You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Sunday Night Live With Jules & Jen! ***

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Hellooooooo!

Can't believe it's Sunday already, the week has literally flown by for me! Hope you've had a good one yourself? Tomorrow, I'm off to Winter Wonderland with the girls, after all, it is December the 1st tomorrow so it's time to get festive! Any tips for me? I've been told already to wear two pairs of socks as apparently my toes will be like ice by the end, and I've also been told to take it easy on the mulled wine. I may ignore the advice for the latter :)

Tonight's show is going to be busy busy busy!!! As always on a Sunday we've got loads to show you on the telly tonight and we are going to be mixing between some Live Mastercash action, Thursday's Final Table from the Bounty Hunter, and also tonight's HUGE... £25K MEGA ROLLER!!!!

On the show tonight, it's myself and your poker expert Jen Mason, who will be with me to look through your hands, so any questions, comments, hand requests, get them sent in! We are here to help! We also love your poker banter to get us through the 5 hours, so entertain us tonight please! I love a bad joke, and Jen hates them with a passion, so why not...

send in your best/worst poker jokes!

I'm in the mood for a giggle, and it doesn't take much. If you make us laugh that much we might even give away a few seats to a tourney next week, so get in touch!

Email: skyopen@bskyb.com
Tweet: @skypoker #skypokertv

Or post here on the forum! See you from 7pm - midnight you lot!

Jules x

Comments

• edited November 2014
    No doubt it will be a great show tonight ladies.

Cash question for Jen, I am generally a winning cash player but tend to spew my chips calling all 3 streets with top pair second kicker such as kq or aj, which is obvs a major leak.

I know the answer is situation and player dependent but when would you accept that your top pair is not good enough? In position i know i should pot control more by perhaps checking one or more of the streets.

Enjoy Winter Wonderland Jules!
  • edited November 2014
    go on then let's start the jokes off

A man walks into a bar and notices a poker game at the far table. Taking a closer look he sees a dog sitting at the table. Being nosey he walks over and sees cards and chips in front of the dog.

Then the next hand is dealt and cards are dealt to the dog. Then the dog acts in turn with all the other players, calling, raising, folding, everything the human players were doing.

However none of the other players seemed to pay any mind to the fact that they were playing with a dog, they just treated him like any other player.

Finally the man said to one of the players, "I can't believe that dog is playing poker, he must be the smartest dog in the world!"

The player smiled and said, "He isn't that smart, every time he gets a good hand he wags his tail."

ps it goes without saying have a great show as always

• edited November 2014
    Had a game of poker last night with the local milkman, who was trying to shift some old stock. Managed to win six pints on the turn.
  • edited November 2014
    Two poker players run into a bar, dressed as sheep. The barman says 'I've told you pair before. No gambolling in here'.
  • edited November 2014
    Hi Jules, I'm sure it'll be a great show.  The best poker joke I know (that can be broadcast!) is: Last night I was playing poker with tarot cards, I got a full house and four people died!
  • edited November 2014
    A man came home from a poker game late one night and found his hideous harpy of a wife waiting for him with a rolling pin.  Where the hell have you been? she asked.
    You'll have to pack all your things, dear he ad-libbed. I've just lost you in a card game. How did you manage to do that? It wasn't easy honest. I had to fold with a royal flush
  • edited November 2014
    Great Show So Far Ladies!

Worst Poker Joke

What did the giraffe say to the leopard at the poker table?

Answer: I thought you were a cheetah!
  • edited November 2014
    My two fav jokes:-

Did ya hear about the blonde who brought a bag of frozen French fries to a poker game?

Someone told her to bring her own chips.

------

A woman walks into the living room and sees her brother playing poker with their dog.

“Wow!” she exclaimed, “You must have the smartest dog in the world!”

Her brother replies, “He’s not all that smart. I’ve beaten him 3 out of 5 games so far.
  • edited November 2014
    as for bad jokes heres 1 

What do vampires play poker for?  High Stake 

• edited November 2014
    Doctor has told me I need to give up poker. I said 'Why ? Is it affecting my health ?'.

'No', he replied, 'But the last time my receptionist called you, to make an appointment, you raised her three big blinds'.

#bad #sad
  • edited November 2014
    844312320 in the mega roller

quads? ;)
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live With Jules & Jen! ***:
    844312320 in the mega roller quads? ;)
    Posted by alex1229
    Six guys were playing poker when Bob loses £500 on a single hand, clutches his chest and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen comrade, the other five complete their playing time standing up. Harry looks around and asks, "Now, who is going to tell his wife?" They draw straws. Terry, who is always a loser, picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse than it is. "Gentlemen! Discreet? I'm the most discreet man you will ever meet. Discretion is my middle name, leave it to me." Terry walks over to Bob's house, knocks on the door, Bob's wife answers, asks what he wants. Terry says, "Your husband just lost £500 playing cards." Bob's wife goes crazy, "TELL HIM TO DROP DEAD!" Terry says, "I'll tell him."
  • edited November 2014
    I came home from the pub four hours late last night.

"Where the hell have you been?" screamed my wife.

I said, "I've been playing poker with some blokes."

"Playing poker with some blokes?" she repeated. "Well, you can pack your bags and go!"

"So can you," I said. "This isn't our house anymore."

• edited November 2014
    Another Joke

Q How do you make Lady Gaga Cry

A Ppppppppppoker Face!
  • edited November 2014
    Another Bad Joke

I cleaned my fish out last night. Can't believe how bad they are at poker!
  • edited November 2014
    Not Bad Enough.

Me & my mate had an argument playing poker. He picked the cards and 51 of them hit me in the face but I went one better, I decked him.
  • edited November 2014
    Won five tournaments in a row while standing on a piece of bread. 

Think I'm on a roll! 
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks for making Sunday night so glamorous girls. I listen intently to all yourtips suggestions on playing well. There are lots of books on Poker but if you had to pick one book that you have to read which one would it be .....Electro65
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live With Jules & Jen! ***:
    Thanks for making Sunday night so glamorous girls. I listen intently to all yourtips suggestions on playing well. There are lots of books on Poker but if you had to pick one book that you have to read which one would it be .....Electro65
    Posted by Electro65
    Hope that helped Electro! Whack it on the Xmas list, that'll be something to look forward to!
  • edited November 2014
    I've been playing online poker for about a year now. Last night my girlfriend told me it's either poker or her.

I think she's bluffing.

• edited November 2014
    Hi jules and jen great show , my joke is why should you not play poker on safri you might come across some cheat, ers
  • edited November 2014
    i feel as though i have just went out in a really disappointing way my chip stack is great but on the other hand it's very draw heavy.

main event

Q having 3bet preflop do i really need to be so aggressive or should i just keep my bets for value?
  • edited December 2014
    Congratulations:

67bhoys

cenachav

ice_Tiger

benchmark

Who won entry to Tuesday's Turbo Open at 8pm. Good luck!

• edited December 2014
    Thank You Sir!

Most Kind!
  • edited December 2014
    TVM, my first proper tourney ever.

Found out just how much I have to learn.

Finished 235th out of 596. Could've been worse.