posted by Lambert180

In all fairness i misread the blind level, i thought it was 20bbs effective, either way its not overly irrelevant because if you get 3 bet are you still cant call/ship so would be throwing chips away. i generally think 2.1/2.2 does the job but if it hasnt been then yeah 2.5x is still pretty fine at this stage.