You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WTF SKY

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSTR1BSSmall blind £0.05£0.05£28.45IC3MAN88Big blind £0.10£0.15£23.52 Your hole cardsQQ   LJHAlmightRaise £0.30£0.45£19.65JoshG943Fold    kgeeRaise £1.20£1.65£28.09salazarCall £1.20£2.85£9.44STR1BSFold    IC3MAN88Fold    LJHAlmightCall £0.90£3.75£18.75Flop  788   LJHAlmightCheck    kgeeBet £2.00£5.75£26.09salazarCall £2.00£7.75£7.44LJHAlmightCall £2.00£9.75£16.75Turn  10   LJHAlmightCheck    kgeeBet £5.20£14.95£20.89salazarAll-in £7.44£22.39£0.00LJHAlmightFold    kgeeCall £2.24£24.63£18.65kgeeShow45   salazarShowQQ   River  6   kgeeWinStraight to the 8£23.23 £41.88

Comments

• edited November 2014
    I don't see what the problem is?
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY:
    I don't see what the problem is?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

YOU DIDN'T SEE THE MIRICLE RIVER?

OPEN YOUR EYES
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : YOU DIDN'T SEE THE MIRICLE RIVER? OPEN YOUR EYES
    Posted by salazar
    you want these calls from players like this all day long, ok so he hits this time so what make some notes on him and move on get it bk next time

• edited November 2014
    Yeah those 1 outers are brutal

Oh, wait a minute
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by salazar
    Miracle river akin to the virgin Mary getting miraculously pregnant?

Or was that 6 less of a miracle?
  • edited November 2014
    Why "WTF SKY"?
    Bizarre.

• edited November 2014
    A miracle is usually defined as something with AT LEAST 1 in a million chance of happening. This is like a 1 in 11. Not a miracle in my books. 
  • edited November 2014
    A miracle is usually defined as something with AT LEAST 1 in a million chance of happening. This is like a 1 in 11. Not a miracle in my books. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

When the money went in on the turn he had 3 outs with 1 card to come so lets say 2% per out, (6%)

So about 1 in 17 chance, or about as close to a miricle as you get in poker.

Guy going crazy with 45 all the way and hits a 1 in 17 chance (6%) gut shot. 

It's not poker, it's sky poker, this site rolls out miricle 2 & 3 outers on the river like no other site

• edited November 2014
    "It's not poker, it's sky poker, this site rolls out miricle 2 & 3 outers on the river like no other site"

so it wasnt a 1-in-17 in that case.

if the site delivers more 2 + 3 outers then you should exploit that by calling more with gutshots and backdoor flush draws. seems like a money spinner to me if you are confident the RNG is rigged.

let us know how you get on.
  • edited November 2014
    "It's not poker, it's sky poker, this site rolls out miricle 2 & 3 outers on the river like no other site" so it wasnt a 1-in-17 in that case. if the site delivers more 2 + 3 outers then you should exploit that by calling more with gutshots and backdoor flush draws. seems like a money spinner to me if you are confident the RNG is rigged. let us know how you get on.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

The poker odds say 1 in 17, sky poker says 50/50
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : The poker odds say 1 in 17, sky poker says 50/50
    Posted by salazar
    Do you have some credible evidence to prove that, Mr Salazar?
  • edited November 2014
    1. it's not a mirical then is it. as 50/50's happen half the time.

2. you should keep this secret to yourself and simply shovel money in whenever you have a gutshot on the river, as it's 50/50 right? easy game.

let us know how you get on.

same goes to anyone thinking the bigstack always wins.

1 fold AA if you are a shortstack

2 call with any two if you are a bigstack.

easy exploit and easy money, right?

have the courage of your convictions.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : Do you have some credible evidence to prove that, Mr Salazar?
    Posted by Tikay10

Only a few years experience playing on here. It's a shame really as i like the site, I like that it's in the UK and in pounds and I like the quick and easy banking system. The software used to be poor but now even that's improved. My only gripe about this site is the amount of 2 and 3 outers it seems to put out.

Anyway, i've said my piece and arguing about it on here is not going to make any difference to a hand that ended yesterday, I either have to put up with it or look into other sites and looking into other sites is what I'm doing as a type this.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : Only a few years experience playing on here. It's a shame really as i like the site, I like that it's in the UK and in £s and I like the quick and easy banking system. The software used to be poor but now even that's improved. My only gripe about this site is the amount of 2 and 3 outers it seems to put out. Anyway, i've said my piece and arguing about on here is not going to make any difference to a hand that ended yesterday, I either have to put up with it or look into other sites and looking into other sites is what I'm doing as a type this.
    Posted by salazar
    Be careful. You don't want to choose a site that is rigged so this (the above) doesn't happen.
    GL.

