You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed

edited February 2015 in Poker Chat
    The more serious i play poker the more i have realised that i need to improve my multi-tabling ability. I mainly play 2-4 tables of tournaments, at the max 6 on a busy schedule...  I feel like i could play 2 tables day and night and be fine, but when it comes to 4 tables i feel fine for the first few hours but after say 3-4 hours I feel like a lose concentration, i get a headache, my focus goes and with that often goes my interest in playing,
   I would really like some tips from players who can multitable long sessions, how did you find adding more tables? is it just a matter of time for your brain to get used to it? Im only 23 My eyesight is fine, i drink plenty of  water, and keep to a healthy diet so in terms of that i know im fine.
    Ive only been playing poker for 2 years so i understand a lot of this stuff comes with time, but i also know if at any point i want to become very serious with poker il need to master the art of playing 6 tables+ and still keeping up my A game,

advice and tips from anyone would be most appreciated.

thanks in advance Jordz16

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Assuming your on synchronised breaks stand up have a walk around maybe even go outside for a couple of minutes. Take full advantage of the set breaks.

It's a fact that when our eyesight starts to deteriorate we do not always notice it so i would suggest it's worthwhile getting your eyesight checked. The headaches could be a sign that your eyesight has changed without you realising. A computer screen can put extra strain on our sight as it's usually a lot brighter than natural light. Try turning down the brightness or there is a little programme called f.lux that softens the colours to match your lighting at home.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed:
        The more serious i play poker the more i have realised that i need to improve my multi-tabling ability. I mainly play 2-4 tables of tournaments, at the max 6 on a busy schedule...  I feel like i could play 2 tables day and night and be fine, but when it comes to 4 tables i feel fine for the first few hours but after say 3-4 hours I feel like a lose concentration, i get a headache, my focus goes and with that often goes my interest in playing,    I would really like some tips from players who can multitable long sessions, how did you find adding more tables? is it just a matter of time for your brain to get used to it? Im only 23 My eyesight is fine, i drink plenty of  water, and keep to a healthy diet so in terms of that i know im fine.     Ive only been playing poker for 2 years so i understand a lot of this stuff comes with time, but i also know if at any point i want to become very serious with poker il need to master the art of playing 6 tables+ and still keeping up my A game, advice and tips from anyone would be most appreciated. thanks in advance Jordz16
    Posted by jordz16

Hi Jordz,

Some simple obvious ones from me:

Try and keep a window open and some fresh air in.
    Get a comfortable office chair.  Its best if you can go somewhere and test them out first.
    Try and take a short break every hour or two.
    Prepare before you start your grind.  Shower, wear comfy clothes, make sure you have eaten, been to the toilet.
    Play some quiet music, not to loud or heavy.

In reagrd to adding tables.  Slowly is the key.  Add an extra one this week, then one more a week after etc etc.  I wouldn't try and play to many if playing mtt's tho.  I play alot of tables and in definetly effects my day.  It also prevents me from taking notes in spots where I would like to.

Good luck

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed:
    In Response to Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed : Hi Jordz, Some simple obvious ones from me: Try and keep a window open and some fresh air in. Get a comfortable office chair.  Its best if you can go somewhere and test them out first. Try and take a short break every hour or two. Prepare before you start your grind.  Shower, wear comfy clothes, make sure you have eaten, been to the toilet. Play some quiet music, not to loud or heavy. In reagrd to adding tables.  Slowly is the key.  Add an extra one this week, then one more a week after etc etc.  I wouldn't try and play to many if playing mtt's tho.  I play alot of tables and in definetly effects my day.  It also prevents me from taking notes in spots where I would like to. Good luck
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Just realised this place as its own forum :) . I have noticed you play a lot of tables, are you using any tools to help you do this?.
  • edited February 2015
    No tools, just play like a tool most of the time.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed:
    No tools, just play like a tool most of the time.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hahaha, right just thought you might be using some scripts to save you all that wrist pain.
  • edited February 2015
    wrist pad ftw but I do get a sore wrist alot and tennis elbow believe it or not.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Ways to deal with Multi-Tabling for long hours? advice needed:
        The more serious i play poker the more i have realised that i need to improve my multi-tabling ability. I mainly play 2-4 tables of tournaments, at the max 6 on a busy schedule...  I feel like i could play 2 tables day and night and be fine, but when it comes to 4 tables i feel fine for the first few hours but after say 3-4 hours I feel like a lose concentration, i get a headache, my focus goes and with that often goes my interest in playing,    I would really like some tips from players who can multitable long sessions, how did you find adding more tables? is it just a matter of time for your brain to get used to it? Im only 23 My eyesight is fine, i drink plenty of  water, and keep to a healthy diet so in terms of that i know im fine.     Ive only been playing poker for 2 years so i understand a lot of this stuff comes with time, but i also know if at any point i want to become very serious with poker il need to master the art of playing 6 tables+ and still keeping up my A game, advice and tips from anyone would be most appreciated. thanks in advance Jordz16
    Posted by jordz16
    Hi Jordz

You're an exceptionally talented MTT player. The more tables you play the more diluted your edge will get as you will have less time to think and may end up just playing without using your skills. In my opinion it is much easier to play more tables of STTs than it is MTTs as they can be a bit more formulaic. At the levels you are playing (the highest on Sky) I would think it much better to play your 'A game' on four tables than your B or C game on eight. 

I know I really struggle playing 5 or 6 tables but I often mix a few PLO8 tables in just to make it even more of a head banger!

Just my opinion of course, others will be much more knowledgeable.

Run Well! 
  • edited February 2015
    +1 to flux, great little program.
  • edited February 2015
    hi jordz intersting post beacuse i stugle with the same things u talk about one bit of advice i would give is get pleanty of sleep and rest away from the pc. As we all no as a poker player late nights is of couse part of the job but like my mother told me and its true make sure u get u 8 hours. she was right. also u thinking or playing more tables playing on sky alone i can only do 6 as the softwere really only allows this. if u play on other sites it is much easyer as u can stack tables. also dont forgot sky is 6 max and if going to rec u head if u play to many tables much easy to play 10 full ring games then 6 6 max tables imo.