You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Invest a few minutes........

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

....and read Talon's latest Blog, which is here

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Invest a few minutes........:
    ....and read Talon's latest Blog, which is here
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1. I really enjoyed his blog, which once again tackles a new area of poker for many of us and does it well. Very well. I'm looking forward to playing a bit of Omaha with him sometime :)

• edited January 2010
    Excellent stuff, but tbh, Hi-Lo is not a game for me.

Lovin the Omaha cash though, not really been a cash player up till now.
  • edited January 2010
    As I said on the blog comments Hale, don't count Omaha HL out just yet. It is a confusing game if you've never played split pot stuff before but is SOOOO much fun. Good Omaha players are pretty common - good Omaha HL players in my experience are much harder to come by. Read up, try it out and I think you'll find it's one of those games which is still really profitable.
  • edited January 2010
    I've been trying to contain my excitement at Omaha Hi-Lo arriving on SkyPoker.
    Blogs like this just make it harder.
    Nice one Talon - very clearly thought out and expressed as always.
  • edited January 2010
    I much prefer HiLo. Great game and requires a bit more thought.....but not much. For some reason I do  much better at HiLo than standard Omaha. I've had 4 cashes out of 6 played since I started playing it again in mtt's.

The sooner it comes to Sky the better for me.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Invest a few minutes........:
    I much prefer HiLo. Great game and requires a bit more thought.....but not much. For some reason I do  much better at HiLo than standard Omaha. I've had 4 cashes out of 6 played since I started playing it again in mtt's. The sooner it comes to Sky the better for me.
    Posted by elsadog
    I havent played hi-lo for a few years now since i use to play at ukbetting.  Really use to enjoy it, and did quite well also, more luck than judgement im sure.  Dont go writing it off play a few games and you'll soon get the hang of it.

Great blog once again

Gareth
  • edited January 2010
    I much prefer HiLo. Great game and requires a bit more thought.....but not much. For some reason I do  much better at HiLo than standard Omaha. I've had 4 cashes out of 6 played since I started playing it again in mtt's. The sooner it comes to Sky the better for me.
    Posted by elsadog
    That "some reason" is, if I may say so, because almost everyone plays Hi-Li sub-optimally. It's impossible to lose money at Hi-lo if you play competently, simply because most can't grasp the basic theories.
  • edited January 2010
    I GOT IT BOSS!! Orford is still confused.. But I GOT IT!!!
  • edited January 2010
    I GOT IT BOSS!! Orford is still confused.. But I GOT IT!!!
    Posted by LML
    Er is it catching ? :)
  • edited January 2010
    I think I got it now, it is catching :)