You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Roller spot.

edited December 2014 in The Poker Clinic
jotheblag1 Small blind  300.00 300.00 23329.00
hhyftrftdr Big blind  600.00 900.00 11734.00
  Your hole cards

Naomij12 Fold     
Raise  1800.00 2700.00 16203.00
IRONZ Fold     
Call  1800.00 4500.00 28635.00
jotheblag1 Fold  
Roller tonight. X I've played against a few times and is pretty aggro, can put you to the test. Y I've not played very often but know he's good, has been playing pretty solid snug poker, not been caught at it or anything.

The blinds go up next hand...with that in mind....

Squeeze shove with all the dead money in the middle and a genuine hand?
Call and jam a 'safe' flop, thus eliminating plenty of potential flips?
Call, see a dirty flop and meekly check fold?
Fold pre?
Frantically search the lobby to see if there are anymore all in sats?

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Squeeze shove with all the dead money in the middle and a genuine hand? 
    Call and jam a 'safe' flop, thus eliminating plenty of potential flips?
    Call, see a dirty flop and meekly check fold?
    Fold pre?
    Frantically search the lobby to see if there are anymore all in sats?

these 2 ? ;-)
  • edited December 2014
    Way too late for all-in sats I think.  Prob a sigh fold for me but I'm a nit.   Don't mind a shove either TBH.  
  • edited December 2014
    Shove for me tbh.

If blinds are going up next hand, you have effectively only 13BB and be adding 5BB if everyone folds

Your more that likely flipping if you get called. the dealer would 3bet his Qs, Ks & As maybe Js so he's maybe got an underpair or Ax etc. and same for the aggro player and if he wakes up with a genuine hand then it's just unlucky.
  • edited December 2014

X is aggro and Y probably never shows up with better than 10's. (Maybe JJ occasionally)

Great spot to jam imo.

• edited December 2014
    with the extra caller i think you just have to jam, 
  • edited December 2014
    Remember watching it on the TV and hoping you'd jam. Perfect spot
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for the replies chaps, pleasing to see that jamming is the preferred line....unless you're a nit eh Pad? ;)

I did jam, thought it was pretty much a no brainer despite me being slightly suspicious of the call on the button.
    FWIW, X rejammed over me (AQhh) and Y snapped off on the button (KK). Y played it perfectly and got super unlucky as X flopped the flush to basically leave us both drawing dead for a huge pot. Y did a move I love and sometimes utilise myself when situations permit, as I fold if he had 3bet, but he set the trap perfectly and the deck slapped him in the chops. Harsh.

Matt, didn't watch the show, what was their view?
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    I was confused at first as I thought this was a clear and easy all in. Glad to see I was right. Your going to find it hard to get a better spot than 1010 and your stack. 
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah I think it is a pretty clear move, but never any harm in looking for other opinions and thoughts.

If someone else posted this then I'd say it was a mistake not jamming, so I try to practice what I preach ;)
  • edited December 2014
    easy jam spot tbh  ya being results orientated i think most mtt players would jam in this spot 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller spot.:
    easy jam spot tbh  ya being results orientated i think most mtt players would jam in this spot 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I'd have still posted this hand had I spiked a 10 and trebled up, so not being results orientated. It's the whole situation as well as the immediate strength of our hand.
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah the flat call from Y is very suspicous and is a move that fell perfect for him with 2 big hands also involved in the hand.
    you played it fine for me tens far to big a hand to be folding with your stack..
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah the flat call from Y is very suspicous and is a move that fell perfect for him with 2 big hands also involved in the hand. you played it fine for me tens far to big a hand to be folding with your stack..
    Posted by neil1970
    Hi Neil, just outta curiosity, what level of stack would you (and others) think you need to have to consider folding on this occasion?  Roughly, as I know other stacks come into the equation, etc.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Roller spot. : Hi Neil, just outta curiosity, what level of stack would you (and others) think you need to have to consider folding on this occasion?  Roughly, as I know other stacks come into the equation, etc.
    Posted by Glenelg
    I don't think I'm ever folding any stack size tbh.

Certain stack sizes probably up to just over what harry has got I'd shove (maybe 20-22xBB max)

Anything bigger than that and I'm probably just calling pre, or can 3bet/GII against some players,  but I'm not folding.
  • edited December 2014
    Y's call is definitely suspicous given that X has 3x opened. So much money in pot tho that I don't think you can do anything but accept the cooler!