You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

its time to sack benitez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited January 2010 in The Shed
im sat here watching liverpool get beat by reading what a joke!!!!!!

its time for us to get rid of this spanish waiter!!

Comments

• edited January 2010

dont you think manuel had enough trouble last year??

he from barcelona......he know noothing  :)
  • edited January 2010
    TBH, I thought this could've been the shock of the round anyway although in fairness once you got the draw at their place I expected you to win by a decent margin at Anfield.

The thing is though, if you get rid of Benitez who do you replace him with?

I think Liverpool are having a bad season by their standards & fwiw, I think going out tonight could be a blessing in disguise really. It shouldmean that there's very little excuse for not finishing in the top 4 now because I honestly believe that if Liverpool miss out on that spot then they could well be in trouble for next few years for missing out on all the CL fortunes.
  • edited January 2010
    I agree donkeyplop, we're going nowhere fast. At this rate Sunderland & Birmingham have got better futures than our lot, at least they've bought well. I don't like Statler & Waldorf(Hicks & Gillett) but I don't want them to give Rafa anymore money, he's wasted millions on absolute gash. Look at what Redknapp's done at Spurs in a short space of time. I bet if Benayoun, Riera & Babel played for him he'd get a lot more out of them. I think Maxi Rodriguez is a good little player but I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa stifled his creative side. Time to give him the boot, he's lost the plot.
  • edited January 2010

I've never been one of the 'sack the manager' brigade, but something needs to change and FAST.  How can we go from a team that was playing good football and getting good results last season to the shambles that was on the pitch last night in such a short space of time?  It can't all be down to Alonso leaving.

It's not like we can say that we have been unlucky.  We are too easy to play against, and too easy to beat.

• edited January 2010

Its great as a Yorkshireman who's surrounded by l'pool and united fans, to see them both struggling. Are Fergie and Benitez that blind they cant see whats staring them in the face??? How did they expect to 'get away with' not buying in the summer? - United have 3 strikers, one is brilliant, the other cnt be bothered, n the third is a crock, Liverpool have 1 striker, who again is brilliant, but has inevitably suffered with injuries  - WHY didnt they buy  a striker each in the summer???  Haha, Id rather sea a southern team win the league than these 2! Cmon Wenger, get ya wallet out!!!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    They can't afford to get rid of him can they?
    Are the press totally wrong about the monies he is due (as per his contract) if they sack him?

His priority has to be top 4, CL cash is much more important than the cup.
  • edited January 2010
    They have just announced torres is out for 6 weeks and gerrard for 2 weeks! Liverpools little chance of 4th spot has just left town.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: its time to sack benitez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    TBH, I thought this could've been the shock of the round anyway although in fairness once you got the draw at their place I expected you to win by a decent margin at Anfield. The thing is though, if you get rid of Benitez who do you replace him with? I think Liverpool are having a bad season by their standards & fwiw, I think going out tonight could be a blessing in disguise really. It should mean that there's very little excuse for not finishing in the top 4 now because I honestly believe that if Liverpool miss out on that spot then they could well be in trouble for next few years for missing out on all the CL fortunes.
    Posted by silentbob
    i would love to see harry redknapp manage liverpool!!!
  • edited January 2010
     I hope they end up 4th from bottom,or even lower.

I`m fed up losing money on Liverpool.

Cost me big time last night on a accumulator.

Sack him now before it`s to late.

Other managers would have been out ages ago.

• edited January 2010
    NO IF YOU DO NOW YOUVE GOT A NEW MANAGER WITH A SUB STANDARD SQUAD AND ONLY THE POINTLESS EUROPA LEAGUE TO PLAY FOR GIVE IT TILL THE END OF THE SEASON AND THEN YOU ARE IN A BETTER POSITION TO START A FRESH CLEAR OUT 60%OF THE SQUAD AND START A FRESH WITH A MANAGER CAPABLE OF BUILDING A TEAM ON REASONABLE RESOURSES AND DEVELOP YOUNG PLAYERS AS LIVERPOOL DONT HAVE THE CASH TO COMPETE WITH UNITED,CHELSEA AND CITY.
    LIVERPOOL USED TO HAVE A PRODUCTION LINE OF TALENT NOW THE YOUNG PLAYERS GET NOWHERE NEAR THE FIRST TEAM LEAVE TO BE REPLACED BY WORSE FOREIGN PLAYERS WARNOCK OR INSUA NUFF SAID.
    YOU NEED MARTIN ONEIL IMO
  • edited January 2010
    Please keep him

• edited January 2010
    In Response to its time to sack benitez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    im sat here watching liverpool get beat by reading what a joke!!!!!! its time for us to get rid of this spanish waiter!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Get rid of Benitez and offer whatever it takes to get Roy Hodgson. Give Hodgson time (and some money) and he'll deliver a winning team that plays good football. I'm not a Fulham fan or a Liverpool fan but what Hodgson has done is remarkable, not just at Fulham but elsewhere in Europe.
  • edited January 2010
    Let's hope that they don't sack him, then i can still dream of the Poooool doin a Leeds
  • edited January 2010

What saddens me is he's reverted back to his old ways. Last season when he let the players off the leash & let them show their attacking prowess we absolutely mullered Real Madrid & Man Utd. Seeing the woeful Dossena steam onto a long ball & lob Van Der Sar was a truly great moment. Now we're back to adapting to the opposition's style of play & there's no magic from us anymore. It's so boring to watch. You're right about Hodgson Seagull, he's built them into a good solid outfit over the last few years & at times they're playing some sublime stuff. I'd like to see Redknapp or O'Neill get Rafa's job. I think because Rafa & his backroom staff signed recent 5-year deals it would take £20m to get rid of them. If i nail a big win on the Euromillions i'll be paying them off & i'll drive him back to Spain myself.

• edited January 2010
    Please keep him
    Posted by micky6chin
  • edited January 2010
    Its great as a Yorkshireman who's surrounded by l'pool and united fans, to see them both struggling. Are Fergie and Benitez that blind they cant see whats staring them in the face??? How did they expect to 'get away with' not buying in the summer? - United have 3 strikers, one is brilliant, the other cnt be bothered, n the third is a crock, Liverpool have 1 striker, who again is brilliant, but has inevitably suffered with injuries  - WHY didnt they buy  a striker each in the summer???  Haha, Id rather sea a southern team win the league than these 2! Cmon Wenger, get ya wallet out!!! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DOHHHHHHH, WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SIR!!! and you a Yorkshireman, you should hang your head in shame...lol

Repeat after me...Bradford for promotion, Stu McCall is a God, Up the ginger army, and never, NEVER wish for a SOUTHERN team to win the league....(or Manu & Livers for that matter!!!)

All us tykes know that proper football is played in the lower none nancy pampered leagues! pmsl

x