You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KT FH defeated by KJ! REALLY???!!!

edited December 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Heres a very wicked spot! Holding KT I flopped 3x K's and bet pot-sized OTF. I got called. Turn-Card I bet half-pot and again are flat called. The river seemingly is a dream card for me with a Ten appearing. Here the villain bets Half-pot and I shove the lot-in that I have, believing that I am 99% ahead here. Much to my shock, the villain turns over KJ and has a higher full house!!!

Your comments please - simply a cooler, or wicked nasty play by the villain, or badly played by myself with the shove?

I suspect also that perhaps the pot-sized bet OTF was insufficient!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
snootyclow Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.89
F_E_R_G Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.93
  Your hole cards
  • K

GaryLaud Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £2.49
mondo1985 Fold     
TheRat1 Fold     
NoHelmet Fold     
snootyclow Call  £0.06 £0.20 £5.83
F_E_R_G Fold     
Flop

• J
  • K
  • K

snootyclow Check     
GaryLaud Bet  £0.20 £0.40 £2.29
snootyclow Call  £0.20 £0.60 £5.63
Turn

snootyclow Check     
GaryLaud Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £1.99
snootyclow Call  £0.30 £1.20 £5.33
River

snootyclow Bet  £0.60 £1.80 £4.73
GaryLaud All-in  £1.99 £3.79 £0.00
snootyclow Call  £1.39 £5.18 £3.34
snootyclow Show
  • J
  • K

GaryLaud Show
  • K

snootyclow Win Full House, Kings and Jacks £4.79

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Only real mistake is getting involved in the first place, but then again at least you raised pre flop. Nothing you could do otherwise
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah it's a little marginal (potentially bad) to open KTo from UTG, although we can widen our value range at 4NL...

If we are gonna raise, then make it 3x minimum as we would do with the rest of our hands, if you aint confident raising bigger (to your normal size) then just fold it pre.

After that...  I'd go smaller on the flop cos even at 4NL potting it makes it pretty hard to get called by much on this flop. Turn I go a bit bigger.

River very easy shove.
  • edited December 2014
    Only bad play here potentially is the pre flop raise, K10 is pretty naff/ But after that good, i like the shove on the river, you just got UL.

I wouldnt focus on this hand to much..