You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pro's + Cons of more blind increments in cash

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
I've tried to search the internet but can't find any discussions on this anywhere so I guess I'll ask here.

Currently I'm playing 50NL most of the time. A few months ago I took some shots at 100NL but have decided to move back down for now after a downswing and a couple of withdrawals meant I wasn't really rolled enough for it anymore.

See the problem is there's a big increase in bankroll requirements between 50NL and 100NL eg. 100BI's at 50NL is only 50BI's at 100NL and so a bad downswing at 100NL could decimate your roll. 

Micro and low stakes have lots of increments. 2p/4p, 5p/5p, 4p/8p, 5p/10p, 10p/20p, 15p/30p, 20p/40p, 25p/50p. There's only 1 increment increase that's double the previous. (from 10NL to 20NL) If you have 100BI's at 15p/30p that's 75BI's at 40NL and so going from one to the other is not a big problem. But from low to medium you have 50p/£1 and £1/£2 which is 2 increment increases that are double the previous one. As such it is simply not very feasible to mix 50NL with 200NL. 100BI's at 50NL would only get you 25BI's at 200NL. It also makes moving up for anyone employing stringent BRM very hard and almost forces shot taking as the only viable option to try and move up.

Either a 40p/80p or 80p/£1.60 level (or something similar) so that there's an increment between 50NL and 100NL or an increment between 100 and 200NL. 

As for the Cons? Well I don't really know. Obviously they need the traffic to run and I'm sure they will. Too many increments could clog up the lobby but then the HU games already a massive lobby clog up which could easily go!

Comments

• edited November 2014
    The current increments are totally illogical. With some small then larger increments.

I would make the blind levels double each time and have round numbers.

eg 5nl10nl20nl50nl100nl200nl500nl

Having lots of increments makes games takes longer to start, the lobby gets cluttered and make multi tabling harder.
  • edited November 2014
    I started a thread about this last year.

I think Sky used to have 30/60p 40/80p tables years ago but got rid of them.

I do agree with you though, think these tables would help people from the transition from 50nl to 100nl, because it is a pretty big jump bankroll wise.

Only problem would be that it might decrease traffic at nl50 and nl100.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: Pro's + Cons of more blind increments in cash:
    The current increments are totally illogical. With some small then larger increments. I would make the blind levels double each time and have round numbers. eg 5nl10nl20nl50nl100nl200nl500nl Having lots of increments makes games takes longer to start, the lobby gets cluttered and make multi tabling harder.
    Posted by ajs4385

You know 20 doubled ain't 50, right? ;)

Under that system it should go, 5/10/20/40/80/160nl and so on...

I agree maybe something inbetween 50 and 100nl would be good, obv it spreads out the player pool/liquidity but 30/40/50nl are all vv close and pretty much played by the exact same people so maybe drop 40nl.

Then the jump from 30>50 isn't so huge and you can have an 70nl or something in its place.

Otherwise, shot taking/being more patient with roll building. I've had a few shots at 100 and done ok but they always seem to happen around something else like a horrid UKOPS so I have to leave it for a bit again