You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First sharkscope star :)

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
hey guys i just wanted to share with you my good news... i got my first star on shark scope today for total profit this year wooo lol... ive won about 90 out of my last 100 £3.30 dym games and i am having a really good time of it atm.
just sharing my happiness lol.
gl at ze tables

Comments

• edited January 2010
    It's a nice feeling seeing that star next to ur name

Well done :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to First sharkscope star :):
    hey guys i just wanted to share with you my good news... i got my first star on shark scope today for total profit this year wooo lol... ive won about 90 out of my last 100 £3.30 dym games and i am having a really good time of it atm. just sharing my happiness lol. gl at ze tables
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Thats great going Blackfish, just checked you out on scope.well done
  • edited January 2010
    yeah well done the both of you (i saw yours the other day phil).Now does anyone happen to know why there would be a TILT put there under the form.Yours phil says HOT and well deserved.But i put in a few players names and one of them had TILT .Any ideas?dav
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :):
    yeah well done the both of you (i saw yours the other day phil).Now does anyone happen to know why there would be a TILT put there under the form.Yours phil says HOT and well deserved.But i put in a few players names and one of them had TILT .Any ideas?dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Based on their recent results. Three straight wins = Hot. Six = Super Hot. Four straight losses = Tilt. Eight = Super Tilt.
    Once you break the run it reverts to '-'

(IIRC!)
  • edited January 2010
    wots the goldfish bowl 4????
  • edited January 2010

gold fish bowl is for like low ROI and profit over a certain amount of games... basically a poor tournament player... no offence if you have a fish bowl next to your name.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : Based on their recent results. Three straight wins = Hot. Six = Super Hot. Four straight losses = Tilt. Eight = Super Tilt. Once you break the run it reverts to '-' (IIRC!)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    thank you nosey.dav
  • edited January 2010
    Well Done.
    All I ever get when I go sharkscpoe is a blank grey screen.
    I just can't get into the site.
  • edited January 2010
    gold fish bowl is for like low ROI and profit over a certain amount of games... basically a poor tournament player... no offence if you have a fish bowl next to your name.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol id take offence! sharkscope no good 4 recording torns!!! (it dont count if u sat in2 torn!!) but is great 4 stt imo
  • edited January 2010

Well done Blackfish, most impressive stats!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : lol id take offence! sharkscope no good 4 recording torns!!! (it dont count if u sat in2 torn!!) but is great 4 stt imo
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    yea it does fall over on satellites but apart from that its pretty good.
  • edited January 2010
    Well done Blackfish, most impressive stats!
    Posted by Tikay10

Having not got any searches left on sharkscope, what are your stats for skypoker Tikay?
  • edited January 2010
    lol look tomorrow
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : Having not got any searches left on sharkscope, what are your stats for skypoker Tikay?
    Posted by efgloser
    I'm a triple goldfish bowl I think EFG. ;)
  • edited January 2010
    lol look tomorrow
    Posted by BlackFish3

yeah, i suppose
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : I'm a triple goldfish bowl I think EFG. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10

I aint callin you a fibber Tikay, but i`ll wait till tomorrow and check it out for real :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : I'm a triple goldfish bowl I think EFG. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol nice one
  • edited January 2010
    NO WAY.....PEN TO READING.THERE GOES MY DOUBLE
  • edited January 2010
    RE-LOAD ON IT`S WAY
  • edited January 2010
    Nice brag, keep it up as you obv have the sky 3.30 DYMs dominated.
  • edited January 2010
    Nice brag, keep it up as you obv have the sky 3.30 DYMs dominated.
    Posted by Deadluck
    cheers m8... im aiming to move up in next couple of days... the problem i have is that because im a student £5.50 hurts when i lose it... its strange because i have more than enough of a bankroll to play but still hurts losing... like ive played 5.50 games before and lost like 60 quid in 2 days, its so depressing... any advice on dealing with this anyone?
  • edited January 2010
    i think i still have one.  had one the last time I S S my name but I haven't really cashed big in a tournie on here for about 2 months so it might hvae been taken away from me :(

nice record in the DYMs sir.
  • edited January 2010
    i think i still have one.  had one the last time I S S my name but I haven't really cashed big in a tournie on here for about 2 months so it might hvae been taken away from me :( nice record in the DYMs sir.
    Posted by scotty77
    yea i dont want mine to go :( thanks... i really should branch out and hit the cash tables though, i cant play dym forever.
  • edited January 2010
    if you have the bankroll (which you say you do so np) step up to higher dym or personally cash

your game will develop quicker player 6 max cash than playng dym's imo.