• edited November 2014
    why would you leave a site where you have spotted an exploitable flaw in the shuffling alogrythm?

just call with 2 outers and print money.

this should be the easiest site in the world for you to make money on.

i think that, deep down, you simply dont believe what you are saying. if you did you would be happy to clean up on the site:  all games, all formats, all stakes.
  • edited November 2014
    Giving my new poker home a try, I've not taken my money out of this account yet, waiting to make sure I like my new home. One week trial to make sure all is well and getting money in and out is a simple process
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY:
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : When the money went in on the turn he had 3 outs with 1 card to come so lets say 2% per out, (6%) So about 1 in 17 chance, or about as close to a miricle as you get in poker. Guy going crazy with 45 all the way and hits a 1 in 17 chance (6%) gut shot.  It's not poker, it's sky poker, this site rolls out miricle 2 & 3 outers on the river like no other site
    Posted by salazar
    No, it's a 1 in 11. I calculated it rather than make a wild guess. Opponent had the four sixes as outs, not just 3. We know 7 of the cards that means there is 45 cards left, of which 4 of them are sixes. 4/45*100 = 8.9%. Rounded up to 9% and that's roughly a 1 in 11 chance. 

The closest thing to a miracle in poker in a single hand is when you get it in on the flop with the opponent needing perfect runner runner. (1/45*1/44)X100 = 0.05%. 9% is far from a miracle.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to  Re: WTF SKY : No, it's a 1 in 11. I calculated it rather than make a wild guess. Opponent had the four sixes as outs, not just 3. We know 7 of the cards that means there is 45 cards left, of which 4 of them are sixes. 4/45*100 = 8.9%. Rounded up to 9% and that's roughly a 1 in 11 chance.  The closest thing to a miracle in poker in a single hand is when you get it in on the flop with the opponent needing perfect runner runner. (1/45*1/44)X100 = 0.05%. 9% is far from a miracle.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I played a fairly big live torney a while back
    I had 10's and on a 10 6 6 flop I was quite pleased when we got the chips in the middle. 
    He had 5's and I was out the door after the river.
    I know this is nothing next to your beat Salz but that one did sting a little.

Suggest you do not play live. That's obv rigged too.
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : I played a fairly big live torney a while back I had 10's and on a 10 6 6 flop I was quite pleased when we got the chips in the middle.  He had 5's and I was out the door after the river. I know this is nothing next to your beat Salz but that one did sting a little. Suggest you do not play live. That's obv rigged too.
    Posted by Jac35

i knew there was something about it........ just couldn't quite put my finger on it tho :P

• edited November 2014
    I love how people fail to recognise that online poker is much quicker than live poker and henceforth more "bad beats" or 1 in 17 chances come in than you would expect to see in live poker play during a "session". 

All you can do is acknowledge you got the money in good, you lost and that if that hand was replayed 10 times over you would win 9/10, and then move on.

• edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: WTF SKY : Only a few years experience playing on here. It's a shame really as i like the site, I like that it's in the UK and in pounds and I like the quick and easy banking system. The software used to be poor but now even that's improved. My only gripe about this site is the amount of 2 and 3 outers it seems to put out. Anyway, i've said my piece and arguing about it on here is not going to make any difference to a hand that ended yesterday, I either have to put up with it or look into other sites and looking into other sites is what I'm doing as a type this.
    Posted by salazar
    Wow, I've seen some turnips on here but this is dynamite. You are actively seeking a new poker site because someone effectively jammed their stack with 4 outs and got there on the river?

You do realise to look for a new site after ^ is the ultimate contradiction in poker? Literally running away from value. Wpwp. 

No of course you don't realise, you're a turnip.

Good luck elsewhere, something tells me you need it.
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Salazar

I see that you have been on Sky for nearly 5 years. If that is the worst bad beat you have had in that time then you have run very, very well. Good luck in your search for a site where bad beats never happen. I think you will have a long, long search.
  • edited November 2014
    turnip!
    n1 harry
  • edited November 2014
    Giving my new poker home a try, I've not taken my money out of this account yet, waiting to make sure I like my new home. One week trial to make sure all is well and getting money in and out is a simple process
    Posted by salazar

I got a van if you need any help moving out? 
  • edited November 2014
    Posted by salazar

I've even tried squinting a bit but still can't see it.

Try asking in parslemouth.

• edited December 2014
    DUDE HOW COULD YOU CALL HIS SHOVE??

The board is horrible for Queens, hes most likely got a FH, at worst hes got a river.

Either way you're crushed. im astounded you made the call??