You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hypers and roi

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat
Whats a good sample size for heads up hypers, to know weather you can beat the game long term? Also what roi should I be aiming for?

Comments

• edited November 2014
    I would say you need to play at least 1000 games to get a good sample size. Even then profitable players can play 1000 games and break even/lose money. 

3000-5000 games is more ideal, if you are beating the games over this sample size you can be pretty sure you are a winner.

Any positive roi is good in hypers. 4%+ over 5000 games would be crushing. 1-2% would be good.
    Some players actually break even playing hypers but make a killing with rakeback.
  • edited November 2014
    Fantastic reply thank you much ,  guess I need to start grinding more only started properly playing hypers this month with only 600 games clocked so far.

I guess im doing the roi completely wrong because its coming out at 60%?
  • edited November 2014
    Yeah 60% over 600 games is pretty unlikely golds, if you unlock your scope i can search for just this month and hyper games and give you your roi.  Say you play £10 games and your roi is 10% you are essentially making 10% of the buyin so £10-10%=£1 on average a game so if you played a 1000 games in a month at 10% you would make £1 a game so £1000 total, so if you were at 60% you would be making an average of £6 a game 1000 games= £6000 (assuming £10 stake). If you have been playing micros it's possible you may have a larger roi than to be expected but even like 20-30% over 600 games would be considered pretty ridiculous.

i've been grinding hypers this year mainly and try to play 1-2k games a month, the people who play for a living play a ridic amount of games say like 5k plus so can make £500+ rb with ease so even a breakeven month is going to be an ok amount and even the people crushing can breakeven over large spell of 1k+ easily as thoich said so yeah if you are getting into hypers volume is huge!
  • edited November 2014
    If I could get 3-5% roi at hypers I would switch from reg heads up in a heartbeat where I float between 10 and 15%.... never put in the volume as I beat myself up when on downswings!

Good luck!
  • edited November 2014
    You'd need to have won just over 500 of your 600 games to generate a 60% ROI, assuming 5% rake.

If you've won 60% of those games your ROI would be just over 14%.

ROI is your sum total profit divided by the sum total of stakes.
  • edited November 2014
    Obviously I have 60% just realised how sick that would be! I have 6% roi but as im a student life stuff gets in the way from playing a tonne as I need the extra monies to get drunk haha
  • edited November 2014
    Lol I suck at maths, finally done it correctly as I forgot rake, its 5.45% so just need to continue that up and not come home smashed and load up the highest cash games avaliable lol