You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Suggestions for Punta Cana 2015

2»

Comments

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Suggestions for Punta Cana 2015:
    In Response to Re: Suggestions for Punta Cana 2015 : That is pretty dreadful if that's the case (and I don't doubt you're telling the truth).
    Posted by Lambert180
    Tell me about.
  • edited December 2014
    Those Resort fees wernt part of the final package £££
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Suggestions for Punta Cana 2015:
    the package included "hotel credits" worth $1500 so they say.  in the event it is a scam.  this sum should never be factored into to the total worth.  i understand that it wasn't. the scam is that they offer credits that you can spend on golf, massage, better wine at dinner etc. but they levy a 20% service charge on top.  all very well except they have inflated the prices of such things five-fold.  would you pay $200 for a round of golf or $100 to get your nails done? i wondered about the good wine upgrade using credits and asked at dinner one night.  they took away the wine list priced in dollars and replaced it with one priced in credits.  a similar bottle was five times higher in credits than in dollars.  $80 for a pinot grigio.  so no, the house wine was just fine and all-inclusive.   
    Posted by aussie09

as OP

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Suggestions for Punta Cana 2015:
    It occurred to me that there will be another event next year yet without feedback the opportunity to improve the whole experience might be lost.  It was a fine event and a prize worth playing for.  It missed one key element which I hope is addressed next time.  The whole promotion missed tikay's personal connection to the skypoker population.  Not only would tikay have been the one to help the skypoker group bond in Punta Cana but also his blogs, interviews, reports back to the UK show, forum threads would have been of great interest for all. I think tikay was the one missing piece of the jigsaw.  in hindsight, tikay should have been there.  his presence this year would have heightened the profile of the promotion in 2014 and would have meant greater volumes next time in 2015.
    Posted by aussie09

this was my point really