You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XII

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

UKOPS XII is here, we have listened to a lot of the feedback from UKOPS XI and have come up with a packed schedule to cater to all needs.

Let us know what you think and check back tomorrow for another piece of exciting news.

Sam

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Looks tasty

Is the exciting news that your going to give me free entry to the main as its my BD on the 29th Dec?
  • edited December 2014

Well i decided to have a look at th line up of events, especially as it was stated that feedback was listened to and all needs catered for.

And i must say that i find myself truly disappointed about the line up of events. 

From the feeback thread that ran on here for a bit, about a quarter of he posters were agreed on keeping or increasing the omaha events and the desire to have PLO8 included in the schedule. Even knowing it would be only in a minor placement. And there was not one poster saying that omaha should be removed totally.

Then we get to the schedule printed . No PLO8 in at all and the only omaha event has been downgraded to a warm up event.

Seems as though the voices of the people wanting something different were not listened to and the voices of those who want more of the same were
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XII:
      Well i decided to have a look at th line up of events, especially as it was stated that feedback was listened to and all needs catered for.  And i must say that i find myself truly disappointed about the line up of events.   From the feeback thread that ran on here for a bit, about a quarter of he posters were agreed on keeping or increasing the omaha events and the desire to have PLO8 included in the schedule. Even knowing it would be only in a minor placement. And there was not one poster saying that omaha should be removed totally.  Then we get to the schedule printed . No PLO8 in at all and the only omaha event has been downgraded to a warm up event.  Seems as though the voices of the people wanting something different were not listened to and the voices of those who want more of the same were
    Posted by Talon
    You read my mind, was just about to post something similar.

+!
  • edited December 2014
      Well i decided to have a look at th line up of events, especially as it was stated that feedback was listened to and all needs catered for.  And i must say that i find myself truly disappointed about the line up of events.   From the feeback thread that ran on here for a bit, about a quarter of he posters were agreed on keeping or increasing the omaha events and the desire to have PLO8 included in the schedule. Even knowing it would be only in a minor placement. And there was not one poster saying that omaha should be removed totally.  Then we get to the schedule printed . No PLO8 in at all and the only omaha event has been downgraded to a warm up event.  Seems as though the voices of the people wanting something different were not listened to and the voices of those who want more of the same were
    Posted by Talon
    No limit holdem is the main game for most people on here and on all sites.  Sure you might want to see a plo8 tourney but there isnt enough people play it to support this idea.  To be honest i was surprised to see the omaha back on the schedule as there isnt the numbers to support this either and the no limit events will always get more numbers.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to UKOPS XII:
    Hi Everybody, UKOPS XII is here , we have listened to a lot of the feedback from UKOPS XI and have come up with a packed schedule to cater to all needs. Let us know what you think and check back tomorrow for another piece of exciting news. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    hi sam ive played a few ukops even managed too cash in cheaper events once or twice . the warm up events dont look like I will play  why over priced and way too early in the day 
    I like the idea of a deep stack game but were are they no main for a deep stack just warm up games  no thanks sam defo not at 22 quid
    bh heaven looks like too me if you like bingo poker  but for over priced games other than 3 quid games  maybe 5 50 p  but theses end up as bingo player people shove all in 75 and hope  this isnt poker the poeple with lots of money join sky because it rewards bad play or they have lots of money too pay for  over priced satellites  and even people who join the main events with there own money then  rip into the satellites as they see it gud too try get there money back for there seat in the mains so flood all the satellites thus giving the little guy no chances too play unless they pay inflated  torny  prices 

I think its about time sky moved from the greedy ways lower satellites  reduced bh games offer more choices  tournaments  too lower stakes players  at yhe right times at night  
    wen I joined sky id play day and night now lucky if I can be bothered too play even tho I enjoy poker and still learning  imo sky gone wrong some were and need too move back a bit 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to UKOPS XII : hi sam ive played a few ukops even managed too cash in cheaper events once or twice . the warm up events dont look like I will play  why over priced and way too early in the day  I like the idea of a deep stack game but were are they no main for a deep stack just warm up games  no thanks sam defo not at 22 quid bh heaven looks like too me if you like bingo poker  but for over priced games other than 3 quid games  maybe 5 50 p  but theses end up as bingo player people shove all in 75 and hope  this isnt poker the poeple with lots of money join sky because it rewards bad play or they have lots of money too pay for  over priced satellites  and even people who join the main events with there own money then  rip into the satellites as they see it gud too try get there money back for there seat in the mains so flood all the satellites thus giving the little guy no chances too play unless they pay inflated  torny  prices  I think its about time sky moved from the greedy ways lower satellites  reduced bh games offer more choices  tournaments  too lower stakes players  at yhe right times at night   wen I joined sky id play day and night now lucky if I can be bothered too play even tho I enjoy poker and still learning  imo sky gone wrong some were and need too move back a bit 
    Posted by vegasman
    Most of this is way off the mark Vegasman.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XII : No limit holdem is the main game for most people on here and on all sites.  Sure you might want to see a plo8 tourney but there isnt enough people play it to support this idea.  To be honest i was surprised to see the omaha back on the schedule as there isnt the numbers to support this either and the no limit events will always get more numbers.
    Posted by bearlyther
     I actually agree with most of what you say here. Nlhe is the main game and i cant see that changing. Not point even entering into a discussion about it because i is fact.

But inclusion of 1 PLO and 1 PLO8 tourny would constitute only 10% of the total tournies during the festival. Leaving 90% for the more popular format. And of course they would never go in the slot of the main or mini either which would put them into the smaller ones only.

And as another little fact to throw in. During the last UKOPS the omaha event exceeded its guarantee by over a third. Now to me that is more than enough numbers to let it remain
  • edited December 2014
    Looks like a great schedule, can't wait, it can't go any worse for me than the last one!

RE:Omaha, plo8 was never gonna have the interest for it imo, Plo could as it did last time I suppose. Tbf saying two events would only be 10% of the schedule is still a ton when it probably accounts for <1% of the sky action
  • edited December 2014

It would be contradictory of sky to have a PLO8 ukops. 

They have PLO8 cash tables running all day everyday and nobody plays. ever. 

This is largely down to the rake they charge.

If they wanted to promote PLO8, they would do it in other ways than randomly putting a UKOPs PLO8 event in the schedule. 

I'm amazed the game even still exists as an option on the site tbh. That's no slur on the game itself, or the people who enjoy it, but it's not working in any format other than dyms, and that's largely down to TKs promotional thread and participation. 

---------

re the schedule, it's really good to see some afternoon tournaments. 

For once I am looking forward to participating as well as railing and punting !    :)
  • edited December 2014
    Looks pretty decent to me. It's never going to be perfect for everyone but that's simply not possible. The plain fact is they cater as best they can to the most popular formats. That's Why BH's feature most. As for someone saying some small buy ins mean 'bingo' poker. Happy days! Who wants to play a tournament where everyone plays perfectly? I'm sure same person, if playing poker with all the best players, would then say they lost because 'they' get lucky or Sky is rigged etc etc. 

• edited December 2014

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Do please remember that Christmas UKOPS isn't a 'normal' one and covers fewer days. Full regular UKOPS festivals will come throughout 2015.
  • edited December 2014
    "Hi Honey, you know I said we might be go away for a few days over xmas/New Year?"
    "Yes, Pad"
    "Well, I left it too late to book anything decent. Is it OK if we go Easter instead?"
    "Well I'm dissapointed, but Easter's OK I suppose?"
    "Well I'm gutted too" :-)
    RESULT............UKOPS here we come.......
  • edited December 2014
    Sick 'I have a missus' brag.

WP Pad, just wp ;)