You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Table size?

I've just started playing cash, would it be better for me to play 10 seaters or 6 seaters. Also should I adjust my play on larger tables, raising more with good hands etc ?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Dude,

Good question. I used to play 10 handed and now play only 6-handed. The difference is pretty easy really. In six max games you have to open the range of hands up a bit and play more pots. Why? Because the blinds come around that much often and you've got less hands to beat - you're up against almost half as many opponents.

First to act in a 10-handed game, you might want to play as tightly as AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK and AQs. Everything else in the bin. First to go in a 6-max game though, you could open that up as much as any pair above 77, A8 or better, KQ and KJ. Some play looser than that, others might tighten up a bit more, but it gives you some idea of how to adjust. 

As always, good solid poker is the key here. Remember position, look at stack sizes and play in your comfort zone financially. As you'll play more hands in 6-max than in 10, you might want to play slightly lower stakes because the swings are going to come and go more often. 

Good luck at the tables and play smart.