You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Absolute joke site

Don't forget to close the door on the way out.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    I can take a few bad beats, but when its the 1 or 2 outer on the river every time, enoughts enough. 

• edited November 2014
    I will, many thanks for the constructive comments as ever. 

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Absolute joke site:
    I can take a few bad beats, but when its the 1 or 2 outer on the river every time, enoughts enough. 
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    All the bells out today, must be a full moon. Still, quite amusing to read and then realise that the theory of villages all having one rings true. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke site:
    I will, many thanks for the constructive comments as ever. 
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    There there, dry those eyes. It's clear to anyone who has railed you or seen your hand histories that you are probably in the top 5% of players on the site. It's just that nasty Sky river keeps mugging you off. You don't do anything wrong, ever. You play every hand in the most optimal way. People are just getting so lucky against you and it's really disheartening to see such a quality player contemplating leaving this site. I hope you will reconsider, as form is temporary but class is permanent. Sky will be a much worse place if you abandon us, and I might even have to look at relocating myself as the strain of losing you might be too much for me to take. I fear my game, or lack of it, will suffer if I know I'm playing poker on an ACERAGless site. Please don't do anything rash.

Always got your back.

hhyftrftdr

Constructive enough?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke site : There there, dry those eyes. It's clear to anyone who has railed you or seen your hand histories that you are probably in the top 5% of players on the site. It's just that nasty Sky river keeps mugging you off. You don't do anything wrong, ever. You play every hand in the most optimal way. People are just getting so lucky against you and it's really disheartening to see such a quality player contemplating leaving this site. I hope you will reconsider, as form is temporary but class is permanent. Sky will be a much worse place if you abandon us, and I might even have to look at relocating myself as the strain of losing you might be too much for me to take. I fear my game, or lack of it, will suffer if I know I'm playing poker on an ACERAGless site. Please don't do anything rash. Always got your back. hhyftrftdr Constructive enough?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Dear hhyftrftdr,

Many that's for the post from the heart. I know deep down you would miss me if I left. I should see this as a blessing in disguise. Playing the micros, is doing me no good what so ever if I want to in prove my game. Playing at the micros, many of the players are playing "just for fun" or "Its only pennies, ill call with my 7 4 off suit". I have heard it a million times, you want these calls. Playing the micros is not going to developed my cash game at all or increase my love of the game, as its just tilts me far to much. When im not losing at the micros to the fantastic players, I like to watch poker training videos by the nose bleed players such as Phil Galfond. (Other vids are available). These vids are brilliant, but the many strategies and theory's he discusses are wasted playing the micros. There are no leveling wars, no putting your opponents on hand ranges, looking at bet sizing, etc etc. Its just see who makes the best hand at the river be it pure luck or fluke. 
    A break it well over due, I see my options are either play small stakes buy in tornys, even them are a lottery, as "its only £2.20" or play tornys £10 buy in and above, not suggesting the standard is any better, but if I get my money in good, happy days.

Kind regards

The micro cash machine
  • edited November 2014
    You're obviously not a micro cash machine if you can't even win at that level. Feel free to join me in various tournaments though, I welcome you with open arms.
  • edited November 2014
    You're obviously not a micro cash machine if you can't even win at that level. Feel free to join me in various tournaments though, I welcome you with open arms.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    lol, the classic "you can't win at that level" for the record, I look at my starting hand ranges, position, look at my opponents hand rages, normally any 2, look at my hand history and how I played the hand to see if I played it correctly, lost value incorrect bet sizing. I can confidently say I get my money in good/fav and know when im beat. Its just what they call a " down swing" I know these happen to the most of players, but if you have in for months it gets very frustrating to say the least. I don't want to lose my love of the game and the desire to learn. IM going to use this as a starting point to start fresh, look at my game selection and be more selective, less gambling more poker, onwards and upwards. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Absolute joke site:
    Posted by -ACERAG-

EDIT HEADLINE SHOULD BE: ABSOLOUTE JOKE, should not balme the site.
  • edited November 2014
    Heard it all before.

GL.
  • edited November 2014
    Heard it all before. GL.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Many thanks, have not seen you at the micros for a while or are you at the nose bleeds now pro ?

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke site : Many thanks, have not seen you at the micros for a while or are you at the nose bleeds now pro ?
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Please continue to make yourself look a total mug with your little breakdowns in BBV :)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke site : Please continue to make yourself look a total mug with your little breakdowns in BBV :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

"Your best poker moment: losses and general busto-ness."

enough said.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Absolute joke site : "Your best poker moment:  losses and general busto-ness." enough said.
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Said ever so slightly tongue in cheek.
  • edited November 2014
    Nice bump for Stu there.

Over a year later and you're still lingering, moaning about bad beats. Maybe, just maybe, you're not very good at poker?