You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RIVER DECISION. Raise / call / fold?

edited December 2014 in The Poker Clinic
pixie919 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £42.57
DODGY65 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.70
  Your hole cards
  • Q

mrdavies Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £90.16
ANY_2 Call   £0.90 £2.25 £24.56
kc8 Fold        
PASTADAVE Call   £0.90 £3.15 £26.01
pixie919 Fold        
DODGY65 Fold        
Flop

• J

mrdavies Check        
ANY_2 Bet   £1.58 £4.73 £22.98
PASTADAVE Call   £1.58 £6.31 £24.43
mrdavies Call   £1.58 £7.89 £88.58
Turn

• K

mrdavies Check        
ANY_2 Check        
PASTADAVE Check        
River

mrdavies Bet   £3.95 £11.84 £84.63
ANY_2 Fold        
PASTADAVE Raise   £7.90 £19.74 £16.53
mrdavies          

Comments

• edited December 2014
    the min raise seemed like A10 - Q10 or any 10 really. I had played it quite passively so I think he thought his 10 was good... No real reads.

If I raise and get shoved I have to be behind.

thoughts?
  • edited December 2014
    Hmm - seems odd that they would check behind on the turn if they had AQ, maybe they check a FH to induce a bet on the river but that seems quite a bad play as well given it makes it harder to get their whole stack in.

Then again, min-raising has a tendency to pretty spew from unknown players.

I don't think you can fold given the pot odds, but I would opt to snap-call this.

Probably missing some value against certain oppos who will punt AT and happily call if you shove, but I think it's spewy over the long term to raise the 2nd nut straight on a paired board.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: RIVER DECISION. Raise / call / fold?:
    Hmm - seems odd that they would check behind on the turn if they had AQ, maybe they check a FH to induce a bet on the river but that seems quite a bad play as well given it makes it harder to get their whole stack in. Then again, min-raising has a tendency to pretty spew from unknown players. I don't think you can fold given the pot odds, but I would opt to snap-call this. Probably missing some value against certain oppos who will punt AT and happily call if you shove, but I think it's spewy over the long term to raise the 2nd nut straight on a paired board.
    Posted by shakinaces
    +1
  • edited December 2014
    I would be check calling the river here. Therefore you eliminate getting jammed on. you are prepared to bet four pounds here so if he has a ten his bet would be around that therefore you get to showdown. You are also not losing value with this play as its a dangerous board and your not certain your winning
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: RIVER DECISION. Raise / call / fold?:
    I would be check calling the river here. Therefore you eliminate getting jammed on. you are prepared to bet four pounds here so if he has a ten his bet would be around that therefore you get to showdown. You are also not losing value with this play as its a dangerous board and your not certain your winning
    Posted by pacificjoe
    Its not really thattttt dangerous tho is it? If you're checking this long term you're throwing a lot of £££ down the toilet sir.

I dont see no problem betting, but folding if you think you;re beat. Here the re-raise is miniscule, so snap the fish off. 
  • edited December 2014
    turned out to be K10.. I flatted raise