You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*****LIVE SHOW THREAD - THURSDAY 4TH DECEMBER with LAURA & KARL*****

edited December 2014 in Poker Chat
Saints fan !!!

You should support the mighty Cherries :-))

Comments

• edited December 2014

Well Hello Hello.... In the Christmas Swing of things yet??

Been a while since I was last in the studio and I’m very glad to be back with my fellow TOP Sky Sports Fantasy Footballer Karl Mahrenholz this Thursday evening, so I hope you'll be joining as we discuss some top poker action. 

(Overtake me and there’ll be trouble Lofty… there's currently 13 points between 1st and 2nd)

Though I was a little sickened to find out Mr Orford had topped the points for this month in the Fantasy Football league… He’s still WAY down below though (obviously) so no need to panic just yet.

Here’s where it gets JUICY…COMPETITION TIME!

Want to win a TURBO TUESDAY seat for next week?

Well, we’ll be giving away a few (I’ll try for as many as I can ;) for BEST CONTRIBUTIONS and QUESTIONS in to the show tonight

Seeing as I went to watch SOUTHAMPTON v ARSENAL at the Emirates last night, being a Saints fan, but going with my Gooner boyfriend, I was under STRICT instructions to be quiet.

Be quiet!? Me???!!! It was tough. I really did have to practice my POKER FACE in a real life scenario.

This was my face 5 minutes before the end, when I had totally lost all ability to practice my poker face...

Tell us about a time when you had to practice your poker face in real life?

Maybe you received an awful Christmas present and had to keep a straight face??

I’d quite like to know about awful Christmas presents too on that thought?! Any that were REALLY REALLY bad??

ALSO, on the news that Stu Rutter marched out to a final table last week with Desiree blaring out of the speakers...

what would be the song you marched to the final table to and why?

Ways to get in contact:

Email usSkyopen@bskyb.com

Tweet us: #skypokertv (Follow us @skypoker)

Here on the forum  

Tonight’s show will be a good one. It looks like this:

7pm – Midnight

We’ll be jumping back and forth from the various MTTs, MASTERCASH tables and maybe even S&Gs on skypoker.com

SO… as we are going to be so flexible, let us know if you’re on any of the TV flagged tables and we’ll try to get your hands analysed!

ALSO Don’t forget to head over to the Promotions page for the Christmas Challenge to see what today’s special prize might be. It’s our very own Sky Poker interactive advent calendar!

Also, plenty of satellites to try and get in on the cheap and play from the new skypoker app for ipads and iphones.

Looking forward to see you at the felt! 

And as Christmas is a-coming….

• edited December 2014
    Haha you are right! If the Cherries make the PL next season (which is currently looking quite likely) I might go back to them... I am such a fickle football fan!! (I am a girl) Tbf my first ever game I went to watch was a Le Tis testimonial Saints v Cherries at Dean Court :) 
  • edited December 2014
    I want to know your poker songs too for tonight!!
  • edited December 2014
    what would be the song you marched to the final table to and why?

Kasabian - Fire

cuz im on FIRE !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4AMqyK9Tr8
  • edited December 2014
    There can only one choice of song to walk out to a final table to - AC/DC's "GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD LUCK"

For obvious reasons.

Have a great show.
  • edited December 2014
    Worse fold ever. An expensive way to remind myself never to play tired, it was 3am, or when tilting.

How should I have played it?

Hand number #841237079
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: *****LIVE SHOW THREAD - THURSDAY 4TH DECEMBER with LAURA & KARL*****:
    what would be the song you marched to the final table to and why? Kasabian - Fire cuz im on FIRE !!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4AMqyK9Tr8
    Posted by VespaPX
    Kasabian are great, love this track! In fact they're playing all this week about 5 minutes walk from where I live.
  • edited December 2014
    Hey guys, looking forward to the show.

Hand number 845636287 from mastercash 2 a little while ago, was I right to play the turn the way I did? 
  • edited December 2014
    Great Show So Far Guys!

Songs to Be Played when I enter the Final Table (What's a Final Table?)

