You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Regular HU vs The 3 player SNG's

edited November 2014 in Poker Chat

I was just wondering about the pros and conns of both.

The way I see it. The only pro of HU is you are heads up (I know, obviously durrrrrr) But this is a massive pro.
The conn is you have to beat the game plus rake.

The 3 way pro is the fact you can win 3600 times your buy in (varies dependent on site). Most of the time you find yourself involved in a dym with 3 players. BUT its a true double your money. Plus you can get into HU with a chip advantage. Quite regular you are involved in 3,4,10,20 times your buy in.
But the conn is the extra player, especially when you are playing a 3 way SNG and its only 2x you buy in.

I was just wondering if anybody is able to quantify the differences in the game types?? Or is the 3rd player too much of a variable to say "this game type is more profitable"

I have no idea how many 3 player SNG's i've played (across 3 other sites) I'm up on 2 and down on another, although my stats are skewed on one site because I won $300 on a $3 BI. So you dont actually even have to beat the game to be up (in theory).

Thoughts? Experiences?

Comments