You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Constant problems with the APP..just being dismissed by Sky

I have contacted Sky numerous times over the last 2 weeks regarding App issues:-

please advise me if anyone else is having trouble with:

opening app - general slowness & constant msg saying sorry it seems to be taking a while

logging in

timing out of hands

tournaments not opening by themselves - when they do you are sat out and already lost a load of chips

the 'im back' button not working when you have lost connection

table freezing and needing to be reloaded

the raising bar for bet size not registering

There is more which i cannot recall atm.

The reason for this i my app just kicked me out on a flopped set of jacks lol...and Sky are constantly blaming my connection.

I have an iphone 6 plus and running BT broadband

Comments

• edited November 2014
    Hi

No not only one, but you will never get optimum play on a phone of any kind. It's too unstable and not really fit for purpose. I used the phone for a while but as soon as I got booted a few times stuck to laptop. 

• edited November 2014
    But there is a mobile run promotion this week?!

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Constant problems with the APP..just being dismissed by Sky:
    I have contacted Sky numerous times over the last 2 weeks regarding App issues:- please advise me if anyone else is having trouble with: opening app - general slowness & constant msg saying sorry it seems to be taking a while logging in timing out of hands tournaments not opening by themselves - when they do you are sat out and already lost a load of chips the 'im back' button not working when you have lost connection table freezing and needing to be reloaded the raising bar for bet size not registering There is more which i cannot recall atm. The reason for this i my app just kicked me out on a flopped set of jacks lol...and Sky are constantly blaming my connection. I have an iphone 6 plus and running BT broadband
    Posted by mrdavies
    Hi mrdavies,

Thank you for this and I can assure that we are not ignoring the feedback that we are getting. 

We recently released some stability changes within the app that our tracking proved delivered some substantial improvements. I appreciate that you are still seeing issues and we continue to constantly monitor these issues. I will look into the specifics of your post to see if I can recreate your issues with a similar device.

Thank you
  • edited November 2014
    Sam, the guy I spoke to on chat yesterday advised me there are 'millions' playing on sky at this precise moment (there was 560) and no one else has complained to it must be a connection error my end!

He then advsied me I would have lost the hand anyway!? Has no relevance. The app is costing me in the long run and when I chat with Sky its the same answer - must be a fault my end? Thats how the chats end.
  • edited December 2014
    I have been doing some further investigation into this. Can you advise what device you are using to play on the app? 

Are you also able to give any further feedback on the crashes that you are experiencing? When the table is freezing is it after a period of inactivity such as when the timer has run down or when you have not had any interaction with the screen for a minute or so. Or is it just during general game play?
  • ommomm
    edited December 2014
    I hav similar problems, I'm using an iPad mini. Every time I go to log in on the app (the "log in") button seems to be stuck and I have to re load the app a few times before it will work. Also when I have started playing a game (usually just tournaments) a pop up keeps coming up saying I have registered a sit and go and I can only play. One Game on the mobile site. I only ever register one at once, after dismissing it about 5 times its gone. 

Small things but very annoying. 
  • edited December 2014
    Hi im glad i see this because i was fuming the other day i was 1st and it was only 3 left but i had to pick the kids up i tried to connect it to my phone but it wont work. So i ended up finishing 3rd. And b4 anyone says its the signal of the phone it was good signal and i never had problem with the stars app i think if its like that sky better off getting rid of it.