Dont think about the monetary value to much its all relative
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: First sharkscope star :) : cheers m8... im aiming to move up in next couple of days... the problem i have is that because im a student £5.50 hurts when i lose it... its strange because i have more than enough of a bankroll to play but still hurts losing... like ive played 5.50 games before and lost like 60 quid in 2 days, its so depressing... any advice on dealing with this anyone?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Been there, done that. I play using a 5% of BR 'buyin' rule.

I don't know for sure but I bet rank-up blues are common. I certainly felt them! Going from £2.25 to £5.50 I was petrified as the potential losses seemed so much bigger (rather than the wins being bigger). So I was playing in a negative mindset (musn't lose or else!). Same applied when I went from £5.50 to £11.00. So instead just make sure you stay positive, stick within your BR rules, and be happy to move down a level if needed... but don't be scared of playing at the higher level, just play your normal game and believe in yourself and enjoy it. 

PS - Phil12UK wrote a fantastic blog many moons ago all about being positive - well worth a read. It certainly helped me.

• edited January 2010
    Hey BlackFish3...First HUGE Mammoth size congratulations to you...no mean feat indeed and as already pointed out you've got £3.30 DYM dominated, and that is a very lovely place for you to be!!!

Now, if you want to move to £5.50 but don't want to use/lose the money in your current bankroll then write down what it is before you start (Minus 3 buy ins for £3.30 investment - any monies earned from here onward will be your supplementary BR)

Now play 2 or 3 £3.30 DYM's, when you have won £5.00 profit add the other 50p from your BR and voila ...a £5.50 DYM for a 50p buy in...If you win the £5.50 DYM then by all means bank the money and enjoy your glory or play again...It's up to you!!

If not drop back to £3.30 and repeat the process - thus, even if you don't win you are not risking your current bankroll (apart from the extra .50p rake, think of the next few £3.30 wins as an investment in your poker career)

The first time you lose £5.50 DO NOT start buying into the £5.50 or higher games to chase your losses...this is not good play and will only get you in to trouble and make your BR go bye bye!

Stick to this formula until you are feel confident enough to play full time at the £5.50 limit, and your supplementary BR is sufficient for you to accommodate any losses at this level without you feeling nervous. If you get hit by variance (as everyone eventually does) It might be a good idea to return to the lower levels until you feel this has passed.

I really hope this helps, and remember this is just my opinion, there will be other magnificent ideas from other Community Members I'm sure

Good Luck, Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

Team Tikay are proud of you :o)

Irene x

• edited January 2010
    Hey BlackFish3...First HUGE Mammoth size congratulations to you...no mean feat indeed and as already pointed out you've got £3.30 DYM dominated, and that is a very lovely place for you to be!!! Now, if you want to move to £5.50 but don't want to use/lose the money in your current bankroll then write down what it is before you start (Minus 3 buy ins for £3.30 investment - any monies earned from here onward will be your supplementary BR) Now play 2 or 3 £3.30 DYM's, when you have won £5.00 profit add the other 50p from your BR and voila ...a £5.50 DYM for a 50p buy in...If you win the £5.50 DYM then by all means bank the money and enjoy your glory or play again...It's up to you!! If not drop back to £3.30 and repeat the process - thus, even if you don't win you are not risking your current bankroll (apart from the extra .50p rake, think of the next few £3.30 wins as an investment in your poker career) The first time you lose £5.50 DO NOT start buying into the £5.50 or higher games to chase your losses...this is not good play and will only get you in to trouble and make your BR go bye bye! Stick to this formula until you are feel confident enough to play full time at the £5.50 limit, and your supplementary BR is sufficient for you to accommodate any losses at this level without you feeling nervous. If you get hit by variance (as everyone eventually does) It might be a good idea to return to the lower levels until you feel this has passed. I really hope this helps, and remember this is just my opinion, there will be other magnificent ideas from other Community Members I'm sure Good Luck, Keep up the fantastic work!!!! Team Tikay are proud of you :o) Irene x
    Posted by TRIP5
    thanks a lot for taking the time to write this... i guess i just lack the confidence, ive played 5.50 before and my game went to pieces because of the money, dropped down and got it back together and now im almost ready for the jump again. im a member of team tikay btw :)
    i might try out your system... thanks for the support everyone, this is such a great community.
  • edited January 2010
    I had a star but now it's just a shark :o(

I have a star on another site and a tilt on another ......... non consistency is my read on that.
  • edited January 2010
    I had a star but now it's just a shark :o( I have a star on another site and a tilt on another ......... non consistency is my read on that.
    Posted by elsadog
    lol, your mixing it up!