Rock This Town - Stray Cats

Get Ready For This - 2Unlimited

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins

Conquest of Paradise - Vangelis

Waterfront - Simple Minds

or maybe even

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
  • edited December 2014
    id come out to tinie tempah feat eric turners  song  written in the stars :)  

as its written in the stars for me to take down the tourney :) 

• edited December 2014
    big £10/£20 game going down suprised u aint showing that crazy action then i realised there is no tv icon on it ha 
  • edited December 2014
    If I made a FT in the sort of game that let me have walk on music, it'd have to be PARTY HARD by the mighty Andrew WK - no point getting to a major FT and not doing my best to enjoy every last minute... no better man to kick that fun off than Andrew WK :)
  • edited December 2014
    More thought.....

It has to be ICE OF THE TIGER by Survivor
  • edited December 2014
    Hi both,
    Eye of the tiger by survivor

• edited December 2014
    hi again,
    holding out for a hero, bonnie tyler
  • edited December 2014
    Going For Gold by York's finest, Shed Seven.
  • edited December 2014
    Ok if I have managed to last to the final table surely it must be gloria gaynor and I will survive
  • edited December 2014
    You need a poker face... when that girl you're crazy about says "Oh, you're such a good friend" and you die inside.

Not that I have any experience with that. Nobody thinks I'm a good friend. ;-)
  • edited December 2014
    Hi Guys,

loving the show.  Nosebleed top of the pots!  
    Entry songs.   I actually have one!   I was a boxer in the forces and the contests were usually on a saturday night.  All the boxers entered to "I love to boogie on a Saturday night" by T.Rex!!  LOsers were usually carried out to "Goodbye to Jane" by SLade.  Gives you an idea how long ago it was!!!    Would be nice to enter NOvember 9 to  "Goodbye to JAne"  I know ....the irony.
  • edited December 2014
    I think I'd have to have American Pie by Don McLean (the full length version) as that would mean my walk-on was probably going to last longer than my time at the final table.
  • edited December 2014
    Good evening Laura and Karl.
    My poker face came when my Father in law asked me what i would like for Christmas, as i was in the building trade at the time i said a jigsaw power tool, christmas day i opened his present  to me and  i get a jigsaw puzzle of a country scene, and the father in law says hope it is one you like.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited December 2014
    when talking about late reg earlier i have a question for karl
    i was playing live yesterday in a very reputable card room i wont name any names! the tourney stared at 7 and late reg until 9 it was a freezeout with 1 re  the previous 2 nights they had missed the guarntee by a long way so at 9.10 i seen somebody bust and re enter wchich is after  late reg also somebody got moved to the right of me at 9.30 he had just regged 2 hands later this guy bust somebody who had been sat on my table since 7! so basicaly i seen alot of people late reging after 9pm shuld they of been allowed to do this should i of said something???
  • edited December 2014
    Another walk on song by the god of music ian brown   

songs called F.E.A.R  tune :) 
  • edited December 2014
    Ok a poker face. try this one.
    I was on holiday with my wife and the foriegn language can always be tricky. As we were finishing breakfast the waiter came to my wife and asked something, she replied "Oh yes definitely looking forward to it can't wait". The waiter went away and I said "that was a bit enthusiastic wasn't it" "what do you mean" she said "he asked me if I was going to the pool after breakfast". "No" I said "he said do you want a glass of water" " No he didn't she said".
    A short while later the waiter turned up with the water and topped her glass up. Now you try and sit there with a poker face with no reaction, no smile no smirk, no snigger etc.
  • edited December 2014
    I think my walk out music would be Release the Pressure by Leftfield, its a great high energy song just when I would need a boost.

As for poker face moments, well me and my best friend used to work together and I was sort of her boss.  I once had to give her a ticking off about something, and I definitely needed my poker face then as I couldn't stop wanting to giggle!  I'm sure she could tell I was trying not to laugh the whole way through...
  • edited December 2014
    Ok a question for Karl about re-entry tournaments. The other day I played in a re-entry tournament with 1 re-entry allowed. We started with 30,000, and I had 25,000 left at end of re-entry time do I push or do I sit? I sat and cashed in 5th, but is this right?