You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lost value...How should I play the turn!?

edited November 2014 in The Poker Clinic
mrdavies Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £25.50
Donttelmum Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £40.07
  Your hole cards
  • J

Kurczak Call   £0.30 £0.75 £33.04
Lambert180 Fold        
liamboi11 Fold        
kidwiz10 Fold        
mrdavies Raise   £0.75 £1.50 £24.75
Donttelmum Call   £0.60 £2.10 £39.47
Kurczak Call   £0.60 £2.70 £32.44
Flop

• K
  • J

mrdavies Bet   £1.35 £4.05 £23.40
Donttelmum Call   £1.35 £5.40 £38.12
Kurczak Call   £1.35 £6.75 £31.09
Turn

mrdavies Check        
Donttelmum Check        
Kurczak Bet   £1.20 £7.95 £29.89
mrdavies Raise   £5.40 £13.35 £18.00
Donttelmum Fold        
Kurczak Fold        
mrdavies Muck        
mrdavies Win   £8.69   £26.69
mrdavies Return   £4.20 £0.46 £30.89

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Hmm maybe this is a leak of mine, but having hit my hand I think I bet again here - probably somewhere around the £4 - £4.50 mark.

Lots of worse hands that can call, you may well have jumped ahead of Kx or better Jx hands as well as lots of draws out there.

Plus there every possibility that oppo has the As or Qs... where checking gives them a shot to see it for free.

OK, so you lose the £1.20 bluff stab they made if they have complete air (and get worse value than playing it this way), but your turn c/r just looks so strong that most marginal hands (which would have called a turn bet) are likely to fold.
  • edited November 2014
    Are you always half pot betting the flop? if so thats fine, but on a wet board like that where you have loads of equity id much prefer a 3/4 or possibly bigger bet, as im sure you will be repping a hand like aa/ak with your 3 bet pre... when you then hit on the turn i would suggest betting smaller around half pot or just under to show a bit of weakness and make it look like a stopper bet that would work with one pair hands, that way you open yourself up to being bluff raised or called down far lighter...  thats how i personally would have played it but as with cash games its all about dynamics so only you should know if you played that right
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah I'd go bigger on the flop like Jordz said. I'm also just betting the turn myself, when we bet the turn we still have bluffs, we still have 2pairs, sets, flushes, AK, hands with the Aspades, other draws like QsTx etc etc. When we check/raise the turn we might aswell write in the chatbox that we just turned our flush.